This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
    Never ever buy cheap tires. Remember this when you are spinning you car from lack of traction.
    thats what I say, it's what connects you to the road.
    "I wanna see da boat movie"
    "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

tires for my car run about $800 all said and done. the lowest i've ever paid was $400 and those i regretted right into a curb and fucked up my car.
      Much wow
      I hate 4 doors

Comment

I usually end up at about $550 a set mounted at a local wheelworks. discounttiredirect.com
        cars beep boop

Comment

Just got 2 new tires for my m and it was a little more than $400
          "I wanna see da boat movie"
          "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

Anyone wanna buy a WRX so I can get to work on the E30? Two stock cars es no bueno.

Comment

anyone know anything about this motor? The guy is selling it "for a friend" and it's been stored for 20 years... no paperwork.
              cars beep boop

Comment

Just because there getting mounted at Walmart doesn't mean there tires night at Walmart ;) I'm mounting some ra-1's.
                hopefully I don't die in the rain season ;D

Comment

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
                  Just because there getting mounted at Walmart doesn't mean there tires night at Walmart ;) I'm mounting some ra-1's.
                  hopefully I don't die in the rain season ;D
                  sok, you dont have an engine to power them this winter.

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                  anyone know anything about this motor? The guy is selling it "for a friend" and it's been stored for 20 years... no paperwork.
                  I'm HIV+ you don't want that. running a motor that modded will cost a fortune and since it hasn't cranked in 20 years you no clue why it was pulled or condition of the internals. Do it right, build your own.
                  Much wow
                  I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                    Lowball him and grab it. Then pop off the valve cover and dump some Lucas or marvel all over, and a cap full into each spark plug hole and let it sit overnight. Next day turn the crank a couple times by hand, drain that shit out, put fresh oil, and good to go!

Those old motors don't have hydraulic lifters to freeze up and shit, as long as it isn't blown up, should be ok. Rubber gaskets mite be all fubar'd...
                    IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

so the more full story is that it sat for 20 years, then they built it into the turbo motor, ran it for six hours in a SCCA Solo 1 2002, crashed the car. I'm going there on saturday to see if they're legit.

Their current asking price is less than what it would cost for just the machine work my M10 needs.
                      cars beep boop

Comment

Cary, your not worried about rust ripping apart the rings, if block is running studs or bolts and valves rusted closed and open?
                        Much wow
                        I hate 4 doors

Comment

Got a race skids cross brace in today. GC's should come tomorrow. Also received a pair of headrests that I'll be putting in the rear. I'm getting the brackets locally in the next day or two.
                          The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
                          Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
                          2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                          2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

we will see.

also the iX guy is offering me a low, low price to remove it from his garage. how much is a 4door manual dschwartz iX worth in good nick? 4k or so, yeah?
                            cars beep boop

Comment

guys my car was this weird as fuck loud noise coming from pass side front

sounds like a big piece of plastic stuck in wheels of a bike; faster I go, faster and louder it gets

starts @20+, doesnt stop at 100. Car has to be moving. I r3v engine super high with clutch engaged and nothing happens

Comment

do you have a big piece of plastic stuck on your tire? check if the wheel well trim is loose.

EDIT: post 9001 in this thread! it's over 9000, etc
                                Last edited by kronus; 10-04-2012, 06:57 PM.
                                cars beep boop

Comment

Working...
                                X