This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 3vilE30 View Post
    Hey guys i snapped a trans output shaft bolt to the guibio and everything is vibrating. Currently stuck in freemont drove here from sac if anybody has a spare nut and bolt and some tools i could borrow
    I will be back in Fremont in an hour and a half. And have a donor car...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

Greetings fellow Nor-Cal'ers. Beautiful day isn't it! Good day to get pizza for lunch I think yes.

Also, opinions on Fortune Auto Coilovers???

Comment

Fortune Auto coils are popular with tuner cars and the stance crowd. They're based out of Virginia, so if you need rebuilds or replacement parts, you won't have to ship them outside the US. A friend had a set on his WRX, and another on an RX8 and they rode and drove nice enough.

For an e30 I think you're going to get mixed reviews. Some people will say go for it, while others will strongly suggest "proven" setups like Ground Control, TC Kline, or even a spring/shock combo like Bilsteins with H&Rs.

The Fortune Auto coils seem to be similar to the BC Racing coilovers where you have to chop the front strut tube off the spindle and weld them in place, whereas the more traditional setups use strut inserts that can be replaced easier or swapped back to stock if need be. Just something to consider.

Comment

Anyone have an M42 alternator? No place in NorCal carries them in stock..

Comment

Originally posted by scarsofcarma View Post
            Greetings fellow Nor-Cal'ers. Beautiful day isn't it! Good day to get pizza for lunch I think yes.

Also, opinions on Fortune Auto Coilovers???
            Spend the extra $$$ on a proven setup. Unless you just want to be low there are cheaper coilovers for that. Fortune auto coils are trying to do too much IMO. They want to be good slammed coilovers that can double as track coilovers itll do both okay.

I have ground control coilovers specifically suited for my driving style and aggressiveness. With fortune auto its one size fits all. Also ground control is more intimate with their customers and really put pride into their work. They're up in shingle springs California and I have been to their shop excellent people and customer service.

Comment

I really hate having money so this'll be here next week, sorry for poopy quality website pic. Anywho, back to E30's, carry on.
              C6Z
              S2K
              VeloN

Comment

Hi everyone,

In the last 6 months or so, I've had a fair amount of random people asking if I'd sell the e30 while at the gas station, in parking lots, and even driving down the road. Mine is nothing too special, just a red 318 that's had the paint buffed to bring back the shine, but still has its fair share of dents and dings. Is the market THAT hot for them at the moment?

Looking at Bring A Trailer and the price for non-M cars seems to be going through the roof. The e30 has always been a popular car, but lately the "tax" seems to be in full swing. I assume the M3 prices have dragged the standard cars up with them (not unlike the muscle car craze of the early 2000's) and the lack of clean examples left. Just curious as to everyone else's experiences or thoughts on the matter.

Comment

Originally posted by mtech325 View Post

Looking at Bring A Trailer and the price for non-M cars seems to be going through the roof. The e30 has always been a popular car, but lately the "tax" seems to be in full swing. I assume the M3 prices have dragged the standard cars up with them (not unlike the muscle car craze of the early 2000's) and the lack of clean examples left. Just curious as to everyone else's experiences or thoughts on the matter.
                  I've been doing some research on it, (as I was helping a neighbor find one) and it appears that MT 325i cars are fetching about 6000 for mechanically sound, close to stock versions here in NorCal.

318s seem to fetch a little less. 2 drs are more desirable, iS as well. Take off a little bit for AT.

edit: https://www.reddit.com/r/E30/comment..._on_used_e30s/ from about Decemeber.

Comment

I guess I should wait to sell my black e30..
                    cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                      I guess I should wait to sell my black e30..
                      sell it to someone in Germany. Apparently a decent one goes for about 20k.

Comment

I cant find a decent four door for around 2-3k, the prices some people place for 325e's are ridiculous.

Comment

all the shitty ones died, and all the decent ones either got snatched up or became shitty ones

you gotta hunt in person
                          cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                            all the shitty ones died, and all the decent ones either got snatched up or became shitty ones

you gotta hunt in person
                            True, I've seen clean exmaples get parted out over dmv back fees. A lot of part out cars I've seen usually are very easily fixable but the owners are set on parting it out or want too much. Also there is the "vehicle retirement program" that has take out a good number. Occasionally ill come across something worthwhile.

Comment

i will be selling mine in the not too distant future as well. prices have gone up enough that i could get what i want to have an e46m3 for only a few more $.
                              Much wow
                              I hate 4 doors

Comment

Is Mammoth considered NOR-CAL? I'm a Cali-Noob lmao. Hello from good ol' US 395!
                                -1976 2002 daily (Sold)
                                -1986 528e 5 speed daily

Comment

Working...
                                X