This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Locals, come get your free trunk lip

Last edited by JinormusJ; 03-07-2013, 07:12 PM.

Comment

If its free, it's for me. Jk, good deeds like your post J, the more good karma you will get.
      - 98 M3 Cabrio
      Photo work: http://www.herbreal.com
      Instagram: @herbreal
      Twitter:the_herb_real

Comment

Ballsack! Work sucks today

Comment

Originally posted by ohthejosh View Post
          Sounds like fun! Your roadster is such a car full of win too. Im going to try and save the date. Thanks for the heads up Will!
          If you want to run, I'd be happy to instruct if you want. They raised the price to race to $40. Getting in however is free, as are ride a longs.

Yeah, the roadster is a lot of fun to race. It might be entertaining to watch since I've only driven it twice since November, and November was the last time I raced. I'm feeling a little rusty.

Will
          '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
          '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
          '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
          '88 BMW M3

Comment

Originally posted by HerbReal View Post
            If its free, it's for me. Jk, good deeds like your post J, the more good karma you will get.
            I don't believe in karma, but I do believe in the basic human persona of kindness. Someone gave me a free lip, why not return the favor to another lucky soul? :)

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
              If you want to run, I'd be happy to instruct if you want. They raised the price to race to $40. Getting in however is free, as are ride a longs.

Yeah, the roadster is a lot of fun to race. It might be entertaining to watch since I've only driven it twice since November, and November was the last time I raced. I'm feeling a little rusty.

Will
              Sweet! Id love some instruction! Is there anything I should do to my car if I were to race?
              SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!
              IG: ohthejosh

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
              BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

Originally posted by ohthejosh View Post
                Sweet! Id love some instruction! Is there anything I should do to my car if I were to race?
                Make sure there are no major leaks, the battery is secure (that is a big one) no missing wheels bolts. Pretty much as long as the car is street worthy and safe, you are good to go. No loose items in the car, seats are attached. Its a pretty simple tech inspection, and I happen to be one of the tech inspectors. ( I wear lots of hats with UFO, Instructor, Tech inspector and photographer.) Make sure your tires are properly inflated, and the wheel bearings aren't sloppy.

Pretty much just give your car a once over and look for any loose screws, nuts, bolts ect, check your brake fluid, oil, and coolant.

When I do a tech inspection I'll start with the drivers side wheel and give it a solid shake, check for missing lug nuts/bolts. From there I'll move to the drivers rear and do the same, check the trunk for loose objects, check the passenger side rear wheel, then move to the front wheel. From there I'll give the engine bay a quick once over checking for loose batteries (you wouldn't believe how many cars I fail for that.) loose fluid caps (power steering, brake, radiator and oil cap) and then I'll move to the cabin, check for a firm brake pedal, and there is little/no slop in the steering wheel (I've found a few loose steering wheels). I also check the seat belts, stock belts are fine they just need to be attached where they need to be. If you are using a loaner helmet, I'll mark that on the tech card. If you do that before you come down and take care of anything you find, you'll be good to go. If its close to time to change your oil, you might as well take care of that before hand. It also might be a good idea to check your gear oil in the trans and diff. Odds are you will only need 2nd gear (unless you have an eta with no decent redline) In that case, you will need 3rd. I run both the M3 and the roadster to about 7200 rpm out there on a regular basis, but its only for a split second. Every once in awhile I'll find a long/fast slalom where I either need more rpm or I'll just go for 3rd. The redline on the M3 is now 7800 so that will pretty much eliminate the need for a 3rd gear shift.

You will have to attend the drivers meeting, there will be two of them, one about 0830 for the morning session, and one about 1230 for the afternoon group. There will also be a rookie walk through the course. I always walk the course before I run so if you run in the afternoon, find me and I'll walk the course with you. I'll be over with the 510 guys (Likely a primer grey one and an orange 4 door, but there might be more scattered around. Either way, both of my cars are likely the only ones like them there. (I've never seen another roadster run, and only two other M3s in the past 5 years.) I'll be down well before noon so I can either shoot photos or swap wheels around and retune the roadster to run race fuel. If I'm running the M3 I'll just be emptying the trunk out and checking my tire pressure. After we are done racing, a bunch of us will meet for pizza at Mountain Mikes afterwards.

Will
                '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                '88 BMW M3

Comment

Originally posted by CabbE30 View Post
                  Yep EE98. It sucks!
                  Any tips?
                  depends, are you taking the MIT course or the regular one?

just stay on top of your work, and ASK questions. get to know the basic theories and how they apply to each problem.

Comment

Can someone help me out? I'm trying to use that trick to run a vin where you use the dealer autocheck readout and it won't work. Anybody used it recently? I'm starting to think that it doesn't work anymore.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by YosemiteSam View Post
                      Can someone help me out? I'm trying to use that trick to run a vin where you use the dealer autocheck readout and it won't work. Anybody used it recently? I'm starting to think that it doesn't work anymore.

enter vin. select source.

Comment

Sweet, thanks.
                        sigpic

Comment

I have just discovered Deadmau5 Strobe; I feel like such a boss driving now

True story

Comment

man i got the worst sleeping habbits lately!

Comment

pants, did you get your car smogged?

Comment

hi gays
                                Much wow
                                I hate 4 doors

Comment

Working...
                                X