Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it a bad idea to drive with your windows down in the rain? Nothing's getting soaked, the dash and everything up there stays dry, i'm just more worried about water getting into the gaps where the windows are and such. I ask because it's normally not that cold when it's raining, everything likes to get foggy, and I really like having my windows/top down for fresh air/openness.
    The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
    Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
    2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
    2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

schools out! woo hoo!

Patrick - IG:niicknac
      RIP 1987 BMW 325is - S50'd ZF 6-speed, flared, bagged

Comment

Originally posted by Vivek View Post
        Is it a bad idea to drive with your windows down in the rain? Nothing's getting soaked, the dash and everything up there stays dry, i'm just more worried about water getting into the gaps where the windows are and such. I ask because it's normally not that cold when it's raining, everything likes to get foggy, and I really like having my windows/top down for fresh air/openness.
        Thats a horrible idea
        Soon, the minuscule millimeters of water that get into the window cracks will revolt and attack the inner areas of your door. Soon your car will be a rotting mess in 80 years. Even if just one drop gets in there, you're screwed. Sorry man.. You're out of luck

Speaking of which, I enjoyed blasting down the freeway this morning while it was raining with my windows down. Zat vury good feel bdro

Comment

:rofl: I've driven with my top down when it's drizzling. It's honestly fun as fuck and it's normally decently warm when it rains.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
          2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Still need some 14" tires guys!!
            Last edited by mbonanni; 12-06-2012, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Blahhhhhhh what's up internets

Comment

Originally posted by oliver.r View Post
                morning guyzzz
                we got a 2010 x-drive x5 sport in shop yesterday, that thing is incredible
                It's on my list to buy in the next 2-4 months.... the 3.5i version... super sick!
                '88 M3.2 S54 Lachssilber/Black
                '07 335i Alpine/Black Sedan
                '12 X5 3.5i Alpine/Black
                iS Splitters For Sale, PM ME!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
                  Blahhhhhhh what's up internets
                  Research paper on Aristotle. Got about 2 and a half pages left.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                  2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

just got my NOS heckspoiler ayee

stay tuned for a shoot of my car soon tho
                    after danny gets me my is' lip;)

Comment

Originally posted by Vivek View Post
                      Research paper on Aristotle. Got about 2 and a half pages left.
                      Your teacher wants to know what the fudge he did/contributed to the world millions of years ago? You should ask him if he's really going to read your damn paper or someone else like his TA because you're teacher is lazy as hell. Thank God I'm not in the K-12 system at this date. It's horrible, might as well write a paper on why did adam didn't bone eve!
                      - 98 M3 Cabrio
                      Photo work: http://www.herbreal.com
                      Instagram: @herbreal
                      Twitter:the_herb_real

Comment

Originally posted by HerbReal View Post
                        [...]his TA because you're teacher is lazy as hell. Thank God I'm not in the K-12 system at this date. [...] why did adam didn't bone eve!
                        Maybe you should investigate returning to the K-12 system.

Joking aside, I met with the 323i's owner.. I think he was feeding me porky pies but couldn't tell. Says he'll give me a dogleg M20 trans to go with it. Should I get it? No photos for now other than this, my phone fails utterly in the dark.
                        cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by HerbReal View Post
                          Your teacher wants to know what the fudge he did/contributed to the world millions of years ago? You should ask him if he's really going to read your damn paper or someone else like his TA because you're teacher is lazy as hell. Thank God I'm not in the K-12 system at this date. It's horrible, might as well write a paper on why did adam didn't bone eve!
                          Lol my friend is currently helping me edit parts of it and she says it's the worst shit she's ever read and that I couldn't have possibly thought it was good. All of that is basically true, but in a regular history class it's probably above average. Idk if he's going to read it, but I know that the actual paper is only worth 50% of the assignment (everything leading up to it is the other half) and I'm pretty sure he hasn't read shit so far. If you submitted something by the due date you get credit..meh.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                          2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                            Maybe you should investigate returning to the K-12 system.

Joking aside, I met with the 323i's owner.. I think he was feeding me porky pies but couldn't tell. Says he'll give me a dogleg M20 trans to go with it. Should I get it? No photos for now other than this, my phone fails utterly in the dark.
                            oh hell ya
                            Much wow
                            I hate 4 doors

Comment

woooo finals. cramming like mad, then 24hr final sat-sun.
                              2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                              95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                              98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

those are the best!
                                cars beep boop

Comment

Working...
                                X