This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
    Not fundamentally different. I and a buddy helped Dmitriy do his car. Mechanically it took us...a long ass day? But it was the first time we'd done one. You just need to buy all the parts and put them where they should go!

You have to do a little wiring, but you can either hack it or you can find a manual OBD2 harness if you want it to be legit.
    Okay cool, if we end up getting this one, the one we currently have will go under my dad's name and this one will be under mine as a fall back plan for that day when the E30 doesn't wanna cooperate and while it's getting manual swapped. I guess after that's done, I'll manual swap this M3 and be set for a good while.
    C6Z
    S2K
    VeloN

Comment

What do you need another E36 for though? I thought you wanted out of your nice one to buy an E30, so why buy a not-as-nice version of your car?
      I don't need another E36, my dad wants to keep the one we currently have and he actually sent me this link and since I'll be in the area tomorrow, he wants me and a buddy to look at it. I have an E30 again and since my dad's wants our current M3, he was just gonna buy the parts for my E30 and give me the difference but the way he sees it is, if he can get this Byzanz car for somewhere between 4 and 4500 and drop the 2k-ish for my E30 parts and be in total 6500-7k into everything AND we get to keep all cars, it's a solid deal.
      C6Z
      S2K
      VeloN

Comment

That makes a good bit of sense!

just make sure to add another $500 for a full cooling system refresh on the new m3. It needs it, whether it knows it or not.
        2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
        95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
        98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

That makes a good bit of sense!

just make sure to add another $500 for a full cooling system refresh on the new m3. It needs it, whether it knows it or not.
          We're aware at this point lol I think we got really really lucky with our current one, as weird as that sounds for buying a car that needed a whole new head, but it's been 100% perfect ever since and has cost us nothing. All in all, we're $3960 into our current M3 and that's including the price of buying the car. And I like it staying in the family because it's my 1st M3 and I'll always have that soft spot for it, the color is just a bonus.
          C6Z
          S2K
          VeloN

Comment

e36 m3's have only two possible states:

- the cooling system needs to be replaced
            - the cooling system is being replaced
            cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
              e36 m3's have only three possible states:

- the cooling system wasn't replaced soon enough and you done fucked up
              fixed.
              2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
              98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

e36 m3's have only two possible states:

I haven't done it yet but it was done last September, 4 weeks before I bought the car......hoping I didn't just jinx it
                C6Z
                S2K
                VeloN

Comment

fixed.
                  that's a subtype of the first state
                  cars beep boop

Comment

also it turns out the radiator in my 318 is not a typical m42 radiator? it's some sort of weird euro even-smaller-than-an-m42 radiator.
                    cars beep boop

Comment

also it turns out the radiator in my 318 is not a typical m42 radiator? It's some sort of weird euro even-smaller-than-an-m42 radiator.
                      m10?
                      C6Z
                      S2K
                      VeloN

Comment

no, m10 radiators are totally different. this has plastic end tanks and an m42-style overflow.

cars beep boop

Comment

no, m10 radiators are totally different. this has plastic end tanks and an m42-style overflow.

Weight reduction radiator
                          C6Z
                          S2K
                          VeloN

Comment

Top one looks like it has oil cooler attachment.... Z3M S54 rad? They're shorter than normal E36 or late model E30 radiators for the oil cooler attachment.

Bottom one is just weird.
                            2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                            98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

yeah, the top one is your old z3 one
                              cars beep boop

Comment

thought so. I think blizzard wants it.
                                2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                                98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Working...
                                X