This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clear sky for eurosunday
    Know what's coming with AccuWeather's extended daily forecasts for Portola Valley, CA. Up to 90 days of daily highs, lows, and precipitation chances.

Comment

I got into Sac State in the fall. WOOHOO So i'll be looking for a 2 day a week job up there.
      I have minors in Communications, Liberal Arts. and never applied even thought have the units in math and physics. and i'm going back to school for my BS in Mechanical Engineering.
      If anyone hears of a job or needs a gofer or good wrencher in the fall plz let me know.
      Last edited by Cabriolet; 02-28-2014, 10:37 AM.
      Much wow
      I hate 4 doors

Comment

Anthony went to sac state of r a semester and left asap ha

Comment

Originally posted by oliver.r View Post
          Anthony went to sac state of r a semester and left asap ha
          well, he and I are about as opposite as it gets on everything.
          Much wow
          I hate 4 doors

Comment

don't go to school for liberal arts unless it's free
            "I wanna see da boat movie"
            "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

Originally posted by Thizzelle View Post
              don't go to school for liberal arts unless it's free
              at a JC you get it just by getting any other degree. im getting a BS in M.E.
              Much wow
              I hate 4 doors

Comment

Im majoring in Mechanical Engineering also! What are you looking to do with it Eric?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Comment

Guys a couple questions. What's a cheap place I can get reinforcements welded onto my front subframe, and what's the machine shop that balances flywheels for 30 bux?
                  The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
                  Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
                  2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                  2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by mbonanni View Post
                    Im majoring in Mechanical Engineering also! What are you looking to do with it Eric?
                    I would love to work at northrop grumman, Aerojet, or a startup.
                    Much wow
                    I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by bmwstephen View Post
                      haha no i wish. I can't afford it and the risks are too high. Instead, I pursued a cheaper alternative which was a certificate in finance program at one of the UC's which offer selected MBA courses. But since I am at the age of most MBA's and already working they decided to group me with the graduate candidates where they expect you to have pre-existing industry knowledge and skills.

The application and interview process was intense and competitive. The fact that I am coming from an entirely different industry (market research) did not help either. I had to even build my own little portfolio just stand out from the crowd of seasoned and experience professionals.

When all said and done, I had to put together 5 little mini portfolios when most of my competition only brought a single sheet resume. Ultimately, it still was not enough to impress the Ibanks but was more than enough for Commercial Banks. Either way, I'm grateful and I start next week. Yippeee!

Ah I see. This place is looking for rising seniors like myself so I don't think it's as demanding in req's but I'm definitely going out to distinguish myself from the rest.

Another big thing that's been a dilemma for me has been applying to Bay area firms that are looking for local undergraduates when I'm in SD and not around. Also at my school, there are FAR less alumni in finance than say Cal, for example. My school's mainly biotech, bio, and engineering. Where did you go and what did you study? All I have on my resume so far is an adminstrative internship at a summer camp, admin assistant to a private relator, and an internship last fall in pwm.

Congrats on the job btw!!

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                      1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                      1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                      2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

I need a reputable "euro" machine shop for my m20 stroker.. Anyone know of a place? I've got all the parts minus a few small things. What i have: Eta piston rods, i pistons, m52b28 crank, crank scraper and a fully rebuilt performance head. Basically need the head and block decked, flywheel and crank needs machining/balancing, and valves/ pistons need to be checked for clearance.. Looking for a shop more so in the peninsula area but willin to travel a bit.
                        sigpic

Comment

Congrats, Eric!

ME is fun. Hard finding a job right now though.
                          2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                          95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                          98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
                            at a JC you get it just by getting any other degree. im getting a BS in M.E.
                            o then I must have a degree in it then LOL

I am a senior design/mechanical engineer BAWSE

all people care about is experience when finding an engineering job. if you have none then they say fuck you, it blows.

I started out as just a drafter then they saw OOOOOOOOOOOOOO he can design shit and I got promoted up.

Comment

Originally posted by Thizzelle View Post
                              o then I must have a degree in it then LOL

I am a senior design/mechanical engineer BAWSE

all people care about is experience when finding an engineering job. if you have none then they say fuck you, it blows
                              sweet. you need to land me an internship
                              Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                              Congrats, Eric!
                              thx man
                              Much wow
                              I hate 4 doors

Comment

we got them but it's like a 3hour commute for you lol & it would being doing bitch work. And you have to bring us donuts everyday

Comment

Working...
                                X