Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just heard this repetitive slamming noise across from my place here in the Bay. Went outside to investigate . Saw how stupid we as humans can be. Tow truck driver repeatedly slamming rear trunk of some Toyota 5hitbox while woman driver held the trunk lever engaged. I started counting slams at that point. Got to 27 ! That is after I heard about 15 before that.

Uhhhh if the trunk does not engage slamming it so the rear of the aluminum can if a car bottoms out wont fix it. Then the big fix was retrieved from the tow truck drivers rig. A 2 1/2 foot section of thin rope .

I think I will name this process "rope the dope"

If it were me I think I would pay the tow driver to not slam my trunk lid with such ferocity as I am more than capable of dimpling my own trunk lid . Be safe from random dumb ass tow truck drivers people

Comment

bruce, put foam tape on the interior of your car. the windscreen will wear a hole in the places it touches.
      Much wow
      I hate 4 doors

Comment

Good thought! It's already got some padding in the area where it tucks under the rear top cover . I originally thought you meant foam tape the rear panels in the vert. Then had a lightbulb moment and realized that you mean to run a strip of the self adhesive foam tape on the edges of the windscreen itself and not on the panels within the car. I'm going to see if I can find some thin strips that will not add too much width. Great idea !!!

Comment

Originally posted by e30vert View Post
          Just heard this repetitive slamming noise across from my place here in the Bay. Went outside to investigate . Saw how stupid we as humans can be. Tow truck driver repeatedly slamming rear trunk of some Toyota 5hitbox while woman driver held the trunk lever engaged. I started counting slams at that point. Got to 27 ! That is after I heard about 15 before that.

Uhhhh if the trunk does not engage slamming it so the rear of the aluminum can if a car bottoms out wont fix it. Then the big fix was retrieved from the tow truck drivers rig. A 2 1/2 foot section of thin rope .

I think I will name this process "rope the dope"

If it were me I think I would pay the tow driver to not slam my trunk lid with such ferocity as I am more than capable of dimpling my own trunk lid . Be safe from random dumb ass tow truck drivers people
          Tow truck drivers aren't always the brightest bulbs in the string. I learned that the hard way with my Alfa. The guy tried to pull it forward through a ditch that was above the front of the car (what do you think is going to give first, the car, the cable or the bank?) The car gave first as the front cross member tore away from the body followed closely by the tow cable that nearly took the guys head off. This was after I said pull it out from the rear, in the opposite direction it went in. He told me I didn't know what I was talking about and that he was the professional When the next guy came out, he looked at the first guy and called him a dumb ass. They decided pulling it out from the back was the way to go so the next thing they did was spear the fuel tank with the tow hook spilling 10 gallons of fuel everywhere. All a friend and I could do is stand there and shake our heads. Nice work Geniuses.:roll:

Will
          '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
          '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
          '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
          '88 BMW M3

Comment

I'm headed down to Los Angeles this weekend . Can bring back items if needed .

Comment

Originally posted by oliver.r View Post
              I kinda want your seats carey
              Holla at yer boy.
              IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
                Do any of you guys play tennis. It's sick.
                Me and my friend started playing right before school ended and have gotten so many chicks' phone numbers.
                I wanted to go to my local tennis/gym club today but it was raining.
                Now the rain has stopped, and I want to play.

But honestly, i was never big on the sport, but it's all so cool to me now.
                I watched the roland garros last month and suddenly have fallen in love with tennis.
                I need moar tennis buddies.

This is play! Not very good at it but I can volley okay. I haven't played in a few weeks though lol
                - 98 M3 Cabrio
                Photo work: http://www.herbreal.com
                Instagram: @herbreal
                Twitter:the_herb_real

Comment

what is up
                  cars beep boop

Comment

Drove s52 swapped e30 with open manifolds to exhaust shop yesterday AM. Was crazy.
                    IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Just saw "this is the end" freaking hilarious, a must watch for sure

Comment

Originally posted by e30vert View Post
                        I'm headed down to Los Angeles this weekend . Can bring back items if needed .

taking the truck? Maybe!
                        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Follow my IG @bavarianstance

Comment

Does anyone have any tips on taking off the 32 mm nut on the radiator fan? Do you really need a bicycle wrench or can you use a regular 32mm wrench?

Feedback!
                          Custom Cup Holder Consoles!
                          Calypso Story--S50/Shaved and Tucked Bay

Comment

Originally posted by Steven View Post
                            Does anyone have any tips on taking off the 32 mm nut on the radiator fan? Do you really need a bicycle wrench or can you use a regular 32mm wrench?

I have a fan-clutch tool?!?
                            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

buys I need wheels.... Ether bottle caps or even better basket's would rock!

Comment

regular wrench works
                                "I wanna see da boat movie"
                                "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

Working...
                                X