This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Toodaloo View Post
    I feel like they just hit rock bottom? Hmm. You can get a clean one for like $5k now.
    Originally posted by CarsonE30 View Post
    Where are these 5k clean M3's you speak of haha there around 9-12 where I am haha
    I almost had a clean byzanz e36 M3 for 4k a little while back.
    A friend bought a clean black 96 M3 for $3400 last year.
    Just sayin...
    1988 325 non-letter Seta "Bronzit"
    1991 325ic "Laguna Green" (Sold)
    1993 325i "Laguna Green/Silver" (Sold)
    1998 528i "Artic Silver" m-sport(totalled by drunk driver)
    2000 528i Titansilber/gray m-sport
    2000 528i Titansilber/black m-sport(sold)
    2001 525i Anthracite m-sport(sold)
    2013 750i Black/Black m-sport "Beast"

Comment

Yeah it seems like there's one or 2 of those deals every year or so. I got mine for cheap but the prices sure aren't going down, cheapest one I found on CL that's a clean running example is like 8500ish.
      C6Z
      S2K
      VeloN

Comment

Originally posted by CarsonE30 View Post
        It's this one in particular. If it was any other color combo and not worth shit, I would have been dailying it since I bought it but this color as is has a premium and I've been offered 11k for it as is but I'm keeping it. I don't wanna risk anything happening to it and I'm trying to keep it as clean as possible. It's my CCA show car but if the swap gets done, I'll gladly sell when the time is right, especially with the E36 M3 prices on the rise
        Dude, I daily drive an E30 M3. E36 M3s are not on the rise, more like still on the decline. They will never be worth a whole lot as there were far too many built, racing heritage was non existent, interiors are crap, and the engines are nothing special. Rare color? Ok, that adds a little, but not much. Will it be worth more than an normal e36? Sure, but it will have to be 100% perfect to fetch top dollar.

Its cool that you like it and respect it, but it really does fit the daily driver roll well.

Will
        '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
        '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
        '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
        '88 BMW M3

Comment

....except that the values of nice ones are actually going up. The stupid-nice ones are already commanding ridiculous prices (see: EAG and others). Craigslist, forums....prices are going up.

A lot of the ratty ones have been bought by 16-18 year olds and crashed, more still have been bought by stance and drifter crowds and crashed/ruined, so the really nice ones have been going up in value. Same as happened to the E30 M3s, before a critical mass of people started speculating on them as investments.

They aren't experiencing E30 M3 appreciation, and likely won't (aside from the LTWs), but they are in fact appreciating in value for nice examples. They're not E30 M3s, but that doesn't mean they're worthless.

I personally don't hesitate to DD either of mine, and used to go ice racing with mine when I still lived in CO (in addition to DD in winter/snow/ice). They're really phenomenal cars. Fun fact, track pads and summer tires don't work so well in 4 inches of surprise snow. Car was a beast with studs and sandbags though.
          2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
          95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
          98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Last plug-- BMW CCA cars and coffee at Alice's restaurant in Woodside (intersection of skyline and woodside), tomorrow at 9am, come if you can!
            2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
            98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
              Last plug-- BMW CCA cars and coffee at Alice's restaurant in Woodside (intersection of skyline and woodside), tomorrow at 9am, come if you can!
              I'm on the fence but I have to come up with a friend cuz we're looking at a car at 2 in Cupertino but I don't wanna make him wake up that early. Here's my card though, I'm official.
              C6Z
              S2K
              VeloN

Comment

Ha! I think I have the rocky mountain stickers still on mine.

Hope to see you there if you can make it! I'll be probably on coffee #3 at that point, going to be a stupid early morning on my end.

Should be noted for those who don't know, you don't have to be a CCA member to come hang out!
                2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

gotta love selling to the FB crowd...
                  past:
                  1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                  1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                  1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                  1985 323i baur
                  current:
                  1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

NOR-CAL General Chat.

Originally posted by decay View Post

gotta love selling to the FB crowd...

Are you the seller? If so, I'll buy them off of you with no BS, and you'll make a fellow r3v member very happy :)

Edit: wait, only 2 wheels or 4!? I literally just did what the other commentor did...

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

E36 M3 Build thread http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=597637

Comment

it is a full set, and that's a fair question... just running short on garage space right now :)
                      past:
                      1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                      1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                      1985 323i baur
                      current:

Comment

it is a full set, and that's a fair question... just running short on garage space right now :)

Is there any chance you can hold on to them for a week or so? I've got 100 buckaroo's with your name on them if so! Been looking for a cheap set for a while now! But the fact that I'm currently in Dubai till the 27th makes it very hard to just go pick them up right now haha!

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

Comment

Sounds good. I have two 205/50 tires for the fronts as well. Stretchy stretchy!
                          past:
                          1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                          1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                          1985 323i baur
                          current:

Comment

Sounds good. I have two 205/50 tires for the fronts as well. Stretchy stretchy!

I feel like those will be better for the back. Planning on running 165's on the front!

Joking aside, I'd snag those tires too if they're on the inexpensive side as well! I'll be back on the 27th, however I won't really be able to get out there until the 30th, would that work with you? Sometime before 4pm on the 30th?

Comment

I'm working again, can't be at home during the week, but I can hang onto them until the weekend after that.
                              past:
                              1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                              1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                              1985 323i baur
                              current:

Comment

Well I did it r3v, I'm back in the E30 club! Now who has a manual swap and Bilstein/HR set up for me?
                                C6Z
                                S2K
                                VeloN

Comment

Working...
                                X