This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
    $500? Dude, if you need space to work, just let us know. Dmitriy and I at the very least have space for e30 work, I'm sure there's more on here.
    genuinely appreciate the offer, but you're southbay and Dmitriy is peninsula, and the car wasn't in shape to limp to either.

they're charging for 4 hours of shop time @ $95/per plus parts. just one of those times you gotta do.

@corey: yeah, one mount had the bolt stripped, one had the bolt broken and lost both of the spacers that go on top/bottom, and one mount arm broke off at the block. amazing how SF has all this tech money coming in and can't maintain even half-decent roads...
    past:
    1989 325is (learner shitbox)
    1986 325e (turbo dorito)
    1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
    1985 323i baur
    current:
    1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
      genuinely appreciate the offer, but you're southbay and Dmitriy is peninsula, and the car wasn't in shape to limp to either.

they're charging for 4 hours of shop time @ $95/per plus parts. just one of those times you gotta do.

@corey: yeah, one mount had the bolt stripped, one had the bolt broken and lost both of the spacers that go on top/bottom, and one mount arm broke off at the block. amazing how SF has all this tech money coming in and can't maintain even half-decent roads...
      Do you not have AAA?

I've never taken my car to a shop... I think I'd have a heart attack. And so would they.

Comment

Originally posted by golde30 View Post
        You guys keep saying Z3 rack, but which model z3 are you running? Only the z3 1.9L had the 2.7T ratio steering rack.
        All non m z3 is the same 2.7 lock lock rack.

1.9, "2.3", 2.5, 3.0 z3

Z3m s52 and s52 got the same rack as e36m 3.2 cars.

I put a 2002 z3 3.0 rack in my 97m3; it was notably shorter ratio but not as short as the z4 that went into the race e30.

The e46m rack into my current 98m3 is better for dd use than the z3 rack .

Do you not have AAA?

I've never taken my car to a shop... I think I'd have a heart attack. And so would they.

First thing to buy after bmw purchase if you don't already have it: AAA.
        Last edited by Wanganstyle; 02-14-2014, 06:33 PM.
        OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Originally posted by Wanganstyle View Post
          All non m z3 is the same 2.7 lock lock rack.

1.9, "2.3", 2.5, 3.0 z3

Z3m s52 and s52 got the same rack as e36m 3.2 cars.
          Truf

First thing to buy after bmw purchase if you don't already have it: AAA.
          Also truf. Get the ~$100 "deluxe" version or whatever that includes 100 mile tows.

Comment

Do you not have AAA?
            didn't need a tow- that is just the repair bill. but yeah, you're both right, i should. i still have it in the back of my mind to buy that caged shell from Santa Rosa and swap everything over to it.

ugh, you have no idea. they looked at the broken Vorshlag mounts and were like "what in the hell are these things?"

it was a battle just to get them to order E28 M5 mounts to replace them, rather than the POS standard M42 hydraulics. had to get on their computer and print out threads from e30tech and m42club so i could show them "yes, this will work... just do it."

it's okay. soon i'll be living in a warehouse with shop space where rent is $700 less a month and i can turn wrenches and blast my anthems-of-the-robot-holocaust music. yanno, life as it should be.
            past:
            1986 325e (turbo dorito)
            1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
            1985 323i baur
            current:

Comment

i just have full coverage with state farm and they reimburse me for anything.

tows, lock smith, windshield replacement, car damage, basically anything besides routine maintenance and my cars being broken haha.

Comment

You guys are boring.

Feedback!
                Custom Cup Holder Consoles!
                Calypso Story--S50/Shaved and Tucked Bay

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
                  it's okay. soon i'll be living in a warehouse with shop space where rent is $700 less a month and i can turn wrenches and blast my anthems-of-the-robot-holocaust music. yanno, life as it should be.

niiiice

also hello from tahoe. i wish it would snow. the e30 will be having progress really soon.
                  cars beep boop

Comment

I am currently negotiating a lease on a warehouse in SF. Looking for 1 or 2 people to share the space with. Let me know if any of you guys local to me are interested.
                    IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

I am currently negotiating a lease on a warehouse in SF. Looking for 1 or 2 people to share the space with. Let me know if any of you guys local to me are interested.
                      what's the use case? live/work, or just shop space?
                      past:
                      1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                      1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                      1985 323i baur
                      current:

Comment

Shop space. I wish it had living quarters, I could swing the rent myself if that were the case. This is going to be a shared workspace, room for 6 cars total. Going to install a lift as soon as I find a good deal on one.
                        IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Gotcha. Good luck, man.
                          past:
                          1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                          1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                          1985 323i baur
                          current:

Comment

Im interested. PM will be sent
                            sigpic
                            "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

I'd like to know more
                              cars beep boop

Comment

NOR-CAL General Chat.

Eric

Tax return just came in

You up for an engine swap?

Comment

Working...
                                X