Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone recommend a good/cheap powdercoating outfit for my wheels? I stopped by California Wheels in Campbell, and they quoted $600 for refinishing with powdercoating a new color for 4 wheels (BBS OEM-style baskets, one-piece, 16"). Seems pricey, but they've got good reviews on Yelp. I'm in Gilroy, and mainly stay in the South Bay and Peninsula. Recommendations?

Comment

talk to Nick Rodoni in Fremont

RMS Rolling and Coating
      Nick Rodoni - 408 603 5320
      2000 Warm Springs ct #4
      Fremont, CA
      1988 325 non-letter Seta "Bronzit"
      1991 325ic "Laguna Green" (Sold)
      1993 325i "Laguna Green/Silver" (Sold)
      1998 528i "Artic Silver" m-sport(totalled by drunk driver)
      2000 528i Titansilber/gray m-sport
      2000 528i Titansilber/black m-sport(sold)
      2001 525i Anthracite m-sport(sold)
      2013 750i Black/Black m-sport "Beast"

Comment

hello boys.

can we have like an official bay area e30 meet or something.

Comment

Originally posted by ElGato View Post
          Can anyone recommend a good/cheap powdercoating outfit for my wheels? I stopped by California Wheels in Campbell, and they quoted $600 for refinishing with powdercoating a new color for 4 wheels (BBS OEM-style baskets, one-piece, 16"). Seems pricey, but they've got good reviews on Yelp. I'm in Gilroy, and mainly stay in the South Bay and Peninsula. Recommendations?
          Rodoni like the guy below you posted. I believe he charges $60 per wheel and I've seen his work, it's as good as any other PC.
          The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
          Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
          2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
          2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

California Wheels. HA! They charge you a markup and simply have their driver of the day transport them over to Wheel Techniques in Santa Clara.
            3280 Edward Ave, Santa Clara, CA 95054
            (408) 496-6363

So why in the world pay a middle man to take your wheels somewhere that you can yourself take them to and save some greenbacks? I know why. Its because California Wheels does not disclose who and where your wheels are refinished.

If my powdercoat over was just a C hair bigger I could fit a full rim inside , but I have already bumped it out once and it was alot of disassembly, cutting , adding insulation, welding in plates, reassembly. Alot of the costs involved also have to do with the time it takes to "properly" strip a rim to make it accept the powdercoat properly.

Have the wheels cleared with Clear Vision Top Coat. It will make the color pop and add depth as well as giving them more of a protection layer. Since its a 2 coat process - First coat color, then rebake for second coat Clear its important to really know what you are doing or you can get clouding or inconsistiencies.

Oh, in the Powdercoat world the words cheap coupled with great results dont often intersect.

Comment

Originally posted by blazinxpk View Post
              hello boys.

can we have like an official bay area e30 meet or something.
              Agreed. We shall soon!
              '90 Alpine White M3
              OEM Hella Smoked Euro Smileys | OEM Headlamp Washers | Startec Tail Lights |
              EVO III Undertray | EVO III Front Lip | '92 DTM CF Gurney Flap | Recaro N'Joys |
              Ground Control Coilovers | OZ Futuras

DD: '97 Alpine White M3/4/5

Comment

Originally posted by SteadyAim. View Post
                Agreed. We shall soon!
                are you back on the road yet?

Comment

what up with all the white M3s being down for the count?

also my m3 was never down for more than an hour. you all shoulda bought a red one.
                  -----------------------------------------------------
                  Zain, plan it for a friday night.
                  -----------------------------------------------------
                  Wheel Techniques in Santa Clara will be who i take my euroweaves to... i have to do that really soon
                  Much wow
                  I hate 4 doors

Comment

wheel tech just did a rsx wheel for us, it came out nice. $144.00 might be shop price tho

Comment

that included mounting and balancing

Comment

just ordered 205/55R15 Dunlop Direzza DZ102 for the blue car.
                        Much wow
                        I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
                          just ordered 205/55R15 Dunlop Direzza DZ102 for the blue car.
                          You should do a mini review. Such a new tire, and there isn't much on it out there right now. Good price on them too.
                          1989 Carbon Black 328is

Comment

Originally posted by ArtClassShank View Post
                            You should do a mini review. Such a new tire, and there isn't much on it out there right now. Good price on them too.
                            they are the hardest tires i've ever bought. my review will be: it's like ice-skating.
                            Much wow
                            I hate 4 doors

Comment

Hey guys! It's kronus (Dmitriy)'s old bottlecaps!

I lent them to a friend from back home (with no real interntion of getting em back)
                              Turns out he joined the marines then sold his car to some guy.
                              Now that guy's selling his car.

This car was super fun to drive, beat to shit though.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                              1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                              1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                              2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

lol
                                cars beep boop

Comment

Working...
                                X