This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Toodaloo View Post
    genesis coupe, 2015 wrx/sti, gti (if you're fine with fwd), any turbo mini, fiat Abarth (if you're into it, it's a love-hate type of car), new 3 series, ecoboost mustang (lol?), etc.
    there are far too many options, but it's quite rare to find a solid combination of turbo + manual + rwd which is what makes my clock tick. The turbo/manual market seems to be engulfed with hot hatch's lately so personally it would be hard for me personally to decide.
    FWD is out.
    WRX and turbo 'stang are already on the list.
    girlfriend hates korean marques for... whatever reason, so hyundai/kia are out. that aside, they killed the turbo genesis coupe, and the optima turbo is FWD.
    hadn't thought about the 2-series, but truecar says people are paying $30k for the 4-banger turbo, which is in the ballpark...
    past:
    1989 325is (learner shitbox)
    1986 325e (turbo dorito)
    1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
    1985 323i baur
    current:
    1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Any one got any recommendations where to get tires around vallejo fairfield at a decent price

Comment

tire rack

Comment

Originally posted by phreshkid View Post
          hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

calypso

hmmmmmmmmmm
          do it ya pansy :D

Comment

yeah ryan, wanna long-term rent my garage? :D
            cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
              yeah ryan, wanna long-term rent my garage? :D

What price are we talking?

Wait no don't tell me. Let's end this conversation right here before I make life decisions.

Stop peer pressuring me, Nate.
              world renown Harry Potter expert
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chilezen View Post
                I have an e36 rack installed in mine, bought refurb'd from RackDoctor. NOT worth it. Still slow like the e30 rack. Save up, spend your dough on something nice.
                care to elaborate a little more on this statement.

stock is about 4 turns lock to lock. standard e36 is 3.2 lock to lock, thats a huge difference. sure e46 and z3 are better, but they are also 3-4x the price.

i guess i should install my e36 rack and find out myself.

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                  why don't you come 'round no more, danny? don't you love us?
                  Been real busy with work, thinking about selling the calypso car.

Comment

lock-to-lock isn't everything, the different racks also have different amounts of travel. The travel rate is the factor that determines rack "speed".
                    cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by NATOBOT View Post
                      Any one got any recommendations where to get tires around vallejo fairfield at a decent price
                      EBay. Just got a new set myself

Comment

Originally posted by blazinxpk View Post
                        care to elaborate a little more on this statement.

stock is about 4 turns lock to lock. standard e36 is 3.2 lock to lock, thats a huge difference. sure e46 and z3 are better, but they are also 3-4x the price.

i guess i should install my e36 rack and find out myself.
                        This is definitely a worthy upgrade. The e36 rack makes the car noticeably nicer to drive. I put a zhp rack into my e36 and even noticed a difference there, and between my friends and their e30's, both of them have the regular e36 rack swap in their e30s. I'd say this is one of the go-to upgrades right off the bat, especially since most of the stock racks need new lines and tie rods, so why not upgrade ;)

Comment

Originally posted by mtech325 View Post
                          This is definitely a worthy upgrade. The e36 rack makes the car noticeably nicer to drive. I put a zhp rack into my e36 and even noticed a difference there, and between my friends and their e30's, both of them have the regular e36 rack swap in their e30s. I'd say this is one of the go-to upgrades right off the bat, especially since most of the stock racks need new lines and tie rods, so why not upgrade ;)
                          Going from a worn out, super leaky stock e30 rack to a reman e36 non m rack is a mild transition. It isn't like woah man this is super quick! Its more like okay don't gotta turn the wheel as much and not twist up your Arms as much. There is still quite a bit of a "dead zone" with the e36 rack which makes it a really good DD rack.

That being said if I where to do it again I would definitely choose the zhp rack over anything.

But I love the feel of a reman stock e30 rack.

Also, would anybody happen to know track oriented alignment specs including the rear since I have adjustable stuff?

Comment

CaTuned wants $300 just to press out/press in new subframe, diff, rtab, and cabs. This seems outrageous to me, or is it really that difficult/time consuming of a job to do?

Comment

I need some of those subframe raising bushings, too much camber in the rear for me right now... :(

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

E36 M3 Build thread http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=597637

Comment

Uh is the subframe already out of the car? If so then it's a bit labor heavy. If not it's pretty cheap.

Comment

Working...
                                X