This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
    they leak at the tensioner, front cover/ profile gaskets, valve cover and and of course it's an auto so all that crap leaks and the PS leaks and the oil filter housing. but hell your are a bmw genius so u know all this already.
    Thanks, I'll start going down the list I guess. The only BMWs I know a lot about are old :[

Originally posted by oliver.r View Post
    why didn't you just buy a clean one right off the bat?
    Beginning to wonder that as well.
    cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
      Beginning to wonder that as well.
      Self-hatred or you hate spending free time with real people
      Much wow
      I hate 4 doors

Comment

I mean, I like working on it, it's just kinda beat. I'm having fun putting it right, but should probably have picked a better example to start with.
        cars beep boop

Comment

no adjustment needed on my 'E' valves after 100k miles, good Germans.
          "I wanna see da boat movie"
          "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

I mean, I like working on it, it's just kinda beat. I'm having fun putting it right, but should probably have picked a better example to start with.
            That was kinda how I felt about the $4k M3 I drove. At this age they will all need some work unless you find something im-fucking-macculate, so best to start with an $8k+ car. I wound up passing on the $4k car even though I liked it.

At least this S52 purrs real nice and the PO had his priorities straight with a cool guy CF Dinan intake instead of basic maintenance.

Comment

The front pads were down to 2mm, giant lips on the rotors. Lux console trim looks like a rodent's been at it. I won't even describe the nastiness that was under the seats when I pulled them.

Sweet german-flag blacked-out trunk badge, though.

It can only get better at this point, so that's good.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
              im-fucking-macculate
              you can't just stick fucking anywhere! word rapist!
              cars beep boop

Comment

Bay area ppl. does anyone have a clean Zinno trunk lid for sale? i have a friend with a vert looking to delete that dumb 3rd brake light
                Much wow
                I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
                  Bay area ppl. does anyone have a clean Zinno trunk lid for sale? i have a friend with a vert looking to delete that dumb 3rd brake light
                  contact Bo,

e30partsguy@yahoo.com

I recall he swapped traded a non-spoiler version for a spoiler version from a client.

Comment

Anyone have calypso vert body panels/couple hood or trunk?

Feedback!
                    Custom Cup Holder Consoles!
                    Calypso Story--S50/Shaved and Tucked Bay

Comment

you can't just stick fucking anywhere! word rapist!
                      that word was asking for it

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
                        Drifting is fun, though I think the style and "lifestyle" are lame as hell. If you want to do it at an autox, don't hit too many cones and if you spin out more than once, just drive normally for the rest of the run so as not to waste everyone's time.

I have seen a few amateur "drift" cars that I thought were pretty nice, but most are beat to shit. Autox cars, on the other hand... Lots of really nice ones.

Im agreeing with all of you here. I do believe auto-x would in fact be fun. Something about wanting to spin the tires and place it wherever i want seems amazing. I can clutch kick and slide it out here and there but controlling a drift would be sweet. As well every "drift car" i have ever seen was rough on the eyes inside and out.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
                          Sure there is, its called autocrossing, only there you learn how to drive and not hit things.

I honestly don't know why anyone would want to go drifting unless they had way more $ than sense......
                          I respect the skill of doing it right and not hitting things. The trouble is, you need very deep pockets and no emotional attachment to all the cars you will destroy in learning how to do it well.

Will
                          Yeah man I hear you there I really would like to check out the auto cross events at Oakland Co one of these days. Seems like a pretty solid turnout and a lot of fun.

Comment

Originally posted by JNasti View Post
                            Yeah man I hear you there I really would like to check out the auto cross events at Oakland Co one of these days. Seems like a pretty solid turnout and a lot of fun.
                            November 23 we are doing an autoX test and tune/school at Sears Point. Yosemite Sam ran the last one and had a lot of fun even in the rain we had in the morning. If you want to come out and try it, this is a great place to do so as we have a few instructors who are willing to both ride along with you, and or have you ride along with them. Its lots of seat time. We usually have a few E30s running. Possibly a chance to have 2 E30 M3s at the next one. (I will likely have mine out and another from Sacramento might come over) Heck last year for this event we were running in the dark for the last sessions. It also started to rain bringing a while new dimension to the event.
                            Here are a few pics from that event.

Here is the info and where to sign up.

Will
                            Last edited by BlackbirdM3; 10-21-2013, 04:57 PM.
                            '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                            '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                            '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                            '88 BMW M3

Comment

will how much is the driving fee for that event on the 23rd?

Comment

anyone seen this? Seems like a god deal if everything checks out

Comment

Working...
                                X