Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup, almost made it to 3 here; I put her through school, and she's helped me through shit like my anger and anxiety issues resulting from PTSD, not to mention being unemployed for 6 months.

I also just got 30-day move-out notice from my apartment manager, because we're in the last unit that hasn't gotten a remodel. So, there's that too.

The one saving grace is the job I start Tuesday pays $5k/yr more than the one I got laid off from in Sept, so though things are tight right now, I'm financially equipped to deal with this.
    past:
    1989 325is (learner shitbox)
    1986 325e (turbo dorito)
    1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
    1985 323i baur
    current:
    1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

This feels a lot more like a "do what I have to" than "do what I want to" situation, but the new job is in SF, so hopefully by April I will be situated there and able to have some fun.

Appreciate the sentiment, and I am trying to look for the light, but right now I'm in a long tunnel.
      past:
      1986 325e (turbo dorito)
      1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
      1985 323i baur
      current:

Comment

:/ you guys are making me depressed. I've been with my gf for 5 years and the only funk we get with each other never lasts 24 hours, and it usually never happens anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
          :/ you guys are making me depressed. I've been with my gf for 5 years and the only funk we get with each other never lasts 24 hours, and it usually never happens anymore.
          What is "funk"? haha

I just recently got out of a 4 and a 1/2 year relationship, started in high school and ended in college. It was pretty much going to happen.

No girlfriend= more $ for car

Not having a girlfriend is pretty much what allowed me to fulfill my dream of putting an s52 in an e30.
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD
          1998 BMW Estoril Blue e36 M3/4/5 SOLD
          1987 BMW 325 (The Piece) SOLD
          1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

Comment

Yeah, I'm in the middle of getting my AA, trying to get into a flying program in my squadron, and I supported us entirely on my tiny little salary. This kicker is our daughter. That's the most shitty part. We've been together since I was 17 and have experienced a lot together in our time.

Luckily, I'm not going through a moving process. At least, not yet since it depends on how we settle custody.

Good luck dk! Change sucks, but we all adapt. You'll get back on track and realize it was a moment in life and not the worst thing ever.

WTB NorCal: Z4 shifter + misc. parts

Comment

Originally posted by Albuquerque30 View Post
              Yeah, I'm in the middle of getting my AA, trying to get into a flying program in my squadron, and I supported us entirely on my tiny little salary. This kicker is our daughter. That's the most shitty part. We've been together since I was 17 and have experienced a lot together in our time.

Luckily, I'm not going through a moving process. At least, not yet since it depends on how we settle custody.

Good luck dk! Change sucks, but we all adapt. You'll get back on track and realize it was a moment in life and not the worst thing ever.
              wow, I'm sorry man, that's a lot of things to sort out. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger though. Keep your head up.
              - 98 M3 Cabrio
              Photo work: http://www.herbreal.com
              Instagram: @herbreal
              Twitter:the_herb_real

Comment

Originally posted by cjdontthink View Post
                What is "funk"? haha

I just recently got out of a 4 and a 1/2 year relationship, started in high school and ended in college. It was pretty much going to happen.

No girlfriend= more $ for car

Not having a girlfriend is pretty much what allowed me to fulfill my dream of putting an s52 in an e30.
                Im going to put my s52 in you.

Comment

But sorry guys for all your troubles.

Comment

Originally posted by CabbE30 View Post
                    Im going to put my s52 in you.
                    Uh oh your 52mm'er?!
                    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD
                    1998 BMW Estoril Blue e36 M3/4/5 SOLD
                    1987 BMW 325 (The Piece) SOLD
                    1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

Comment

Well, you guys could be in my boat. I'm totally completely undateable for no apparent reason. I've never been lucky enough to stumble across anyone who was interested. Apparently women of the world aren't interested in a guy with an IQ of 122, who can fix most mechanical things, and is a decent person.

Sure, I have cool toys, but it would be kinda nice to experience what its like to have a significant other. All you guys who are bummed out should consider yourselves lucky that you can be in a relationship and therefor be broken up with. Sure it sucks, but never being picked to play sucks more. Sure, relationships sometimes don't last for whatever reason, always be glad you got to at least try. I've had the luxury of being rejected for 20+ years straight. I'm not looking for sympathy, just making a point.

Will
                      '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                      '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                      '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                      '88 BMW M3

Comment

Man fuck all of this bullshit. At least we aren't all starving in some god-forsaken impoverished rural nation.

We all live in Cali-fuckin-fornia. A place where everyone comes to meet.
                        We live near sprawling metropolises that are full of beautiful women & handsome men.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                        1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                        1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                        2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

I like turtles.
                          sigpic

Always chasin'

Comment

Originally posted by Albuquerque30 View Post
                            Change sucks, but we all adapt. You'll get back on track and realize it was a moment in life and not the worst thing ever.
                            Yeah, I didn't know you had a kid. That's lots of extra complication. Best of luck to you also.
                            past:
                            1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                            1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                            1985 323i baur
                            current:

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
                              Man fuck all of this bullshit. At least we aren't all starving in some god-forsaken impoverished rural nation.

We all live in Cali-fuckin-fornia. A place where everyone comes to meet.
                              We live near sprawling metropolises that are full of beautiful women & handsome men.
                              I think I'm going to look for one of those handsome men you speak of...

Originally posted by dk View Post
                              Yeah, I didn't know you had a kid. That's lots of extra complication. Best of luck to you also.
                              Thanks man. I appreciate it.

WTB NorCal: Z4 shifter + misc. parts

Comment

all done!

GOPR5241 by Eric Berger, on Flickr
                                Much wow
                                I hate 4 doors

Comment

Working...
                                X