X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
    thx man.
    Im feeling like the next 2 weekends are gonna be packed, for bimmerfest prep.
    Yeah, totally swamped trying to get ready for the trip.
    -Kalim

British Racing Green, IE Springs/Bilsteins, IE exhaust, IE SSK,
    Momo shift knob, Miller MAF conversion, K&N intake,
    Blackworks Aluminum Radiator, 5MT swapped,
    Ellipsoids w/DDM HIDs, OEM Recaro Sports, Momo Mod07 Wheel,
    Drilled+Slotted Rotors, Alpine HU/Amp/speakers, 12" enclosed sub

Comment

Originally posted by JinormusJ View Post
      The only engine that doesn't totally require BMW Blue coolant are the m20b27s and m10s. All other engines you can get away with using water wetter + distiller water. It won't do anything.

But blue is wicked sick, so I'm running genuine stuff
      Really? My m10 runs great on water water wetter and 2-4 cups of green coolant, I havent seen temps over the half way mark yet :D

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
        Whoops. Lol.
        It is good to see that thing out of the garage.
        Last edited by mbonanni; 05-01-2012, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
          Really? My m10 runs great on water water wetter and 2-4 cups of green coolant, I havent seen temps over the half way mark yet :D
          Its usually not about the cooling power, but more about what kind of damage the chemicals in certain coolants do to your gaskets, hoses, and seals.

M20B25s have no problem running green coolant, but m10s and b27s will eventually corrode over extended period of time because their materials are different than b25s

Comment

Its usually not about the cooling power, but more about what kind of damage the chemicals in certain coolants do to your gaskets, hoses, and seals.

M20B25s have no problem running green coolant, but m10s and b27s will eventually corrode over extended period of time because their materials are different than b25s
            hm strange.
            the m10 will be fine,
            280k and most of its life on the green stuff and it looks almost new in cooling passages,

b27 on the other hand looked horrible i will probably run water water wetter and the blue stuff in that.

Comment

for that m42 use only bmw coolant+ distilled, it is much less corrosive to the head. flush the block atleast once with 4gal of distilled water before adding the new coolant.

normal coolant is like $18/gal and bmw stuff is only $30/gal. for $12 more its very worth it
              Which coolant is $18? I've seen BMW for like 25 I think, and normal like prestone for under ten.

Originally posted by e30shmobberr View Post
              BMW coolant is engineered for bmw's

Plus it the cooling system, in my eyes don't cheap out lol
              Logic like that won't work with him. In his defense the car came with green and has 193xxx on it, so the engine may have had green most of it's life.
              The only engine that doesn't totally require BMW Blue coolant are the m20b27s and m10s. All other engines you can get away with using water wetter + distiller water. It won't do anything.

But blue is wicked sick, so I'm running genuine stuff
              So just water wetter and plain distilled water? No coolant necessary? Or like a cup of green antifreeze for the one night a year it'll go below 32? I could easily convince him to do that, especially if it's better than plain green.
              The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
              Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
              2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
              2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Ahh my eta has green-ish stuff in it... from the po in fact.

Does being upgraded to r134a or w.e have something to do with this?

Comment

Now that I think of it, it is more of a faded/dirty blue.

Comment

Originally posted by Vivek View Post
                    Which coolant is $18? I've seen BMW for like 25 I think, and normal like prestone for under ten.
                    that's the pre-diluted stuff and you need 3 of those usually. tell him to skip the 2 skinny decaf lattes and get the better coolant. or have him call me and ill explain it.
                    Much wow
                    I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by Vivek View Post
                      So just water wetter and plain distilled water? No coolant necessary? Or like a cup of green antifreeze for the one night a year it'll go below 32? I could easily convince him to do that, especially if it's better than plain green.
                      I took my green unmixed coolant and tossed it in the bucket, then I filled the empty coolant bottle with distilled water to the top and dumped that into the bucket as well. Pour into bottle and toss into coolant reservoir. Repeat as necessary.

It's fairly annoying trying to explain BMW quirks to non-BMW people.. Just put the awesome blue stuff nectar of the gods in and stop complaining. It's better to pay $25 up front than pay $400 when you bust a head gasket.. You could skimp out and buy the green stuff for $20, and it'll work, but you gotta ask yourself.. Is it worth risking it...?

Comment

that's the pre-diluted stuff and you need 3 of those usually. tell him to skip the 2 skinny decaf lattes and get the better coolant. or have him call me and ill explain it.
                        I'll try to go buy it with him.
                        I took my green unmixed coolant and tossed it in the bucket, then I filled the empty coolant bottle with distilled water to the top and dumped that into the bucket as well. Pour into bottle and toss into coolant reservoir. Repeat as necessary.

It's fairly annoying trying to explain BMW quirks to non-BMW people.. Just put the awesome blue stuff nectar of the gods in and stop complaining. It's better to pay $25 up front than pay $400 when you bust a head gasket.. You could skimp out and buy the green stuff for $20, and it'll work, but you gotta ask yourself.. Is it worth risking it...?
                        So 50/50 coolant/water? And if it'll erode the head gasket that's good enough for him to probably get the BMW stuff.
                        The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
                        Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
                        2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                        2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Hellz yeaaaa, brakes came in. I've been stockpiling a small stash :D
                          I lost my locking plates for the tierods tho :(

SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!
                          IG: ohthejosh

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
                          BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

Originally posted by ohthejosh View Post

Sweet! I might order some brake stuff tonight due to my sensor light going on.

Comment

Originally posted by ohthejosh View Post

I got parts lying under my bed like this ha.

rx7 bbk (new rotors, pads, and caliper rebuild kit), rear camber adjustment, e36 steering rack swap hardware, m3 style weld on sway bar mount, 21lbs injectors, 3.5 maf, dinan tune, euro cluster, euro check panel, gauge rings. with my recaro profi seat in my room as my hw seat haha.

Patrick - IG:niicknac
                              RIP 1987 BMW 325is - S50'd ZF 6-speed, flared, bagged

Comment

And parents always told us not to put stuff under our beds

Comment

Working...
                                X