X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont have an oil cooler on my b25.

Comment

Originally posted by steven View Post
      anyone know any local alignment shops that don't cost an arm and a leg? I've use calderon tires but it's like $110 and i feel like that expensive but i might me wrong.
      we pay $50 lol

Comment

Originally posted by xixo View Post
        firestone used to offer lifetime alignments. cant remember how much it used to cost or if they even still do, but its worth looking into. theres one on tully near eastridge, might be another one in sj somewhere but i cant remember for sure.
        I've got a firestone lifetime for my stockish e46. The rules are that it's a factory alignment only and you can't have any non-stock adjustments (unless you know or can sweet talk the tech and he is cool with it, I've been able to just straight up ask the tech to align to different specs and they always have, just don't ask the manager because they'll generally refuse). It's about $200 and that covers unlimited alignments.

Comment

Originally posted by Steven View Post
          Anyone know any local alignment shops that don't cost an arm and a leg? I've use Calderon Tires but it's like $110 and i feel like that expensive but I might me wrong.
          Wheelworks is 99 bucks for a year or 12,000 miles and you can bring it in as many times as you want within the year or mileage. Since they're a chain there's a bunch of them all over the place so any of them will honor your purchase. You can have custom alignment specs done as well. I've certainly got my money out of it, but I do a lot of commuting, so I go through 12,000 miles pretty quickly. Otherwise find a friend who works at a dealership. Nowadays when I need an alignment I have one of the dealerships do it for 50 or 60 bucks off the clock, and their racks will have other car makes in their system (I bring mine to the Audi dealer).

If the Firestone deal is true, then that's really not too shabby for unlimited lifetime alignments!

Comment

Tires only on San Carlos is $40. They have a hunter. Had my M done there before I started doing it myself, not exactly rocket science.

Comment

It's a good deal over time, but remember no camber plates or anything. Stock adjustments only.

Comment

NOR-CAL General Chat.

So my buddy bought an e46 not too long ago (5-speed, m54b25, 60k miles; $6.7k) and he decided after jacuzzi last night he wanted to run em

Pulled up to a red light after that and smashed it after green

We both got a decent start but only pulled to about 70mph (on a 65mph highway) and that was enough to be ahead of him by a full car length

He now wants me to keep a lookout for any e30s in the area cause he wants one lol

Comment

does he want a blue one with 0 miles? =P

but after i dash swap engine rebuild i may sell my 325is
                  Much wow
                  I hate 4 doors

Comment

He'll be interested in the iS. He wants one like mine but I told him Lachs might be hard to find. He said he'll settle for a Schwarz or Alpine iS

Comment

meh i need to get on that rebuild asap.
                      Much wow
                      I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by JinormusJ View Post
                        So my buddy bought an e46 not too long ago (5-speed, m54b25, 60k miles; $6.7k) and he decided after jacuzzi last night he wanted to run em

Pulled up to a red light after that and smashed it after green

We both got a decent start but only pulled to about 70mph (on a 65mph highway) and that was enough to be ahead of him by a full car length

He now wants me to keep a lookout for any e30s in the area cause he wants one lol
                        He coulda just gotten a 330 instead of the girl version

Jk they are both girl versions

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
                          He coulda just gotten a 330 instead of the girl version

Jk they are both girl versions
                          :rofl:

It's an early model too, but it was a good deal, dealer maintained, original owner, super low mile. Pretty much looks like it came off the dealer lot.

Though, the only e46 I'd consider is a touring. Those are sick.

Comment

Originally posted by JinormusJ View Post
                            :rofl:

It's an early model too, but it was a good deal, dealer maintained, original owner, super low mile. Pretty much looks like it came off the dealer lot.

Though, the only e46 I'd consider is a touring. Those are sick.
                            if its early model its either a 323 or 328

Comment

328 then definitely

I know he was content saying he got the biggest engine for the year, so I'm almost certain it was the b28 then

Comment

Originally posted by oliver.r View Post
                                if its early model its either a 323 or 328
                                Those were only for 99, early models are 99 to 01 or 02 and mostly 325 or 330. Late models are facelift.

If he lost to a stockish m20 car and he had "the biggest motor" then it's probably just a 328 though.

Comment

Working...
                                X