• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think i did decent. but all my eggs arent in one basket. :P

Comment

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
      i think i did decent. but all my eggs arent in one basket. :P
      Damn I'm impressed... that you have a basket with some eggs in it.
      world renown Harry Potter expert
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by phreshkid View Post
        Damn I'm impressed... that you have a basket with some eggs in it.

since when havent you lived in norcal? :(

Comment

Cloth and leather door cards are soo much better than the all leather ones. Especially the ones I had.

Need to go junking to get me a nice knee bolster and some speaker kick panels. Maybe some OEM footwell speakuhz.
          SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!
          IG: ohthejosh

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
          BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post

since when havent you lived in norcal? :(
            Approximately 1.5 years now. Waves man. Waves. Don't regret it except that my girl lives in Berkeley and my projects are in Sacramento. Just another reason to head up north regularly I suppose.
            world renown Harry Potter expert
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by phreshkid View Post
              Approximately 1.5 years now. Waves man. Waves. Don't regret it except that my girl lives in Berkeley and my projects are in Sacramento. Just another reason to head up north regularly I suppose.

yeah whatsup with that e21 you had? selling parts off it? im interested in a diff and full oem exhaust.

Comment

Hey Spencer, what are the odds your thermostat is stuck? That could explain your overheating. If it doesn't open, you don't get the required water flow and you end up with a percolating engine. The temp gauge stays on the cool side because there isn't enough flow moving around.

Just a thought.

Will
                '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                '88 BMW M3

Comment

Hi guys!

need to shout out to pants, for picking up stock M3 wheels for me in Napa.
                  Much wow
                  I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
                    Hey Spencer, what are the odds your thermostat is stuck? That could explain your overheating. If it doesn't open, you don't get the required water flow and you end up with a percolating engine. The temp gauge stays on the cool side because there isn't enough flow moving around.

Just a thought.

Will
                    This could be possible, but I did replace the thermostat housing and thermostat during this whole project, it's either something to do with the sensors/wiring that go to the thermostat or I have an air leak somewhere up by my heater core, or I just suck all together and have another blown HG.

@eric thanks man, I just hope it all goes through! The seller seems cool and I told him I'm very interested and not to sell them to someone else.

Comment

ouch my coolant finally mixed w the oil! :( cars parked
                      Last edited by rob&e30; 03-20-2013, 09:14 AM.
                      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Follow my IG @bavarianstance

Comment

Originally posted by rob&e30 View Post
                        ouch my coolant finally fixed w the oil! :( cars parked
                        blew a HG?
                        Much wow
                        I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
                          blew a HG?
                          yeah I am pretty sure I did. Its been eating coolant the last 2-3 months....

Unless I have a crack in the head...But I don't think so. I plan to pull it as soon as the rain passes.... I need to swap the timing belt while I am at it and water pump not fun :(
                          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by rob&e30 View Post
                            yeah I am pretty sure I did. Its been eating coolant the last 2-3 months....

Unless I have a crack in the head...But I don't think so. I plan to pull it as soon as the rain passes.... I need to swap the timing belt while I am at it and water pump not fun :(
                            WP/TB is a 3.5h job. a HG is a 4 day job. asking me how many times i've changed that...
                            Much wow
                            I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
                              WP/TB is a 3.5h job. a HG is a 4 day job. asking me how many times i've changed that...

well according to all-data its 6.7hours for the HG, I can see 4 days if I have to send out the head lol.....

and how many times have you changed that? hehehe

Comment

bought the car with a leaky gasket.
                                replaced that with VR shit - never again. and i did a full engine rebuild.
                                that HG leaked, replaced that with BMW and ARP studs.
                                rings blew. replaced engine with 94k engine. found out after that was in that it's HG was blown, replaced that with BMW HG and bolts. no issue so far.

bought my dad's mtech2 with broken TB. replaced all of that.
                                doing a full rebuild on my wife's car.
                                did a HG on my Eta (first bmw)
                                Much wow
                                I hate 4 doors

Comment

Working...
                                X