This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
    Haha. You sure that guy was actually the seller? I thought he was just some dude talking in a general sense.
    no, hence "seems", but he was taking it awfully personally.
    past:
    1989 325is (learner shitbox)
    1986 325e (turbo dorito)
    1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
    1985 323i baur
    current:
    1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Was it some dude named Ray?

Comment

Craigslist sellers are the worst but then also some buyers are to.
        Had a guy email about my bike (brand new) and said. Can you give me your number so we can discuss. I replied, it's brand new (link to bike spec page) what else do you need to know? It's all there.
        No reply yet
        "I wanna see da boat movie"
        "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

First e30 I've ever seen in England. Early model mtech 2??

Feedback!
          Custom Cup Holder Consoles!
          Calypso Story--S50/Shaved and Tucked Bay

Comment

Can anyone recommend a reasonably prices shop to take my e30 in the south bay?

Comment

What needs work?

Comment

Me, Kalim, Dylan. one of us can do what you need
                Much wow
                I hate 4 doors

Comment

Should I put a 3.25 LSD or 3.73 LSD in my eta? I wanna be able to slam it and have fun but not with compromising highway rpms too much.

Comment

3.25. the 3.75 is too low for freeway
                    Much wow
                    I hate 4 doors

Comment

Been about 2 months since I last drove my e30

I can feel it within me

I am dying a little every passing day

Comment

Thanks Eric.

You should be proud of me!l Eric! I just got in all my brake parts from blunt :)

Comment

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
                          Should I put a 3.25 LSD or 3.73 LSD in my eta? I wanna be able to slam it and have fun but not with compromising highway rpms too much.
                          there are options between those two. 3.25 is still too tall for a car you want to be "fun".

z3 3.0 auto came with a torsen 3.46. http://www.unofficialbmw.com/phpBB/v...ic.php?t=32354

that's what i'd do if i had an eta that i didn't plan on putting a hot cam into.

also, you guys are fooling yourselves if you think 30-year-old non-rebuilt clutch-type diffs still have any kind of lock in them.
                          past:
                          1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                          1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                          1985 323i baur
                          current:

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
                            there are options between those two. 3.25 is still too tall for a car you want to be "fun".

z3 3.0 auto came with a torsen 3.46. http://www.unofficialbmw.com/phpBB/v...ic.php?t=32354

that's what i'd do if i had an eta that i didn't plan on putting a hot cam into.

also, you guys are fooling yourselves if you think 30-year-old non-rebuilt clutch-type diffs still have any kind of lock in them.

Well my buddy has a 3.25 and a 3.79, trying to figure out what I'm gonna do. Leaning towards the 3.25.

I know old clutches won't always work. I plan on rebuilding down the line.

Comment

yeah, that's a four-figure operation, if you get it done right.

or you could get a torsen with a better ratio and never have to rebuild. it's not like your buddy is the only source of parts on the planet...

i don't get why you guys with street cars are so resistant to the idea. they cost the same; i paid $400 for both the clutch and torsen 4.10s that have been in my car.
                              past:
                              1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                              1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                              1985 323i baur
                              current:

Comment

My buddy rebuilt his medium case and threw in three brand new clutch packs, I doubt it costed him near a grand and he is very satisfied and gets about 60-75% lock up.

Comment

Working...
                                X