This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jayuuey View Post
    Anyone going to auto-x this Sat at Sonoma? Rain is in the forecast but its still supposed to be fun, right...?

Will, are you still one of the organizers?

Jay
    Jay,
    I will be there with the M3, and yes I am one of the organizers. Its looking wet, but who knows. I'm guessing there will be tons of seat time, just bring your rain gear. We will likely take the prospect of rain into consideration when we build the course tomorrow night.

Come up and introduce yourself. I'll likely be wearing a black wide brimmed hat.

Will
    '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
    '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
    '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
    '88 BMW M3

Comment

will confirmed for man in black

cars beep boop

Comment

So the e36m3 becomes legal to bring into the US soon.
        my question is, if i get one, is it legal to swap that engine into my E30 and BAR it?
        Much wow
        I hate 4 doors

Comment

Anybody know how to take the ignition unit off?? We can't seem to figure it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
            my question is, if i get one, is it legal to swap that engine into my E30 and BAR it?
            3.0 Euro motors, maybe.

3.2 Euro motors, not a chance. They are 96+ yet aren't OBD2...which is required on 96+ cars. I don't know if they'll be importable federally for that reason either, since they're federally emissions noncompliant by default.

However, I wouldn't swap either. US dealers and parts stores have begun to refuse to sell euro parts, so if your Euro S50 needs...anything...you're hosed. I've been running into that a lot lately with euro E36/46 parts.

Either S50/2 US swap or S54. Euro S50 is a sweet motor but with no parts availability it will be a bitch to own. Plus, emissions PITA.
            2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
            95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
            98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by AlonzoS View Post
              Anybody know how to take the ignition unit off?? We can't seem to figure it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              It doesn't come off the steering column. Need to swap whole thing.
              cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post

Just because its legal to bring a car into the us, doesn't mean that it's legal to reg in California. Since it was never an approved engine in CA you cannot swap it. You could potentially reg a European 36m if you're willing to get the car tested for like 10k however.

Comment

Any recommendations to get an alarm installed in an E30? I don't want to take it to a random stereo shop and would rather have someone that knows E30 wiring..

Comment

do you want an alarm or just remote door locks?
                    2003 Z4 3.0 6-speed- Silver, 19's, daily driver
                    1990 Silver 325i- Lowered on H&R OE Sports, e90 drop hats, KYB shocks, color matched rocker panels, 16" Emortal RS wheels on 205/50/16 tires... Currently getting a full refresh including an S52 swap!
                    1997 Black Ford Probe GT- Stripped to 2220lbs, MS3X, Forged motor in midst of assembly... Dyno results and 1/4 mile times pending

Comment

any recs for a winter/camping 4wd car? looking at cherokees, audis and WRX wagons. needs to be not significantly bigger than an e30 cause my garage is tiny.

thinking to put up my 318 as a trade for something :(
                      cars beep boop

Comment

How bout a 2nd gen Subaru Forester XT? The earlier ones (2004-2006?) have the same 2.5 as the STI, the later ones (2007-2010) have the same 2.5 as the 2.5 WRX. I had a later one with full STI swap. It's essentially a taller wrx wagon. Everything swaps between the 1st Gen WRX and 2nd Gen Forester.

edit: Plus wanganstyle knows these cars almost as good as e30s/e36s.

Comment

Are saabarus awd?

Comment

yeah. they're nice. haven't found one that's a decent deal.
                            cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by oliver.r View Post
                              Are saabarus awd?

They are. Base is n/a nicer one is turbo

Comment

Had an 06' wrx. Meh. I like the e30 more.
                                It was definitely fun up in the snow, and the boost was addicting!

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

E36 M3 Build thread http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=597637

Comment

Working...
                                X