X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vivek View Post
    m42. Not fast enough to r3v.
    challenge accepted! i spun an eta 1st through 4th in the rain. m42 has gotta be easier than that.
    Much wow
    I hate 4 doors

Comment

Well it's not gonna be raining much for the next few months, so i'll get plenty of practice. Plus i've already been driving (much faster cars) for a while.
      The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
      Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
      2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
      2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

lol Vivek won't R3V his car .... because he can't drive

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
        1983 Peugeot 505 STI
        1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
        2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
          lol Vivek won't R3V his car .... because he can't drive
          ;) hai mah name iz junior vivi n i encourage mah dad to buy cars that I like because I kno he will givem to me if I earn hi marx in pre skool

Comment

Originally posted by RUFFLZ View Post
            ;) hai mah name iz junior vivi n i encourage mah dad to buy cars that I like because I kno he will givem to me if I earn hi marx in pre skool
            Classic yung vivi impersonation, great execution.

Vivi m42 is well fast enough to r3v..... Lol. I say from the time he actually is able to drive it until about 6 month later the thing will either crap out on him or he'll r3v it

Comment

The m42 thing was a joke...lol. My dad loves the gas mileage, so maybe swap the engines between the two cars. The m20 needs to be resealed like a mofo so more motivation for that, but it won't happen until we know what we're doing. But, of all engine swaps it should be decently straight forward because they're both e30 engines, both currently running and complete.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
              2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

that would probably be the dumbest thing to do...

Comment

Why? Yes i know it'd be odd to have a DB vert with an m42, but other than that.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                  2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by Vivek View Post
                    Why? Yes i know it'd be odd to have a DB vert with an m42, but other than that.
                    iduno just sounds like a waste of effort....
                    more than 30 hours of work later
                    red car would get 5mpg more....
                    blue car would be a tiny bit more fun.

maybe it would make sense for your father to receive the m42, but if your gonna take all that time you might as well do a swap that is worth your time and effort, and that you wont get bored with.
                    maybe a 2.7l 885 head m20 would be more worth it, but a 24v or m30 would be more worth it....

Comment

Oh yeah that part makes sense. Well the main rationale is that we can do something that should be much more straightforward than a 24v or m30 swap. Ideally i'd love to do an m30 swap, but realistically I don't have the money for it, and this swap is just effort (but therefore practice).

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                      2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Just stick to the M42 and be a man.
                        Also, what the fuck is wrong with your red 325i?

Your recent actions portray you or your family as being very wasteful / making poor decsions for a beginning driver.

When I turned 16, my dad gave me (let me use) his 1983 original owner Peugeot.
                        That was slow as SHART. I loved it though. It had character. So many great memories.
                        RWD, 5-speed, 98hp pushrod 4-banger, and weighed a million fufillion tons.

When I *bought* my E30 off of my aunt in 2010 for $800, the M42 seemed like a fucking super car to me. I still love both cars to death.

Hold on to your belongings baby vivek. No need for another e30, before you even get your license.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                        1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                        1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                        2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

eh i guess....
                          as soon as my e30 is running next on my agenda is to build a bad ass m20 on an engine stand in my garage....
                          modified 2.7l bottom end and a modified 885 head (probably something similar to what MR325 is promoting.) hopefully it will be in the 200 hp range but im not entirely sure.
                          either that or ill be on the look out for an s5x to rebuild on an engine stand.

m30 swap would be bad ass but after reading frank's "how to" i am not into it as much, seems much more difficult/costly/time consuming than a 24v swap.

and freeride speaks the troof,
                          my first whip was an easily 2 ton 80hp automatic diesel benz....
                          talk about slow,
                          when i also BOUGHT my e30, for the first few months it was running i thought i was literally driving a race car, thing was a blast.

Comment

How is it wasteful? The 318i is more of a teenager-esque car, and my dad gave it to me because he was proud of me. There's nothing really wrong with either of the cars, I love them both to death.

Why are you guys emphasizing that you "bought" your cars? My parents haven't paid a cent towards my red e30, and I still have to finish off paying my debt to them even though it's not technically 'my' car anymore.

I know a guy who's 16 and drives an e46 m3 that's decently modded. He doesn't give a fuck about the car. You guys seem to have no perspective of wasteful.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                            2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

pfft if my parents buy me ANYTHING and say "hey now lil spence fucker listen up, you owe me, start paying me back when you get paid"
                              both my parents and myself know that there will be no payments made.

but thats just my house hold.
                              haha.

Comment

That's not how it is for me. I owe them exactly $1,444 (soon to be about $300 less because I'll make a big payment) and i've paid about $2,400. I fucking BOUGHT my car and worked hard for every penny.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                                2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Working...
                                X