Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2006 m5? Nice ride, but VERY costly to maintain. My friend bought one for $25k and wouldn't stop talking about rims and other mods, I told him to save his money for upkeep. Luckily he listened, first year maintenance cost = $10k...
    IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Hey guys, two questions. One: my AC condenser kinda bulges in and makes my radiator not fit right. Can I remove it and keep the fan because secondly, will the aux fan be enough to cool the engine? I'm deleting AC because I never use it, and if I could just press the AC button to turn on the fan that'd be cool.
      The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
      Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
      2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
      2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

im bored. i wish it was the 27th already.

Comment

Originally posted by Vivek View Post
          Hey guys, two questions. One: my AC condenser kinda bulges in and makes my radiator not fit right. Can I remove it and keep the fan because secondly, will the aux fan be enough to cool the engine? I'm deleting AC because I never use it, and if I could just press the AC button to turn on the fan that'd be cool.
          This is what I did with my old swap car.

I ended up using a much larger aux fan from an older 750li (it had more fins, pushing more air) at the junk yard. If I recall correctly, it was a multi speed fan which was plug n play once you swap two wires around (something about changing the direction of the blade spinning iirc). Worked perfectly. I think I also went with a lower temp thermostat, lower temp switch (in the radiator) with Water Wetter. The temp say at 1/2 nicely.

There should be a write up online.
          world renown Harry Potter expert
          sigpic

Comment

Sup bruhs

Comment

Originally posted by One_Eyed Jack View Post
              Sup bruhs
              chillin at home. you bruh?

Comment

Originally posted by Vivek View Post
                that's what i did (i think i told you about this previously).

find a similar-sized pusher fan from a FWD Volvo at PnP and wire it into the aux fan circuit. you'll need a higher-rated fuse. also get the E36 temp switch and swap that in. it'll come on automatically when the engine gets warm enough.

then ditch the fan shroud and clutch fan from the back of the radiator and enjoy easy access to the front of the engine:

past:
                1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                1985 323i baur
                current:
                1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
                  im bored. i wish it was the 27th already.
                  what happens then?
                  Much wow
                  I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
                    what happens then?

I drop my car off with you!

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
                      nice huge car. that's a ton of power. not gonna lie, im jelly
                      thanks. Its definitely a fun car.

Originally posted by golde30 View Post
                      2006 m5? Nice ride, but VERY costly to maintain. My friend bought one for $25k and wouldn't stop talking about rims and other mods, I told him to save his money for upkeep. Luckily he listened, first year maintenance cost = $10k...
                      yea I think I'm going to leave this one pretty much stock. I'm on the fence about selling my e30 but I might just keep it for a dd to keep maintenance down on the m5.

Comment

Can someone go pickup the 328 driveshaft for me at pnp? I'd be very gratefullllllll

Feedback!
                        Custom Cup Holder Consoles!
                        Calypso Story--S50/Shaved and Tucked Bay

Comment

Does anyone know a good shop in the east bay to take my e30 to get a timing belt replaced? I dont have any of the main tools needed or experience doing this so i dont wanna try doing this myself and plus I dont have a garage or driveway to even attempt such a task.

Or anyone on here wanna show me how its done? throw me a price for your labor, I also need to change out both seals and replace my engine mounts I will provide all the parts.

I got quoted 500 labor for everything which i think is reasonable but wanna see if theres other shops or people that can do it for less.

The shop that quoted me was Eddies German Auto anyone take their car to them before?

Comment

Originally posted by Freakshow View Post
                            Does anyone know a good shop in the east bay to take my e30 to get a timing belt replaced? I dont have any of the main tools needed or experience doing this so i dont wanna try doing this myself and plus I dont have a garage or driveway to even attempt such a task.

Or anyone on here wanna show me how its done? throw me a price for your labor, I also need to change out both seals and replace my engine mounts I will provide all the parts.

I got quoted 500 labor for everything which i think is reasonable but wanna see if theres other shops or people that can do it for less.

The shop that quoted me was Eddies German Auto anyone take their car to them before?

I am very familiar with Eddie's German. I am close friends with them. They know their stuff and work really clean. I refer them to everyone I know.

Comment

Twas' a party at PnP today.
                              On another note, anyone have any diagrams for the wiring on a x50?

Feedback!
                              Custom Cup Holder Consoles!
                              Calypso Story--S50/Shaved and Tucked Bay

Comment

Originally posted by series88 View Post
                                I am very familiar with Eddie's German. I am close friends with them. They know their stuff and work really clean. I refer them to everyone I know.
                                Thanks thats really good to hear. Any chance i could get some type of discount if i tell them i got referred by you? 500 doesnt sound too bad going to see if i could get a few other things done if possible.
                                Last edited by Freakshow; 01-12-2014, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X