Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have my "is" lip waiting for me to install it. Should I paint it brilliant red, to go with my car or just black? Also should get a splitter

Comment

Ok, so my Dad's new car needs the odometer gears replaced. I have done some looking around and I cannot figure out how to tell which odometer gears his car has. How do I tell if I need to get the VDO gears or the Motometer gears?

Edit: Just went out to take a look at my cluster and noticed that it says Motometer in the middle. I'm assuming that the VDO ones say VDO where mine says Motometer.
      Last edited by YosemiteSam; 06-15-2013, 04:31 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

Travis: http://store.garagistic.com/ocart/od...dometer-repair
        Much wow
        I hate 4 doors

Comment

Yes, that's where I ordered from, I also picked up the shifter bushings since his shifter is super slopy. It's his Father's Day present. My question was weather I needed the VDO gears or the Motometer gears. I think I answered my own question though.
          sigpic

Comment

ummmm u know his shift carrier is different right?
            Much wow
            I hate 4 doors

Comment

Different from the one they sell? I saw 325e in the compatibility and I assumed it would work. Oh well, I guess I'm getting a new shift carrier then.

Edit: What is the part number for the right part? I can't even find anything for a 325es on realoem and the part number for the 325e is the same as the one that garagistic shows.
              Last edited by YosemiteSam; 06-15-2013, 06:01 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Just broke my leg or something. Sweet.

Comment

[ATTACH]72755[/ATTACH]

Comment

How in the waffleswaffleswaffleswaffles did you do that?
                    sigpic

Always chasin'

Comment

hes living up to patrick's life last year
                      Much wow
                      I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by oliver.r View Post
                        called it
                        Reinforced it!

Comment

Originally posted by rob&e30 View Post
                          A huh! Whos got a spare?!?
                          Seems like its time for a Cargo Shorts romp through the local Pick and Pull.

cough cough gank one cough...

Ehem, uhhhh, well I mean I am sure you can find one somewhere....

Also if you tapped or rapped on the relay and the car starts and runs then possibly the spades that are on the bottom of the relay are just slightly corroded and not making good contact with the area that they plug into. Or internally the relay may be actually fubared.

Pull the relay and inspect for corrosion. Spray some Contact cleaner on the spades and the area where they plug into. Contact cleaner has an evaporative solvent that will clean light corrosion.
                          Light dialectric grease on each of the spades when plugged back in would not hurt things either. It will help inhibit corrosion build up.

If you dont have contact cleaner I have a bottle and you can use a few squirts of mine. :) Hmm that sounds odd
                          Last edited by e30vert; 06-15-2013, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
                            [ATTACH]72755[/ATTACH]
                            Skater break right there huh? That break is narrrr. Trying to assimilate with the skater talk bro.

Wow , you seem like you need to rewind 2013 and start all over! Only 6 months in and lots to deal with.
                            Last edited by e30vert; 06-15-2013, 11:03 PM.

Comment

So much pain at night.

Comment

Originally posted by RUFFLZ
                                spray all trim on your car black.
                                so front lip, rear spoiler, rocker panels, and all bumper trim.
                                your cholo is gonna look smackin
                                Let me "borrow" your black SEM trim spraycan

Comment

Working...
                                X