Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

okay. Cam and Crank sensor are good. still getting no fuel or spark.. whaaaaa

Feedback!
    Custom Cup Holder Consoles!
    Calypso Story--S50/Shaved and Tucked Bay

Comment

Originally posted by Thizzelle View Post
      someone will probably have a shittier car so don't worry

Yeah I'm bringing the tractor.

Comment

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
        Yeah I'm bringing the tractor.
        I guess Ill take the 323i, Ill try and swap the seats in tonight to give it a bit more sex appeal LOL
        SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!
        IG: ohthejosh

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
        BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

Is anyone willing to come over to my house with their x50 car and let me test a few things? DME/CPS?

I really want to get to marina, and this is a last ditch to do so...

Feedback!

Comment

M5 is going to be on jack stands for a little while. Also going back to t-stars

Comment

I love those wheels so much. Someday I will be a wheel whore.
              sigpic

Comment

Okay, I realized that the main relay I had in there was a four prong not a five prong, alright, stupid me. Now I'm getting power to the red/white wire, but it's constant without the key even in. Meaning that even when the key isn't in, the ICV and everything else is getting power and running...

Feedback!

Comment

Okay just in case anyone can help me I'll put this up: changed out the relay and everything is good now with that. Just on start, I'm getting no power to the green/violet color wire (fuel pump) and I'm also getting no spark..

Feedback!

Comment

is green violet coming from relay? if so... then might be bad relay. Spark should be separate from fuel pump right? I think..... meaning should be getting spark without fuel pump
                    "I wanna see da boat movie"
                    "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

Plans changed. I won't be able to make it to the Marina Meet tomorrow.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RCM3 View Post
                        On 880, hit some road debris. 30 feet of steel cable got wrapped around my wheels at freeway speed. Drove the front passenger side wheel into the fender, ripped it off the control arm, and you can see in the pic it pushed the fender well up so the hood cant even stay shut anymore. Also, when the cable tightened down and ran out of slack, my roof buckled, probably from the force of the cable stopping my car at 65mph. Hoping for the best from AAA tomorrow... Hoping to salvage the M Tech II kit and the e30 M3 front strut housings (and all the GC suspension stuff). One BBS wheel is destroyed, hopefully the other 3 made it, shredded the tires up though.

Anyone have experience with insurance and this type of thing? Unavoidable road debris from some asshole with an unsecured load of scrap metal? (There was scrap metal all over, I hit more than just the steel cable also). Car is totaled, I have 5 figures into this 1988 325iS and so many hours, countless. Looks like it falls under comprehensive since it wasnt an at fault collision type accident. Just wondering how to proceed if anyone has any insight. Thanks

I was too upset to dig into what is salvageable tonight, I snapped some photos at the scene and thats it for now. You can see the cable in the pic after we got it untangled, and you can see how my fender and door are tweaked.
                        This sucks - be sure to say whatever you hit was moving and unavoidable. If it is stationary, it is avoidable and you would be at fault. Even if a two ton block of concrete falls off a truck and lands in front of you, if it stopped moving before you hit it, you would be at fault.

Don't say it was at rest in any way shape or form. If you can't ID the truck, I hope your deductible is low and you have good coverage. Don't sign anything until you are happy. Worst case, lawyer up.
                        1971 2002 -- 1975 525 -- 1987 535is -- 2002 M5 -- 2006 x3 msport 6mt

Comment

^good advice ryan

Comment

Originally posted by toddness View Post
                            This sucks - be sure to say whatever you hit was moving and unavoidable. If it is stationary, it is avoidable and you would be at fault. Even if a two ton block of concrete falls off a truck and lands in front of you, if it stopped moving before you hit it, you would be at fault.

Don't say it was at rest in any way shape or form. If you can't ID the truck, I hope your deductible is low and you have good coverage. Don't sign anything until you are happy. Worst case, lawyer up.
                            Thanks man, and honestly things were on the move, debris was scattering all over in front of me. Completely unavoidable and I wouldn't have tried an evasive maneuver with such little time to react, would have ended up worse off. I did not get any identification from the vehicle that it came off of.

Thanks for the info, Ill be sure to emphasize the debris as mobile and unavoidable.
                            -Ryan
                            05/87 Henna M3
                            04/71 Baikal 2002tii

Comment

up n at em.

riding dirty, no time for a car wash, or bushings for the exhaust bracket.

Comment

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
                                FIXED

up n at em.

riding dirty, no time to shit, shower and shine
                                1971 2002 -- 1975 525 -- 1987 535is -- 2002 M5 -- 2006 x3 msport 6mt

Comment

Working...
                                X