Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots of good news and happy feelings for me today.

1. Last AP test was today, senior year is pretty much done for me now
    2. My black car passed smog
    3. Speedy Oil change is giving me a free retest on the grey car and will be waving the pressure evap test because they do not have the right cap.

Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by mcr_driver View Post
      Ankles never heal back right anyways.

Or at the very least those who don't drink milk for strong bones.
      creatine helps too
      "I wanna see da boat movie"
      "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

I'm trying to buy a car and the seller is so fucking lazy it's annoying me. He won't spend 2 hours out of his day taking pics/video and then uploading them to me so weak. I have to pay for inspector now and he still won't respond with the vin# fuckety fuck fuck fuck

Comment

Originally posted by Thizzelle View Post
          I'm trying to buy a car and the seller is so fucking lazy it's annoying me. He won't spend 2 hours out of his day taking pics/video and then uploading them to me so weak. I have to pay for inspector now and he still won't respond with the vin# fuckety fuck fuck fuck
          Dayyumm

Comment

I think the Warriors have finally run out of fuel. Most of the starting lineup is injured, and the so called "best backcourt in the nba" has been rendered useless. Still, they are a back to within 8, with about the same amount of time on the clock as they made the comeback last game.

Time will tell.
            Will
            '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
            '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
            '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
            '88 BMW M3

Comment

Originally posted by oliver.r View Post
              health insurance is for the weak
              and calcium deficient!

Comment

I hate people who do that. Even if I don't particularly want to sell something, especially if it's nearly as expensive as a car, I always try to be prompt and helpful.
                The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
                Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
                2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by YosemiteSam View Post
                  I decided to just tighten up the oil pan bolts, and I am kind of glad I did. As I tightened one of them it just snapped. I wasn't even putting much torque on the bolt. I just used some RTV on that area, so hopefully that seals it well enough untill I can get the oil pan off and remove that bolt.
                  See what I mean? Very easy to over torque these bolts. There are quite a few of them so the odds go way up that one of them is gonna take it in the shorts. One snapped bolt is not too bad considering how many there are.

Take off the pan clean the mounting surface of the pan really really well! Use a razor knife scrapper and push it parallel to the mounting surface for the gasket. Do not twist the razor blade or razor blade knife as you dont want to score that mounting surface. You will find that parts of the oil pan gasket just peel off in entire sections just fine. Other parts will be stuck to the bottom of the oil pan mounting surface and harder to get off. I use Gasket Remover first which is a kind of liquid that is pretty viscose. I coat the gasket and it tends to penetrate under the gasket and make it a bit easier to get the hard parts of the gasket off.

Then clean and dry really well. Check the mounting surface with your finger to make sure its smooth. Dont run it on the edges as they can actually be pretty sharp.

Then once smooth. Add a few small dots of Super Blue Gasket maker to the corners of the gasket. Also add some to the rear surface where the inspection plate is as this is a suseptible area for leaks. Let it get a bit tacky and then push the gasket onto the mating surface. This will help hold the gasket so that you can get the pan up and positioned. Some people also use Crazy glue dots on the gasket to hold it for positioning.

Then get all bolts in and use a socket extention BY Hand to get them all snugged up at hand tightness. Then put the extension and socket on the socket wrench and start in one corner. Go slow and very easy!

I like to then alternate to the other corner and go with a criss cross aproach to tightening the bolts although you dont have to do it that way. Its not a cylinder head for god sake. I just prefer to do it that way to even things out wherever possible.

Good luck!

Comment

Some people like the "notion" of selling something better than actually selling it! They have not truly committed to selling this item as it shows by their actions.

One is left to wonder and become frustrated with this approach to selling something. Its one of those situations where you do have to "twist someones arm" to get them to sell it.

Comment

Warriors take a well deserved loss

Comment

Originally posted by e30vert View Post
                        Some people like the "notion" of selling something better than actually selling it! They have not truly committed to selling this item as it shows by their actions.

One is left to wonder and become frustrated with this approach to selling something. Its one of those situations where you do have to "twist someones arm" to get them to sell it.

that's what I'm think but I'm always like if your posting to sell then be committed and not half ass it otherwise take it down.
                        The only time a sale went smooth so far is with my M3 and that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
                          Travis-licious May27 u can borrow my drive way and crane to fix da shit
                          That would be great. I don't have the tools I'll need to get the bolt remnants out of the block. Also, you wouldn't hapen to have a spare oil pan bolt laying around, would you?
                          sigpic

Comment

Comment

whoa thats rigid.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                              1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                              1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                              2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

i need to get my e30 running. im becoming depressed.

Comment

Working...
                                X