No announcement yet.

San Diego gathering?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob called me at 11 saying the e30 was done. I figured people would rather see the e30, so I tried to pick it up quickly and head up there. Naturally, I spent two hours at Trolley picking up my car, talking to Bob, and grabbing e34 parts. Sorry I couldn't make it.

Comment

Originally posted by permit
      Bob called me at 11 saying the e30 was done. I figured people would rather see the e30, so I tried to pick it up quickly and head up there. Naturally, I spent two hours at Trolley picking up my car, talking to Bob, and grabbing e34 parts. Sorry I couldn't make it.

its cool, you didnt miss much. i'd like to see the car before you go back to arizona though...

Comment

Originally posted by permit
        Is the car up and running on all 6 glorious cylinders? Did Trolley slap on a different head?
        San Diego BMW repair -> Jake @ www.littlecarshop.com Great guy :up:

Comment

Turns out the head didn't have a bent valve. Infact, I got 175 compression across the line. Three months ago the compression in the first cylinder was 15-20psi less than the other five, and a leak down showed it had a bent valve. So, I am now righteously confused about why my engine is missing power, but as far as I know, it is now running on all 6 glorious cylinders

I wish I had got the car earlier so I could pace myself against you Todd, just to prove my car is still slower than it should be.

Comment

Strange.... At first 170 looked kinda low, but I checked the Bentley, and it's above the minimum of 142-156 psi.

Maybe you had some crap stuck in the valve seat that wasn't allowing the valve to fully close... The engine I got from Trolley had tons of crap in the combustion chambers, since it had been sitting in the yard for about 4 years.

If we ever do 'compare pace', keep in mind that I'm rocking a 4.10 :D Jason's car is probably a better comparison. I still need to see how my car compares to his...
            San Diego BMW repair -> Jake @ www.littlecarshop.com Great guy :up:

Comment

Working...
            X