This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

someone buy my coilover. i need to get this car back to stock asap

for $185 you get them installed and you give me your struts, blown bearings are no issue.
    for free you get them if you give me your sport springs and struts. or 300 takes them.
    i'll even do the work while you drink a beer on me.
    Much wow
    I hate 4 doors

Comment

I have all my seats out and moving around is not a problem. I am actually sitting in my car as I type this. Lol

LBV, I have no vote what kind of steam cleaner I have. All i know is it has a detachable hand part.

Also, can I take out this weird carpet shit behind the rear seat? It is nasty.

Comment

The handheld part is what i was wondering about. you can probably take out that carpet...is it like grey? I'd definitely do it all with the carpet in the car.
        The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
        Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
        2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
        2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by mbonanni View Post
          I have all my seats out and moving around is not a problem. I am actually sitting in my car as I type this. Lol

LBV, I have no vote what kind of steam cleaner I have. All i know is it has a detachable hand part.

Also, can I take out this weird carpet shit behind the rear seat? It is nasty.
          that nasty shit is just dampener for less cabin noise and such.
          removable yes.
          replaceable, yes.

Comment

Yes, grey carpet. numerous stains. I am not sure if I can get it all out.
            I will try.

I want to remove that nasty stuff and replace it with sound deadening like dynomat. maybe....

On a horrible note. I just broke my moms camera.

Comment

On a horrible note. I just broke my moms camera.
              Damn takin pictures of yourself in the mirror?

Comment

Yes :'(

Comment

Lol but yea that sucks, I dropped my gopro the one time it's actually out of the case down some stairs and it was busted...they gave me a new one tho😁

Comment

Don't take what I'm about to say as meaning that I'm an irresponsible/reckless driver.

So i've been doing this computer driving program (20% off insurance) and some of the shit's so dumb and annoying. They try to replace driving experience with something they tell you and show a video clip about. And half of it's stupid generalizations like "it takes 300 feet to stop a vehicle at 60mph" lol ok whatever you say. Not to mention their 'professional driver's' braking technique is to to lock up the wheels and continue to drive straight at the person. "a good driver can stop this car from 30mph in 100 feet"...all she fucking did was hit the brakes as hard as she could.

Driving stuff like this has a lot of good things to say, but they tarnish it all with misinformation like that. I try to pick up on everything that I can, but the braking distances (and especially their "good driver" shit with her doing nothing but skidding) waters it all down.
                    Last edited by Vivek; 06-13-2012, 04:38 PM.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                    2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Shouldn't you be telling people that care?

Comment

I emailed this guy on cl about an m20b25 and he said

So here’s the deal with mine. I bought the car last Friday on CL as a donor for my 318is, which had a fight with a guardrail and lost. I have no history on the car, though the motor starts cleanly and sounds great – best I can tell you. The previous owner passed away and I bought it from his brother. He mentioned overheating issues, though I don’t think there is any damage to the head, as I have seen no mixing of oil and water.

So just to be clear – I ran the car and let is sit in my driveway for an hour and it did not overheat. I have pulled the fenders and other items, so I can’t put it on the road. I can run it again for any length of time, and we can do compression checks, leak checks, whatever to build some confidence.

What do you guys think?

Comment

Shouldn't you be telling people that care?
                          Sorry, guess I missed the "general chat" part of this thread title .

Do all the general checks on that engine (that people have told you in the past). Let it run without moving and check the temp. Make sure it goes high enough though, and he's not just messed with something to make it read well below half. Most e30's get above the halfway point if they're just sitting there. Since you're pulling the engine, leaks shouldn't be too big of a deal as the gaskets will be easier to access, but a compression test would be very good.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                          2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

stuck thermostat mayne like i was saying the other day it will be dodgy on over heating, sometimes it will sometimes it wont.
                            either that or the WP is not working as it should.

either way if theres good compression and no mixing fluids it should be good just replace all the cooling components,
                            (water pump, thermostat, radiator if damaged)

EDIT*******
                            also replace the fan clutch, forgot m20's had those because my e21's m10 doesnt :P

Comment

Originally posted by Vivek View Post

Do all the general checks on that engine (that people have told you in the past). Let it run without moving and check the temp. Make sure it goes high enough though, and he's not just messed with something to make it read well below half. Most e30's get above the halfway point if they're just sitting there. Since you're pulling the engine, leaks shouldn't be too big of a deal as the gaskets will be easier to access, but a compression test would be very good.

I was just being serious. I am sure no one in here cares about that safety shit. Most all of us have gone through it..

He will be pulling the motor.

And spence, I was taking into consideration what you said. Just wanted to hear what other had to say. I am going to talk ask the guy a few more questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Vivek View Post

whutdafux is you saying mayne.
                                any well maintained m20 should not cross over the halfway tick while sitting still.
                                i need danny to come back me up hes good at telling vivi whatsup. haha.

Comment

Working...
                                X