• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ruined my mojo.

Comment

Originally posted by mbonanni View Post
      No.

Only cars that have a motor in it that is newer than the car, and a different one from the factory. I think.

And this is only in CA. Go to Texas, or anywhere else and you're good.
      its cause cali's got the largest population

Patrick - IG:niicknac
      RIP 1987 BMW 325is - S50'd ZF 6-speed, flared, bagged

Comment

Let me be more specific.. I'll be having the pleasure of dealing with these wonderful people when I'm thinking of doing my s54 swap..? :-P

Comment

Originally posted by JinormusJ View Post
          Let me be more specific.. I'll be having the pleasure of dealing with these wonderful people when I'm thinking of doing my s54 swap..? :-P
          i need to get my s50 BAR'd im wondering the same thing

Patrick - IG:niicknac
          RIP 1987 BMW 325is - S50'd ZF 6-speed, flared, bagged

Comment

If you guys want to have your car 100% legal on the road then yes. I believe you cannot smog your car legally either.

Because they will smog an e30 325i to its requirements, but you have an s5x which will be totally diff. the bar allows the smog place to smog your car as an m3

Comment

Pretty much =/

Or like previously stated, dont drive like a dick. Any normal cop isn't going to randomly ask you to pop your hood, unless you have drag tires in the back with a wheelie bar and straight pipes to top it off lol. But you never know

Comment

Originally posted by mbonanni View Post
                If you guys want to have your car 100% legal on the road then yes. I believe you cannot smog your car legally either.

Because they will smog an e30 325i to its requirements, but you have an s5x which will be totally diff. the bar allows the smog place to smog your car as an m3
                But then I would essentially have to wire in all the sensors, etc. that came stock on the s5x engine, correct..?

Bah.. This is why I'd rather buy an engine and pay someone to do my swap...

I doubt cops could even recognize an OEM engine swap as it is. They usually only check to see if you dont have a turbo and it says BMW.. But meh.. I've never been pulled over in a turbo or swapped car, so I can't give any $.02...

Comment

What he said.

I really want a blue e30. There is one for sale right now but its $5200. Factory blue paint Ahhh Wtf.

Comment

But then I would essentially have to wire in all the sensors, etc. that came stock on the s5x engine, correct..?

As far as I know... Yes. But what do I know, I'm only a 17 y/o that reads random stuff on his off time.

Is call a bar referre place and get real answers.

And find parts for under $2k and it'd be worth it.

Comment

I doubt cops could even recognize an OEM engine swap as it is. They usually only check to see if you dont have a turbo and it says BMW.. But meh.. I've never been pulled over in a turbo or swapped car, so I can't give any $.02...
                      You need to carry over all emissions equipment for it to be approved by BAR. For an S54 swap that means the MSS54 DME, cats, unmodified CCV, secondary air pump, evap, etc.
                      -Kalim

British Racing Green, IE Springs/Bilsteins, IE exhaust, IE SSK,
                      Momo shift knob, Miller MAF conversion, K&N intake,
                      Blackworks Aluminum Radiator, 5MT swapped,
                      Ellipsoids w/DDM HIDs, OEM Recaro Sports, Momo Mod07 Wheel,
                      Drilled+Slotted Rotors, Alpine HU/Amp/speakers, 12" enclosed sub

Comment

Oh, and I think its hard to also pass with upd cans and other internals. Idk how they'd know, but yea.

Most likely won't pass visual with hot cams ;)

Lol

Comment

Originally posted by cyberkaa View Post
                          You need to carry over all emissions equipment for it to be approved by BAR. For an S54 swap that means the MSS54 DME, cats, unmodified CCV, secondary air pump, evap, etc.
                          Goody! More restrictive smog crap to waste money on..

Eh.. I don't need to care for another 4 years. I've got too much planned on everything else besides the engine to worry about swapping anytime soon.

Comment

You could've asked in like four years /:

Sheesh. People these days. Jp

Is that e30 getting hangtime in your avatar?

Comment

Haha! Hey, every little bit of information now helps :-P
                              Yeah, it's about 4 feet off the ground.

Makes me smile every time I see it :')

Comment

Haha I feel ya.

And that is awesome.

Anyone see the top gear episode with the e30's in it. I love the colors they chose.

Comment

Working...
                                X