• Time
  • Show
Clear All

NOR-CAL General Chat.

Originally posted by decay View Post
    who cares?
    Oh shiiii
    He went there

So Oliver is a chubby chaser...? Chubby on both ends?

Comment

Originally posted by Steven View Post
      It's tits expensive. Luckly I have my parents to help me fund it until I can pay them back. It's like $250 a lesson half ground school half flying for 3 hours. You can expect to need 80 flying hours to get your license. I need approximately 40-50 more hours after I solo to wrap this up.
      if you are proficient enough u can get ur private in ~45 hrs taking breaks cost money and time i am a CFI MEI CFII if you want help for like free ground or whatever we can work out a trade
      also I recommend going to SJSU, you will be local, can work at nasa, or SJC, its good networking

Also, not that you will listen ( I never did) but aviation is pretty much the lowest cost to benefit ratio job there is, one day when u get older u will want a family and u will want to be around them flying trips and missing ur cat, kid , wife, gf or whatever SUCKS...really bad, yes flying is really awesome, and there are MOMENTS when i cant believe I get paid to do it, but its not much and the sacrifices are high thing about flying like owning a 850ci :-)
      Last edited by bastianshaw; 11-09-2013, 02:54 PM.

Comment

I can't remember, is the smaller version of the Mtech I steering wheel worth more or is it the larger one?
        sigpic

Comment

Smaller
          370mm wheels are more compact and thus give an illusion of a tighter steering "feel". People still like them because they were much more rare than the original 385mm MTech wheel

Comment

Thanks, that's what I thought but I wanted to be sure.
            sigpic

Comment

Anyone have an extra pair of torx bolts for front plastic bumper?
              Didn't know you can't interchange the bolts with hex.

Comment

Originally posted by blacksteel View Post
                Picked up a 260 getrag to swap out in my ride..what should/could I do to it before I put it in that would be beneficial or just good maintenance before I put it in.?
                Oh..and anybody got any suspension pieces for sale?
                bump:roll:

Comment

bump:roll:
                  Read:

'91 Laguna vert
                  '89 Bronzit 325i
                  '87 Royal Blau 325 Four door

Comment

Originally posted by bastianshaw View Post
                    if you are proficient enough u can get ur private in ~45 hrs taking breaks cost money and time i am a CFI MEI CFII if you want help for like free ground or whatever we can work out a trade
                    also I recommend going to SJSU, you will be local, can work at nasa, or SJC, its good networking
                    SJSU is one of my choices, but after looking at riddle it's really hard to make a decision. And yes you can do it in 45 hours but te question is have you done it right or are you really comfortable flying? I'm soloing tomorrow, and at 20 hours. I didn't feel comfortable soloing before this, because without perfecting slow flight and on/off stalls yet, I didn't feel ready to solo. Also slow flight helped me tremendously with approach... Well... So did the two hours of take off and landings that we did... lol where did you get your certificates? Who do you fly for?

Feedback!
                    Custom Cup Holder Consoles!
                    Calypso Story--S50/Shaved and Tucked Bay

Comment

Originally posted by Steven View Post
                      SJSU is one of my choices, but after looking at riddle it's really hard to make a decision. And yes you can do it in 45 hours but te question is have you done it right or are you really comfortable flying? I'm soloing tomorrow, and at 20 hours. I didn't feel comfortable soloing before this, because without perfecting slow flight and on/off stalls yet, I didn't feel ready to solo. Also slow flight helped me tremendously with approach... Well... So did the two hours of take off and landings that we did... lol where did you get your certificates? Who do you fly for?
                      I went to ATP after getting my private working the line and paying cash. I fly traffic watch for KCBS and I work @NASA

Comment

does anyone have late model front blinkers for sale? i need them asap!
                        Much wow
                        I hate 4 doors

Comment

NOR-CAL General Chat.

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
                          Buckets + Bulbs and Plastic Cover?

If so, I'm in SoCal picking up parts to fix my car. I can ask my parts guy if he has anything. How much are you looking to get em for?

Originally posted by Eydreeyun View Post
                          Anyone have an extra pair of torx bolts for front plastic bumper?
                          Didn't know you can't interchange the bolts with hex.
                          There are multiple sets of torx bolts on a late model bumper. You'll have to be more specific than that to get decent help.

Are we talking the super-bolt that holds the bumper in place? Reinforcement mounts? Reinforcement studs? Valence Fasteners?

Does anyone know of a good fender roller guy in Sac area? Thinking about painting the car, and while I'm not low and poking enough to warrant a roll, I'd like to get all 4 corners rolled just in case bondo/paint cracks so we can address any problems before she gets a much deserved professional respray.
                          Last edited by JinormusJ; 11-10-2013, 02:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
                            i have a plastic bumper rotting away in my gayrage.

Comment

NOR-CAL General Chat.

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
                              i have a plastic bumper rotting away in my gayrage.
                              What color?

Comment

Originally posted by One_Eyed Jack View Post
                                What color?
                                Originally brillantrot or zinno but some schmuck painted them black.

Comment

Working...
                                X