Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need a Mechanic... Free Beers.... willing to.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a Mechanic... Free Beers.... willing to.....

Ok, as what the title state,

Free Beers, and willing to pay if needed.

I need a mechanic to diagnose and possibly needed some work done mainly in the engine side.

I have basic tools to work with but it maybe helpful if the mechanic brought his own set of tools to diagnose and fix the problem.

Some techies say that I might need a Valve adjustment done, or worst I DONT know :D. Underload, I here it at around 2.5k + RPM or more, it varies.

Valve tap? Knock? blown block?, crankie...?......

Car e30 90' 325i
    Engine: 2.7L stroker with schrick cams.

Please PM me and will give my number. thank you.

Here is a vid of my engine which I'm having problems as of right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaLgaNYWKpE

Thank you.

Where are you located?

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

pm'd

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
      i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
      Originally posted by slammin.e28
      Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

@ accident. replied

@ak- I live in Cerritos/norwalk area.

Comment

that honestly sounds like rod knock. My buddy's calypso did that about 20 miles before his motor blew. His gradually got louder and then the car just wouldnt start up anymore after that. Tested the compression and cylinder #4 wouldnt give any numbers at all. The rod had broken at the wrist pin

My advice for you would be to take it somewhere that can pull the valve cover off and inspect for any visible damage or broken parts. If nothing is out of the ordinary, you may want to pull the oil pan and check out your bottom end

Taylor
          Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
          Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

Comment

Definitely sounds like valves need adjustment or possibly broken rocker arm. When did it start? And where's Cerritos? I'm in San Bernardino, I might be able to swing by next week.

Matt
            Matt

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy
            I pack my CD player with asbestos. Those mother fuckers pay dearly for stealing my shit.
            Originally posted by kronus
            try whacking parts of the motor with a wrench while yelling "YOU WANT SUMMA DIS? HUH?"
            Originally posted by chadthestampede
            This is like a reverse build thread; it starts out nice and gets shitty.

Comment

Originally posted by E30_fiend View Post
              that honestly sounds like rod knock.
              I dunno, my car sounded like that when i bought it, and it went away when i did the valve adjustment
              Originally posted by E30Nova View Post
              Definitely sounds like valves need adjustment or possibly broken rocker arm. When did it start? And where's Cerritos? I'm in San Bernardino, I might be able to swing by next week.

Matt
              if it was a broken rocker arm he'd be having drivability problems

Moral of this story?

Comment

True, but easiest and first thing I'd do is pull the valve cover.

Matt
                Matt

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy
                I pack my CD player with asbestos. Those mother fuckers pay dearly for stealing my shit.
                Originally posted by kronus
                try whacking parts of the motor with a wrench while yelling "YOU WANT SUMMA DIS? HUH?"
                Originally posted by chadthestampede
                This is like a reverse build thread; it starts out nice and gets shitty.

Comment

Sounds like detonation to me or a rod knock. Its a knock not a tap/tick.

SINdelle:E36 M3 5-Lug | 17x8 & 17x9 BBS RS | S52/ZF | 2.93LSD/3.5HFM/24lb Injectors/C&S Chip[B]SOLD[B]

Comment

Originally posted by jahnaboi View Post
                    Sounds like detonation to me or a rod knock. Its a knock not a tap/tick.
                    if i remember correctly detonation can be caused by maladjusted valves

Moral of this story?

Comment

Considering his build, I beg to differ! :p
                      What tune are you running if any?

"Detonation (Pinging) occurs when the air/fuel mixture ignites before the piston is in the correct position in its stroke; this is why it is also called “Pre-ignition”. When this occurs it causes the piston/rod assembly to force its way up through the combustion, which stresses the connecting rod
                      , and can actually burn holes through the piston or cause it to break and can also cause premature engine bearing failure. Higher engine compression ratios require the use of higher octane fuels to help eliminate detonation, these vehicles usually will have a label near the fuel filler or in the manual letting you know what octane fuel is recommended for the vehicle."

If I'm reading this correctly, lose intake valves would cause the mixture to fire later as valve adjustments get lose not tight. So it should have no relation to needing a valve adjustment. Obviously if it were adjusted too tight its a different story. But it seems the car was perfectly fine then crapped out. Not the other way around.
                      Last edited by jahnaboi; 04-11-2010, 09:46 AM.

SINdelle:E36 M3 5-Lug | 17x8 & 17x9 BBS RS | S52/ZF | 2.93LSD/3.5HFM/24lb Injectors/C&S Chip[B]SOLD[B]

Comment

"Detonation (Pinging) occurs when the air/fuel mixture ignites before the piston is in the correct position in its stroke; this is why it is also called “Pre-ignition”. When this occurs it causes the piston/rod assembly to force its way up through the combustion, which stresses the connecting rod
                        , and can actually burn holes through the piston or cause it to break and can also cause premature engine bearing failure. Higher engine compression ratios require the use of higher octane fuels to help eliminate detonation, these vehicles usually will have a label near the fuel filler or in the manual letting you know what octane fuel is recommended for the vehicle."

If I'm reading this correctly, lose intake valves would cause the mixture to fire later as valve adjustments get lose not tight. So it should have no relation to needing a valve adjustment. Obviously if it were adjusted too tight its a different story. But it seems the car was perfectly fine then crapped out. Not the other way around.
                        well said, now this is an explanation not a theory fo some sort, I have to meet you as I have heard you do a well sorted swap.

Comment

I have Dinan when i did this for now. The car was running fine, That change of note sound at higher RPM ( video) *trumpet sound* is louder than before.

Originally posted by E30Nova View Post

Matt
                          I live in Norwalk/cerritos Area, off of 5 or 91/605. Problem started this past thursday. Pretty much Im hoping the problem is not that bad. If ever it is. I'll just buy a Used engine, slap it on and try to rebuild this or sell it.

Thanks for the input guys, anything you guys need out of me or do to somewhat diagnose this?

I know i might have to remove the valve cover but I ahve no time today.

Any peeps nearby my area, who wants to swing by now and take a look at it?

Comment

did you accidentally run 87 or 89 octane through it?

Moral of this story?

Comment

Originally posted by accident View Post
                              did you accidentally run 87 or 89 octane through it?
                              nope. 91 all the way.

Comment

Working...
                              X