Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone pick this up, not sure if this is for real RHD but 1200 or OBO is ridiculous cheap!
    - 98 M3 Cabrio
    Photo work: http://www.herbreal.com
    Instagram: @herbreal
    Twitter:the_herb_real

Comment

So I went to check out that turbo M10. Full story is, guy and his friends raced all sorts of cars in the early 80s, he was big into 510s, his friend into 2002s. He built a scca 2002 for his friend, who blew an oil line onto his front tires in the esses at infineon (which was apparently a much scarier track back then) and stuffed it into a wall after six hours of use. He kept the motor in storage, and is now selling it. The turbo is toast, about 2mm of shaft play side to side, which is strange given the supposed six hours of use. Head got ported out by a guy that later on went to build a lot of winning nascar motors, but it didn't look too special to me, just hogged the hell out. Forged stock bore Mahle pistons, stock bottom end. Probably not going to go for it, since people are pretty much giving M10s away these days.

so, now, I'm in the warehouse making the six have six cylinders again.
      cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by HerbReal View Post
        http://slo.craigslist.org/cto/3303607825.html

Someone pick this up, not sure if this is for real RHD but 1200 or OBO is ridiculous cheap!
        Pictures are taken with a laptop webcam or similar, it's all reversed. Look at the writing on his shirt and the badges on the nissan.

Just did this:
        The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
        Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
        2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
        2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Vivek,

Word, 1200 is still cheap though, not sure if that year/model is desired around here. I wanted to do the headrests on the back also. Looks very very good!
          - 98 M3 Cabrio
          Photo work: http://www.herbreal.com
          Instagram: @herbreal
          Twitter:the_herb_real

Comment

Honestly the early m10 318i is the worst e30 unless you're looking for a SUPER light base because it was the lightest e30. But 1200 isn't bad if its a good running car.

Just picked this up for free. No clue if it works but...it was free:

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
            2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

[quote=Vivek;3401539]Honestly the early m10 318i is the worst e30 unless you're looking for a SUPER light base because it was the lightest e30. But 1200 isn't bad if its a good running car.

I had a 84 318i that was one of the best e30's I have ever owned. 30 plus MPG all day long, really nimble on the back roads. Yes they are underpowered, but it was one of the funnest commuter cars I have ever owned. When I finally retired the car, I parted what I could and drove it to C.A.R. program. I ended up getting $1000 from the state, and $800 for the parts. So $1200 wouldn't be a bad deal, in long run you could most likely make money in the end.
              http://importmotorsparts.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Albuquerque30 View Post
                Not to discredit you, you sure the handle hasn't just slid forward a little?
                Originally posted by golde30 View Post
                ^+1. Sounds like the handle is forward. Try pushing it inwards and see I the button doesn't appear again.
                aaaaand my newness to E30 shows lol. you saved me some time, thanks guys haha.

Originally posted by ASDTANk View Post
                what body kit is this??

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
                is it still out there or did you pick it up? I'd be interested in the rear valence if you got it.

Comment

Haha. Sometimes the easiest fix might not the most obvious either.

WTB NorCal: Z4 shifter + misc. parts

Comment

got dat timing belt on.
                    ETA is coming along smoothly for once, hopefully no more hiccups.

Comment

Sweet! Too bad it's an ETA. ;)

Comment

I have this friday off. Hopefully I can install all my suspension stuff I have waiting for me next weekend. I just need to order front sway bar links and a couple bushings from silence.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                        2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

What's so bad about ETA? Is the M20 325i the best of the e30 lot?

Comment

^Yes basically. Some people love m10's for boost, and some crazy idiots (me) love their m42's, but the m20i is the best engine.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                            2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

I just joke. I used to have an eta, so I know what it's like. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Vivek View Post
                                ^Yes basically. Some people love m10's for boost, and some crazy idiots (me) love their m42's, but the m20i is the best engine.
                                Your post is very bias. There is no "best" engine.

I am thinking about picking up some 15x7 wheels for cheap to run while I save for some better wheels. Does anyone have any 15" tires for sale?

Comment

Working...
                                X