WTT: E30 for E36

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Suspence
    replied
    Originally posted by E30_(1st Musk)_
    wait are we talking about the short shifter or the lsd?


    I would say do full coilovers first. Go with Ground Control because its a legit setup and you can set your spring rate on a proven setup. It would be a great addition to your e30 as is.

    you could either buy the kit already put together or pieced together with the GC conversion kit.

    i say do the 3.73, short shifter, and coilovers

    i think after that your e30 will be setup for power...suspension/rebuild/seats/bars etc. what else is left but brake upgrade with more power?
    Yeah I was coil overs terribly, just have to save the dough.

    I have nice rotors, just need new pads... But I wouldn't mind a nice BBK haha, and as far as shifter goes I just need something shorter. I'll be buying it either this weekend or next week some time. I want to find a brand new one online with all the bushings I need. If anyone knows of something please link it here.

    REV is awesome by the way, you guys have helped me so much with parts and learning how my car works. If I didn't have REV I wouldn't know wtf half the crap on my car is. I'm talking to einstien about my build, so we will see where that goes.

    Leave a comment:


  • E30_(1st Musk)_
    replied
    Originally posted by Suspence
    Yeah I know I should waittt haha I want it nOW!



    I want to replace a lot, but something that will be able to take daily driving with out too many problems. Maybe around 300hp, and as simple as it gets. I don't want anything nuts. Should I do turbo build first or coil overs first?
    wait are we talking about the short shifter or the lsd?


    I would say do full coilovers first. Go with Ground Control because its a legit setup and you can set your spring rate on a proven setup. It would be a great addition to your e30 as is.

    you could either buy the kit already put together or pieced together with the GC conversion kit.

    i say do the 3.73, short shifter, and coilovers

    i think after that your e30 will be setup for power...suspension/rebuild/seats/bars etc. what else is left but brake upgrade with more power?

    Leave a comment:


  • Sagaris
    replied
    Post up an acceleration video. Perhaps your car accelerates just fine but the long gears make it seem slower than it is.
    4.10 is too short in 1st gear for my liking, freeway cruising was just fine. It depends on your tire circumference though. If you are running a larger circumference than stock then a 4.10 would work out to something between 3.73 and 4.10 which I feel is perfect (still searching for that medium case S3.91)

    Leave a comment:


  • mkcman17
    replied
    Originally posted by redsubdivisions
    Eh. Depends on your definition. although I would really dig a 3.73, I do like my 4.10 LSD. It is fun coming out of corners and when I want to throw the ass end out every once in a while, this is the diff to do it with.
    It all depends on purpose and tolerance I guess. I daily my car and fwy 90% of the time and 3.73 often feels too strung out.

    Leave a comment:


  • mkcman17
    replied
    Hit up nigel for a package deal. I'm helping him run a prototype of his coilover setup that's going to be dialed in very soon.

    Leave a comment:


  • redsubdivisions
    replied
    Originally posted by mkcman17
    4.10 is too much for an m20.
    Eh. Depends on your definition. although I would really dig a 3.73, I do like my 4.10 LSD. It is fun coming out of corners and when I want to throw the ass end out every once in a while, this is the diff to do it with.

    Leave a comment:


  • azael325i
    replied
    Do turbo bro. I'm at 12 psi and I love it. I was like you before. Then I got boost and I want more ;)

    Leave a comment:


  • Suspence
    replied
    Originally posted by howdyhoayman
    your car's already so much more dope. just do what everyone said to do and you'll be set. can't afford turbo now? then wait cause it'd just be fucking worth it and all the people with e36s will be jelly and drooly.
    Yeah I know I should waittt haha I want it nOW!

    Originally posted by E30_(1st Musk)_
    all depends on what you want to replace.. i can get you the parts but some people try and replace everything possible down there while others just do the main worn linkage parts...

    i would recommend the z4 2.5 or the e36 m3 (shorter than the 2.5 but notchy)

    guess it depends how short you wont it on your daily
    I want to replace a lot, but something that will be able to take daily driving with out too many problems. Maybe around 300hp, and as simple as it gets. I don't want anything nuts. Should I do turbo build first or coil overs first?

    Leave a comment:


  • mkcman17
    replied
    Originally posted by rlddlr53
    e36<e30

    I loved my 1989 325is any day over my e36 m3
    I sense deja vu. Dinanm3?




    I feel like the z4 ones are too short.

    Leave a comment:


  • E30_(1st Musk)_
    replied
    Originally posted by Suspence
    Can someone recommend me a nice short shift kit please with everything that I need?

    Thanks
    all depends on what you want to replace.. i can get you the parts but some people try and replace everything possible down there while others just do the main worn linkage parts...

    i would recommend the z4 2.5 or the e36 m3 (shorter than the 2.5 but notchy)

    guess it depends how short you wont it on your daily

    Leave a comment:


  • Ayman
    replied
    your car's already so much more dope. just do what everyone said to do and you'll be set. can't afford turbo now? then wait cause it'd just be fucking worth it and all the people with e36s will be jelly and drooly.

    Leave a comment:


  • Suspence
    replied
    This is why I want an e36.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dj Buttchug
    replied
    i am disappoint...


    Originally posted by jasonsnoddy
    e30's are slow. so are e36 m3's. why not turbo or swap or something?
    ^this. an excellent e30 platform shall not be traded for an e36. as stated before. e36 m3s are slow.

    Leave a comment:


  • Suspence
    replied
    Can someone recommend me a nice short shift kit please with everything that I need?

    Thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • rlddlr53
    replied
    e36<e30

    I loved my 1989 325is any day over my e36 m3

    Leave a comment:

Working...