This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by golde30 View Post
    its toe issue for sure. ask me how i know...
    I have to agree, toe will eat tires like they are donuts. Usually toe out combined with excessive camber, both are what you get when you lower the car (not to mention screwed up suspension geometry.) There is a reason I've been trying to raise my car with the H&R race springs. Less body roll, more grip, less tire wear, more resistant to bottoming the suspension (with a subterranean roll center, the spring rate tends to become more of a falling rate, the more it compresses, the less spring rate it acts like it has.) Less camber loss, more useable caster as well. I just wish it were easier to raise the rear end.

Will
    '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
    '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
    '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
    '88 BMW M3

Comment

Originally posted by rob&e30 View Post
      needs more pots!
      Home Depot is a good place for those. You can get soil there too...

Feedback!
      Custom Cup Holder Consoles!
      Calypso Story--S50/Shaved and Tucked Bay

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
        I have to agree, toe will eat tires like they are donuts. Usually toe out combined with excessive camber, both are what you get when you lower the car (not to mention screwed up suspension geometry.) There is a reason I've been trying to raise my car with the H&R race springs. Less body roll, more grip, less tire wear, more resistant to bottoming the suspension (with a subterranean roll center, the spring rate tends to become more of a falling rate, the more it compresses, the less spring rate it acts like it has.) Less camber loss, more useable caster as well. I just wish it were easier to raise the rear end.

Will
        what suspension are you on now?
        IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
          No good tires come in that size. T1Rs did/do but that is all I have seen, and frankly they are mediocre tires.

Edit: just checked and the R1R comes in that size. So one decent tire does.
          yeah, it's been a while since i looked but i think that's the option i was recalling.
          past:
          1989 325is (learner shitbox)
          1986 325e (turbo dorito)
          1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
          1985 323i baur
          current:
          1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

thinkin about scrapping my e34 touring project, partout thread above^

Comment

Anybody going to the CCA autocross at the Marina?

Comment

Originally posted by PorscheH6 View Post
                i would if it wasnt so darn far away. i used to go
                Much wow
                I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post

Will
                  I have J-stock setup with kmac stage 1 & ST sways. No issues here. It rocks the fat ass
                  "I wanna see da boat movie"
                  "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

My friend wants to get into NASA with a E30. anyone do this before? I'd be his engineer/tech guru or just build one myself and race his bitch ass.
                    "I wanna see da boat movie"
                    "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

Originally posted by golde30 View Post
                      what suspension are you on now?
                      Shortened TC-Klein Koni Sports, H&R race springs with Ground Control race adjustable camber/caster plates. The front end has a pair of inch tall spacers that fit on top of the camber plates to raise the front end to get the roll center closer to correct, its still too low(it could use another 1/4 inch) but I don't feel like spending another $150 for a new set of spacers to be made. On the rear I'm trying to get the ride height back using taller/thicker spring pads. Honestly I don't give a rats ass about the car's stance, I want performance above all else.

In the front its the camber plates that are the biggest issue. They are nearly 3/4 of an inch shorter than the stock ones. This causes them to contact the spring hats with the mounting bolt heads. With a small washer being used as a spacer it buys just enough clearance to not contact the hats, but it also causes the mounting nuts for the struts to not fully seat. All the adjustable camber and caster plates on the market are the same height, meaning every one of them is poorly designed. If I wanted one that was just adjustable camber, different story, but to get both, you get a screw up product that needs to be re-engineered. If I were to run the so called coil overs, they would still be too low since the ride height is determined by the length of the strut damper, unless that can move up as well (and it can't because its got a gland nut holding it in place) you can't get back to the correct roll center. Now, if I felt like dropping $10K on suspension, this might be solvable, but I've got better things to waste $10K on. As far as the plates go, its a simple fix, just make the plates taller, like the same height as the sock ones.

In the rear I could get the small diameter spring adjusters, but then I'd have to buy new rear springs as well. I might go this route but I'd rather just use what I have.

Will
                      '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                      '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                      '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                      '88 BMW M3

Comment

Want to trade front struts? I'm on billy sports with H&R race and spec e30 GC camber caster plates. I want to get lower in front. Hardware all has less than 6k miles on them...

Comment

Originally posted by Thizzelle View Post
                          I have J-stock setup with kmac stage 1 & ST sways. No issues here. It rocks the fat ass
                          how bad is the ride?
                          i was thinking about getting those and re-valved konis
                          also how tall is the ride height compared to HR race?
                          Much wow
                          I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by PorscheH6 View Post
                            In two weeks? Probably.
                            2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                            95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                            98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Thizzelle View Post
                              My friend wants to get into NASA with a E30. anyone do this before? I'd be his engineer/tech guru or just build one myself and race his bitch ass.
                              What class/group is he looking to run in? GTS? SpecE30? TT?
                              2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                              95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                              98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                                In two weeks? Probably.
                                +1 I'm a maybe. Depends on how much work I can get done on the E36M.
                                -Kalim

British Racing Green, IE Springs/Bilsteins, IE exhaust, IE SSK,
                                Momo shift knob, Miller MAF conversion, K&N intake,
                                Blackworks Aluminum Radiator, 5MT swapped,
                                Ellipsoids w/DDM HIDs, OEM Recaro Sports, Momo Mod07 Wheel,
                                Drilled+Slotted Rotors, Alpine HU/Amp/speakers, 12" enclosed sub

Comment

Working...
                                X