This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YosemiteSam View Post
    I didn't have camber adjusters welded in, it was just reinforcement plates for the motor mounts and sway-bar tabs. Not sure what you mean by the second part there. It was about $110/hr but they weren't backlogged at all, I got my sub-frame back the next day. As for their quality of work, it was great. I'm extremely happy with the finished product.

Ahh , I thought you had the rear subframe done and added camber adjusters. You did the front. I get it now.

I was at Drake 3 days ago and the owner Marley told me it would be at least a week to have his guys tig weld 4 small tabs on my Blackworks radiator.

I said screw that and drilled and tapped instead. Came out decent but would have been pimp with them tigged. There under the black plastic hold down bracket so its not like they are too well seen when assembled anyway.

What Reinforcement tab kit did you go with? I may do this in the future as well.

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
      I really want to do this but will only be available to do so by Mid June.
      Any similar events taking place? I'm dying to get my car autocrossing or on a track.
      I might be doing another one or two later in the year at Sears Point. I don't know when however. Keep an eye on http://trackmasters-racing.com/ The Sears Point (Sonoma) events will be posted whenever its decided to do one of the Test and Tune days (We can't call them schools because Jim Russel racing gets mad at us.)

We will be doing regular autoXs at Marina once a month, just keep and eye on www.norcalufo.org for the dates. One of the hats I wear down there is that of an instructor (as well as photographer and tech guy.)

Will
      '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
      '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
      '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
      '88 BMW M3

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
        dori dori zomg!
        hur dur driftingggg!

Comment

Today's one of those days you realize life has its great days, and other days you just get crapped on.

Still a great life though; how are all y'alls Saturdays brewsters?

Comment

323i works after nate and i knocked out the timing belt! i forgot the pump gasket though, gotta tear it all apart again...
            cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
              323i works after nate and i knocked out the timing belt! i forgot the pump gasket though, gotta tear it all apart again...
              that blows!
              Much wow
              I hate 4 doors

Comment

Serious.. I remember having tO take apart my first timing belt change because I forgot one bolt on the TB tensioner. I drove it 50 miles, and, thank God, without incident. Woke up at 4AM before work to fix it.. LESSON LEARNED

Comment

Originally posted by e30vert View Post
                  Ahh , I thought you had the rear subframe done and added camber adjusters. You did the front. I get it now.

I was at Drake 3 days ago and the owner Marley told me it would be at least a week to have his guys tig weld 4 small tabs on my Blackworks radiator.

I said screw that and drilled and tapped instead. Came out decent but would have been pimp with them tigged. There under the black plastic hold down bracket so its not like they are too well seen when assembled anyway.

What Reinforcement tab kit did you go with? I may do this in the future as well.
                  Ah, I see. I used AKG plates. They were half off for their winter sale so I grabbed them. The plates fit well and they shipped fast so I was happy. I just wish BMW had designed a halfway decent subframe; did they really think mounting the swaybar to something that thin was a good idea?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                    Did that the first time I did a tb/wp. Soooooo pissed. It was a good reinforcement of how to do the job though.
                    sigpic

Always chasin'

Comment

It actually seems to have sealed with just gasket maker, but i will be redoing it right tomorrow. Front suspension is out, gonna chop and weld tomorrow, should be back together as should the rear. Leaving the manual swap for last...

Anyone have IE coilover top hats sitting around? The GCs i have are for regular strut mounts...
                      cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
                        I might be doing another one or two later in the year at Sears Point. I don't know when however. Keep an eye on http://trackmasters-racing.com/ The Sears Point (Sonoma) events will be posted whenever its decided to do one of the Test and Tune days (We can't call them schools because Jim Russel racing gets mad at us.)

We will be doing regular autoXs at Marina once a month, just keep and eye on www.norcalufo.org for the dates. One of the hats I wear down there is that of an instructor (as well as photographer and tech guy.)

Will
                        Hell yeah! I'll be at the first one that I can make.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                        1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                        1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                        2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Happy Easter Gays. Here is a dog with no neck for dat ass.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Damn hope I really get that job in Alameda...really wanna move back to the Bay this summer :D

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                            1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                            1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                            2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
                              Damn hope I really get that job in Alameda...really wanna move back to the Bay this summer :D
                              Do et! i need more pics of my vert. i have the rolling shot at my desk at work
                              Much wow
                              I hate 4 doors

Comment

Thanks cab I downloaded the e36 Manual online.

Comment

Working...
                                X