Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a girl that is gets very jealous. I told her I was going to Bimmerfest a few days ago and she just told me she doesn't want me to go because of all the chicks that will be running around. She threatened to break up with me if I went. Like holy shit-balls. We have been dating for almost 2 1/2 years..

Comment

Interpersonal Communication buff chiming in

^^^
      She's got self-esteem issues. Assure her you've only got eyes for her rrrrrrawr ;)
      And tell her she's pretty.. All girls are pretty... Unless they're just sluts.. Then they're just sluts..

Comment

Originally posted by mbonanni View Post
        I have a girl that is gets very jealous. I told her I was going to Bimmerfest a few days ago and she just told me she doesn't want me to go because of all the chicks that will be running around. She threatened to break up with me if I went. Like holy shit-balls. We have been dating for almost 2 1/2 years..

My girl is the opposite. She never doubted me about anything. She trusts me fully (and I do my best to keep that trust). No drama and no BS with her. She even lets me work on my girl friend's car even if it will just be me and her in the house. Trust is key in a relationship

Comment

Originally posted by JinormusJ View Post
          Interpersonal Communication buff chiming in

^^^
          She's got self-esteem issues. Assure her you've only got eyes for her rrrrrrawr ;)
          And tell her she's pretty.. All girls are pretty... Unless they're just sluts.. Then they're just sluts..
          I know she does. She has been screwed over many times which is why I think why. I do my best to comfort her. I just hope its enough so shes is cool with letting me go to bimmerfest.

She may threaten to break up with me, but I know she would never do it. She cares for me way to much. Just very jealous.

Comment

damn,
            i could imagine maybe my gf being bummed i was gone, but nothing like that :crazy:

but i invited her, she is my best friend after all haha.

Comment

How precious is the relationship to you..? I dare suggest it, but if you really care for her, shes a good girl, your going steady, and you see the relationship has a future (eg, marriage in the future): I would stay home and do something with her that day.
              When the rubber hits the road, an e30 is just a car, Bimmerfest is just another event, and people are humans, and at the end of the day, humans who truly care about you are the most invaluable asset to you.

I'm not saying be whipped in anyway, but it would definitely mean the world to her.
              What if she came along with you and made it a "road trip date"? Lol

Comment

I invited her with, but one of my friend that I am going with is a major douche (he honestly is, but I have known him forever and I love him) and she does not care for him so she won't go. Going with him is my only way because if not then money becomes a huge issue.

She is great to me, we have something good. I can/can't see something going for us because she wants to move away and go to college when I do not.

I honestly think that she mainly does not want me to go is because she will be lonely the whole weekend.

Comment

Hmm.. Thats a tough one man. I'd honestly offer my advice, but I don't think it's exactly what you'd like to hear, so unless you request it, I'll keep quiet...

Best of luck though! I myself can't wait for B-Fest.
                  5-speed swap will be had next week!! :-D

Comment

dump her now it will only get worse. clingy make life duel and shitty.
                    *this might be too hard to see now but you'll see it late and regret it*
                    Much wow
                    I hate 4 doors

Comment

Wow. I'm sure you really love her after 2.5 years but i don't think my gf has ever really threatened to break up with me, and I wouldn't either. In the end, she's more important than bimmerfest, and I would probably either bring her or stay home with her. But I'd recognize that it's absolutely not okay for her to try to control your life like that. If you're too waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles to break up with her, it's all good. I honestly wouldn't blame you at all even though many would say dump her. I'd probably be too much of a waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles to break up with her because of that.
                      The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
                      Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
                      2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                      2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

I have most likely heard/thought of it so go ahead and give me your advice.

And, i have heard the whole break up with her bs a million times. Yea, it might be the right thing, but I enjoy our relationship right now. She is a whole heap of talk when she says she will break up with me, and I know it because i've done things she said not to tons of times.

I would love to drive down to bimmerfest. mainly for the caravan. I can't imagine how much fun that would be.

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
                          dump her now it will only get worse. clingy make life duel and shitty.
                          *this might be too hard to see now but you'll see it late and regret it*
                          She is graduating this year, and I am graduating next year. If summer does not go smooth then We might have to break up or take a break because I won't want to deal with it while I go through my senior year and all my AP classes. She is also moving out to the Midwest the year I graduate, and if I do not want to go then we will breakup simple as that, but the relationsip has its ups/down and what not.

Comment

I have most likely heard/thought of it so go ahead and give me your advice.
                            Alrite.. Here goes :(

Sounds to me like she's only keeping you around just cause she wants to feel the security you give her. She isn't exactly interested in the relationship, or you for that matter, but more interested in what she can get from it. Clingy girls are hard to gauge if they really truly because they'll do everything a true marriage potential would do, except the the wrong motives and note tons entirely.

If she's pulling ish like threatening to break up with you and looking for ways out of the relationship (eg, moving away for school), it really shows how dedicated she is to the relationship, which in this case, the cold hard facts is: she isn't.

I would NEVER dare say to the woman I love dearly I drop the relationship just to get what I wanted from her... In a sense, that's verbal rape.

I just noticed your high school age. Just some $.02; high school relationships, as "fun" as they seem, are not worth the effort of getting over the emotional scars later in life with your spouse. I would honestly drop it and stay girl-free til your ready to date with the intentions of marrying..

Comment

my wife supports me in everything.
                              if your girl is willing to dump you over silly shit. shes a bad egg.

We might have to break up or take a break because...
                              thats a lot of pain in the ass. loose her fast

never once in the 3 years i dated my wife did we have a real fight or think about breaking up.
                              Last edited by Cabriolet; 04-19-2012, 10:49 PM.
                              Much wow
                              I hate 4 doors

Comment

I know she is dedicated because whenever I go against her word and do something she doesn't approve of she open her arms to me, and all I have to do is comfort her. I have a hard time explaining it, but I know that she just does not want me to hurt her.

BTW, I was just sucking up to her and she said that we will see, and if I find a way for me and her to go then she will.

Comment

Working...
                                X