This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vivek View Post
    That one kinda caught me off guard. I kinda imagined you as like a 45 year old based on your lack of a sig/avatar and generally mature posts (mine are fairly mature too, but I can be myself a bit more on this forum compared to others)..
    Yea, I try not to portray myself as a teenager because I feel like more people will respect me/take me seriously. r3v is full of people that have too much time on their hands and troll the shit out of people. I do not want to be a victim. I also try to not use too much short hand because it effects how I perform in school.

And I have no good pics of my car, which is why I have no sig/avatar

Comment

Next year I am going to be taking five AP (advanced prep) classes, AP Stats, AP Biology, AP Physics, AP English, AP Government. I will also take German 4 and robotics as my seventh period.

Which reminds me. As an off-season project for robotics a buddy and I are designing a chair-bot. We will be mounting a bucket seat (hopefully recaro) on a frame with wheels etc and a controller to drive it.

Comment

Originally posted by mbonanni View Post
        Yea, I try not to portray myself as a teenager because I feel like more people will respect me/take me seriously. r3v is full of people that have too much time on their hands and troll the shit out of people. I do not want to be a victim. I also try to not use too much short hand because it effects how I perform in school.

And I have no good pics of my car, which is why I have no sig/avatar
        haahaha this sounds way tooo sad/funny/relatable

Next year I am going to be taking five AP (advanced prep) classes, AP Stats, AP Biology, AP Physics, AP English, AP Government. I will also take German 4 and robotics as my seventh period.

Which reminds me. As an off-season project for robotics a buddy and I are designing a chair-bot. We will be mounting a bucket seat (hopefully recaro) on a frame with wheels etc and a controller to drive it.
        ok bro enjoy cal

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
        1983 Peugeot 505 STI
        1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
        2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
          haahaha this sounds way tooo sad/funny/relatable

ok bro enjoy cal
          Why sad?

Cal?

Thats another reason short hand sucks. You could be referring to Calculus or California.

Comment

Why sad?

Cal?

Thats another reason short hand sucks. You could be referring to Calculus or California.
            Sad because it sounded like you were some sort of victim of bigotry, antisemitism, or homophobia, or Islamophobia.

Cal = Berkeley = Bizzurkely = UCB = The University of California, Berkeley.

1983 Peugeot 505 STI
            1992 Volvo 240 Wagon

Comment

Sad because it sounded like you were some sort of victim of bigotry, antisemitism, or homophobia, or Islamophobia.

Cal = Berkeley = Bizzurkely = UCB = The University of California, Berkeley.
              I am a victim of none, I gaurantee. haha

And Berkeley? Hard chance. I will not be qualified at all. I wish though, if not Cal Pol.

Comment

I took spanish 3 as a freshman and 4 as a sophmore since i came from a private k-8 in the oakland hills. i was le awkward freshman in a sea of upperclassmen :giggle:

ya man go for it. but dont stop until youve taken ap, so you can get the whole shit done with and not have to do it in college at all
                I can't take AP french. There's just no way...second languages aren't my thing, I'm more like analytical than language oriented, never been much good at English either. I'd honestly rather take it in college than take the AP in high school.

God...I wanna go to Cal lol. I wish...
                The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
                Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
                2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

I am a victim of none, I gaurantee. haha

And Berkeley? Hard chance. I will not be qualified at all. I wish though, if not Cal Pol.
                  You will get into Cal Poly.
                  I got in for Electrical Engineering (lol at how I'm an Econ major at UCSD now)

1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                  1992 Volvo 240 Wagon

Comment

Electrical engineering is what I want to do. Why did you change?

P.S. I am oh so very tempted to steal Danny's swag and buy a four door calypso.

Comment

Cal = Berkeley = Bizzurkely = UCB = The University of California, Berkeley=
                      University of HURT ASS BROADS

Comment

Electrical engineering is what I want to do. Why did you change?
                        Because easy way-out ...haha not really..
                        My dad was an Electrical Engineering/Mathematics Double Major, and Masters of both. Utah State/Cal Poly.

Why me no stick with it?
                        I'm on the rowing team here. If I did that I would surely stay for over 5 years.
                        I don't really wanna do that.
                        Also, it's getting tougher to make 'good money' with that, unless you match you B.S in EE with a MBA afterwards, and learn a thing or two about managing/business.
                        My dad always tells me that if he could go back and do it again, he wouldn't have mastered in both, and gotten an MBA instead.
                        But EE will get you a stable job. Don't expect much though with the degree by itself, if you get into power delivery.
                        That being said, my father was a Vice President of Vectra, Duke, Shaw, and Pike. Really hardworking guy. I aspire to be like him one day.

However, in my own case, I'm gonna pair up my Economics Degree with Environmental Studies/Systems so I can get into renewables.
                        Currently, I'm applying for internships right & left.

GL homie.

1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                        1992 Volvo 240 Wagon

Comment

i go to a jc, suck it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
                            i go to a jc, suck it.
                            what are you studying there? plan on going to a univ. after?

Honestly, sometimes, despite the pressures of society, I wish i had gone the CC route. I am going to be in so much fucking debt. FML

1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                            1992 Volvo 240 Wagon

Comment

I wish I had someone in my family to be my inspiration, unfortuneately I do not. Neither of my parents graduated, my 33 half brother is in great debt, my older sister is living on her own; but hardly, and my older brother might not even graduate this year from HS. The only thing he has going for him is that he is a male cheerleader, whom get a shit ton of scholarships.

On that note I don't know shit about degree or half of what you just said.

I got the intern part. I applied to one. I hope I get it. $400 a week for 10 weeks during summer.

Comment

what are you studying there? plan on going to a univ. after?

Honestly, sometimes, despite the pressures of society, I wish i had gone the CC route. I am going to be in so much fucking debt. FML
                                I'll probably do that. It seems the easiest grades-wise, and the smartest financially. Anyways...i'm off for the night guys. Be back tomorrow morning.
                                The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
                                Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
                                2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                                2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Working...
                                X