Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SoCal Vintage BMW's Castaic Lake/ Little Tujunga Run and BBQ - Sunday 9/26, 9 AM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SoCal Vintage BMW's Castaic Lake/ Little Tujunga Run and BBQ - Sunday 9/26, 9 AM

SoCal Vintage BMW's Castaic Lake/ Little Tujunga Run and BBQ - Sunday 9/26, 9 AM - Last Drive Event before the October Meet

Drivers!

The Castaic/Lake Hughes/Little Tujunga Run & BBQ is a week from today on SUNDAY Sept 26, at 9 AM - If you haven't RSVP'd yet, please do so, as this is one of our drive events where we need ...an accurate head count (read: food involved). Those of you that have already RSVP'd, we have you on the list.

Start point is at Lake Hughes Road & The Ridge Route Road in Castaic. Here's the route - please print it out as it will serve as your map:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Lake+Hughes+Rd+%26+Ridge+Route+Rd%2C+Cast aic%2C+CA+91384&daddr=Forest+Route+7N09%2FLake+Hug hes+Rd+to%3ASierra+Hwy+to%3A34.3585591%2C-118.389396+to%3ALeolang+Ave&hl=en&geocode=FVxjDgId ig7u-ClHQ0q10X7CgDG0NMhc7ow0DA%3BFSEoEQIdJJDw-A%3BFZypDQId0P_w-A%3BFR9FDAIdbIXx-CndTM7QKozCgDHHh_AUch3OCw%3BFdTJCgIdYsvy-A&gl=us&mra=dvme&mrcr=2&mrsp=3&sz=12&via=3&sll=34. 29041%2C-118.243446&sspn=0.22068%2C0.527&ie=UTF8&ll=34.4239 03%2C-118.443604&spn=0.626431%2C1.013489&z=10

Again, this drive and BBQ is FREE for those of you that are registered (or will be registered before Sunday) for the October 23rd Meet in Woodley Park - which is in 5 WEEKS!!! If you are not registered for the Meet by Sunday you will be asked for a $10 donation for the food to help cover costs. This is a great drive with great food and company afterwards...a real warm up for the Meet in October

As for the October Meet, if you are planning to attend, PLEASE go to the socalvintagebmw.com website and register using the red register link at the bottom of the 2010 Meet page as soon as you can. John and I have put in the orders for goody bag items (you will LOVE what we're getting)and t-shirts and it is really really crucial for us to get as accurate a number of attendees as possible, so we make sure we have enough cool stuff for everyone!

Because of time and ordering constraints, we will only be able to put together a fixed number of goodie bags, so if you register really late, or show up day of show unregistered with cash in hand (we know with schedule committments that it can't be helped sometimes) you run the risk of us not having enough goodies for everyone. We will do all we can to ensure everyone gets swag as part of participating, so please register asap becuase that will help us immensely in that

We really appreciate it - our goal is to have a fulfilling and fun Meet in the Park that everyone goes away happy. Thank you all for your patience and support.

Sincerely

Jeff & John
    SoCal Vintage BMW

bags of goodies was not even worth a s*%t, last years event was ok, except for the food truck, it took for ever for those guys to open, I got tired of waiting in line in the damn sun.
    I'm not spending a dime on these guys, oh by the way I bought the shirt at the event for $18.00
    and they had them on ebay for I think $10 the next day, what a joke.
    these time I'll park on the side and go check the cars instead of paying any $$$

Comment

Lol
      @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Sal

Sorry you were disappointed with last years event, so far you're the only one that has complained (outside of the food, which is another story). At every one of the drives we put on, at least half a dozen guys are wearing the caps we gave out at last years meet, so clearly so folks liked it. The food truck completely screwed us, came an hour and a half later than they agreed to and wasn't prepared for the amount of people that were there, even though we told them what to expect. We can;t control everything. We are working hard to ensure that doesn;t happen this year.

The event is about solidifying the community, and we've waited years to have a comprehensive vintage and classic BMW meet and drive events in SoCal. Obviously we can't please everyone, but from the feedback we've gotten we're doing fine with the Vintage/Classic BMW Community. You should be aware that John and I put A LOT of time and effort over the year to make all this happen and we don't receive a dime for it,we pour it back into drive events - we have a drive and BBQ coming up this weekend and it cost a lot of money to feed 30 odd drivers plus guests - plus the other drive events. We feel $20 registration and $15 a tshirt paid in advance is fair. Most venues you have to pay more day of show, we try to avoid that, but it puts us in a much tougher position to plan things when 40 more cars show up day of show than we planned for.

It would have been nice to drop us a note and let us know what you thought might be an improvement in a constructive manner as opposed to flaming us on the board. You are welcome to be part of the event, we prefer you register and be part of things, as opposed to parking in the lot, walking in and passing the responsibility of helping the community off onn your e30 brothers.

Just so you guys know, John and I usually drive our e30s, and at the moment my '88 325is is the only car I have to drive. Thanks for hearing me out, and I hope we have a huge e30 turnout - we are counting on you guys.

Jeff
        SoCal Vintage BMW

Comment

Jeff and Jon at SoCal Vintage BMW are cool people.

when is the next woodley park show?
          PBMW Magazine. PVW Mag

Fender Rolling for dirt cheap in SoCal. Hit me up.

Check out my work...

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=165114

Comment

Tony

This years Meet will be on Sat. Oct 23 - a month away! We hope to see you there and I don;t think we ever thanked you enough for the great coverage you gave us last year. Let do it again! More info at socalvintagebmw.com

Jeff

Comment

I will try my hardest to make it to both of these. I may have no control over the Woodley Park meet, which I really really want to again. Im actually looking at the little screwdriver-measuring-tape-thingee that we got last year!! HAHA, Im about to take it to my new house.

2001 Titaniumsilber 540i Sport 6-Speed
              1990 Diamantschwarz Alpha-N 2.5L ///M3
              1986 Alpinweiss 325e M50B25 (R.I.P.)

-Talk to me when more sound comes from the induction than from the exhaust...

-Argentina........lo mas grande que hay.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalVintageBMW View Post
                Tony

This years Meet will be on Sat. Oct 23 - a month away! We hope to see you there and I don;t think we ever thanked you enough for the great coverage you gave us last year. Let do it again! More info at socalvintagebmw.com

Jeff
                Cant make the Castaic event, but will be at Woodley Park for sure again for PBMW mag
                PBMW Magazine. PVW Mag

Fender Rolling for dirt cheap in SoCal. Hit me up.

Check out my work...

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=165114

Comment

Working...
                X