Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So the whole time i thought i had a bad idle I didn't. At smog shop and he says it reads 750rpm perfect. I must have bumped the needle on the cluster mehhhhhhhh
    "I wanna see da boat movie"
    "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

Anyone have experience with Dodge's? lol

My dad's truck will turn over, start, then die immediately. He can give it some gas to keep the idle up and running, but otherwise it dies.

Comment

Originally posted by JinormusJ View Post
        America sucks

EDIT:
        Did some more research. CVC code states that in CA, an authentic CA-Issued license plate must be displayed on both front and rear of the vehicle. Lack of a front plate is considered a minor offense and is punishable my a maximum infraction of a correctable-offense ticket; running a euro plate or anything that is non-state-issued is deemed as a lack of displaying a front plate and faces identical punishment.

The rear on the other hand... Lack of a rear plate is punishable as a misdimeanor offense; running a non-state-issued plate is considered forgery of a legal document and is punishable as a state felony offense.

Yikes.
        Glad I asked first.
        Its not AMERICA. Its Kommie-For-Nia - Some states Honey badger that shit so much that you could screw a dildo with your plate number written in Permanent Sharpie to your front mounting area and it would be passable.

Run that stupid Euro over Cali plate BS that I see from time to time. Its no Hero Sandwich its The "Euro Sandwich".

Dekay is right about cops and plates , but now most of that plate sniffing is done onboard by a plate reader that automatically gathers plate numbers and pictures of the plates so that the police and easily identify stolen vehicles or people who swap plates onto thier other vehicles because the other vehicle is registered and the one they are driving is not.

It can read and record hundreds of plates a day. Now you know why there is a law against any aftermarket coverings for rear plates. You cannot by law obstruct the rear plate using a cover of any sort. Same goes for the front if memory serves me correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by mbonanni View Post
          Anyone have experience with Dodge's? lol

My dad's truck will turn over, start, then die immediately. He can give it some gas to keep the idle up and running, but otherwise it dies.
          What year? Is it OBD-II? is there any codes?
          Second gen Ram's eat fuel pump relays. Have him pull the relay from the horn or something else and try it.
          There is a row of relays that are all the same.
          1988 325 non-letter Seta "Bronzit"
          1991 325ic "Laguna Green" (Sold)
          1993 325i "Laguna Green/Silver" (Sold)
          1998 528i "Artic Silver" m-sport(totalled by drunk driver)
          2000 528i Titansilber/gray m-sport
          2000 528i Titansilber/black m-sport(sold)
          2001 525i Anthracite m-sport(sold)
          2013 750i Black/Black m-sport "Beast"

Comment

Originally posted by wilholl View Post
            What year? Is it OBD-II? is there any codes?
            Second gen Ram's eat fuel pump relays. Have him pull the relay from the horn or something else and try it.
            There is a row of relays that are all the same.
            1997 Dodga Dakota 3.7 v6. Unsure if it is OBD-II, I do not know anyhting about the truck.

Haven't gotten a a code reader, so can't test for any codes. Pops just went and got a fuel pressure tester to test that. I told him we gotta get a code reader, but no one we know has one, nowhere to rent, and don't want to buy one.

Comment

1997 Dodga Dakota 3.7 v6. Unsure if it is OBD-II, I do not know anyhting about the truck.

Haven't gotten a a code reader, so can't test for any codes. Pops just went and got a fuel pressure tester to test that. I told him we gotta get a code reader, but no one we know has one, nowhere to rent, and don't want to buy one.
              Yes, 1997=OBD-II
              I don't know as much about the V6. My 1997 Ram is a 5.9 V8
              But, I have had lots of problems with the fuel pump relay. It is an easy check just swap relays, all the relays in the row are the same.

Comment

The Code Readers are 19 bucks from a guy in Sunnyvale.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/U281-OBD-2-S..._Tools&vxp=mtr

Comment

96+ is OBD2 whether it's a dodge, BMW, Ferrari or geo

Comment

So I got some stuff done on my car. So you guys are saying that the end of june is the e30 picnic up in Oregon?
                    The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
                    Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
                    2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                    2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Tacoma Washington, +400 miles from where u are thinking. it's gonna be VERY far and long trip
                      Much wow
                      I hate 4 doors

Comment

Yes, 1997=OBD-II
                        I don't know as much about the V6. My 1997 Ram is a 5.9 V8
                        But, I have had lots of problems with the fuel pump relay. It is an easy check just swap relays, all the relays in the row are the same.
                        Yeah, the truck runs fine once it warms up though, so Idk about it being the fuel pump. My dad is still looking at it.

Originally posted by e30vert View Post
                        The Code Readers are 19 bucks from a guy in Sunnyvale.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/U281-OBD-2-S..._Tools&vxp=mtr
                        Thanks

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
                        96+ is OBD2 whether it's a dodge, BMW, Ferrari or geo
                        Thank you

Comment

Yeah, the truck runs fine once it warms up though, so Idk about it being the fuel pump. My dad is still looking at it.

Thanks

Thank you
                          So... check engine light on or not?
                          If not, most likely it is fuel or cap, rotor, plugs wires.
                          The computer pretty much checks everything else.

Comment

Welcome.With a ODBII scan gauge its a simple matter of plug gauge into the port. Not sure of location but should be easy to find. Usually in drivers foot well mounted to the area on the left below near the knee area. Power up the gauge. Run the scan , find the faults. Look them up online and then replace the offending part or parts.
                            Run another scan to determine if there are other faults or if resolved.

Comment

Thanks

Thank you
                              Plugs..
                              BTW: only run regular copper plugs in the Dodge truck engines. Champion, Autolight, whatever copper plugs. The ignition system is not setup for anything else and it will run like crap after awhile. If your dad has something else other than copper plugs tell him to swap them out.
                              Trust me on this one

Comment

So... check engine light on or not?
                                If not, most likely it is fuel or cap, rotor, plugs wires.
                                The computer pretty much checks everything else.
                                No check engine light on. I bet it just needs a good tune up and a good clean all around.

Originally posted by e30vert View Post
                                Welcome.With a ODBII scan gauge its a simple matter of plug gauge into the port. Not sure of location but should be easy to find. Usually in drivers foot well mounted to the area on the left below near the knee area. Power up the gauge. Run the scan , find the faults. Look them up online and then replace the offending part or parts.
                                Run another scan to determine if there are other faults or if resolved.
                                We are looking into the problem a little more and might get a scaner

Plugs..
                                BTW: only run regular copper plugs in the Dodge truck engines. Champion, Autolight, whatever copper plugs. The ignition system is not setup for anything else and it will run like crap after awhile. If your dad has something else other than copper plugs tell him to swap them out.
                                Trust me on this one
                                He cleaned the throttle body and it runs a lot better, still has a slightly hesitant cold start idle, but it is definitely a lot better.

Comment

Working...
                                X