WTT: E30 for E36

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bimmerman325i
    replied
    Nothing really to add on E30 vs E36, but OP, what color blue is your E30?

    Leave a comment:


  • OBEY
    replied
    suspence, so are you trading it or are you keeping it? i with you; idk if i should keep my e30 and build it or buy something else (down payment for a 545i lol).

    although to answer your question, i'd say coilovers. do coilovers. i got custom coilovers; eibach race 550f/650r and koni yellows w/ adj. camber plates. i don't like my camber plates. i should have picked up the camber plates like what nigel has.

    i also don't like my spring rate for dd, but i do like my spring rate for drifting/race, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnaiAh9hbzs

    here's another one with the suspension setup, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLgBC...eature=related

    Leave a comment:


  • einstein57
    replied
    Do wan't. How much? Specs?

    Leave a comment:


  • bmw drifter
    replied
    Originally posted by Suspence
    I'd be down to trade my car for an E36 m3, looking for either Dakar yellow or blue. I can trade plus cash. Let me know if anyone has an offer.


    i'm down to trade







    Leave a comment:


  • Suspence
    replied
    I'll just go lower ratio when I do a turbo, which won't be for awhile. Just going to save for coil overs first like everyone is telling me haha.

    Leave a comment:


  • phreshkid
    replied
    3.73 is a bit short once turbo happens no?

    Leave a comment:


  • einstein57
    replied
    Hyperco is in china?

    Leave a comment:


  • CBRSTi
    replied
    Is your 2.93 an LSD?

    Leave a comment:


  • Suspence
    replied
    Originally posted by Kev
    best thing you can do is basically what everyone is telling you ground control coils(proven rates and not china), 3.73lsd , then turbo. dont cheap out on ecu do it right the first time.. talk to blueapplesoda he knows his stuff.
    Yeah, I'll definitely do coilovers first before turbo, just to get the right feel and stance. Thanks

    Originally posted by Kev
    Ooo and DO NOT trade for an e36 m3.
    lol got it, I won't any more. I should have titled this as Spencer needs help thread.

    Leave a comment:


  • Kev
    replied
    Ooo and DO NOT trade for an e36 m3.

    Leave a comment:


  • Kev
    replied
    best thing you can do is basically what everyone is telling you ground control coils(proven rates and not china), 3.73lsd , then turbo. dont cheap out on ecu do it right the first time.. talk to blueapplesoda he knows his stuff.

    Leave a comment:


  • mkcman17
    replied
    ^
    still no rear carrier bushing.

    just get an oem lever (comes with a new selector bushing installed) for around $65-70 and the other main items separately. at least that's how i'd do it after dumping $95 to bma and still had to buy the joint and carrier.


    this thread has TONS of info on different oem shifters. your desired combo is probably somewhere in there.

    Leave a comment:


  • Suspence
    replied
    I want something that is short, as in low into the center console. Mine sticks up super far right now, but I also want something that is wayyy shorter then stock. Just something sportier and faster.

    What about something like this?

    http://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw-...e30-e36-e30ssk

    Leave a comment:


  • Suspence
    replied
    Hmm, well I'll keep looking around.

    Thanks!

    Leave a comment:


  • mkcman17
    replied
    talk to nigel about coilover, turbo and bbk. he's got it all.


    i would recommend NOT buying BMA's shift kit - waste of money. nearly 100 bones and doesn't include the main two you need (rear carrier bushing and front t-joint bushing). a good bushing rebuild is around $120-130 with short shift, and a thorough one is maybe 40-50 more for allll the bushings.
    Last edited by mkcman17; 08-12-2011, 09:12 AM.

    Leave a comment:

Working...