Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Driving from Tampa, FL to Califonia this weekend.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Driving from Tampa, FL to Califonia this weekend.

So my buddy is moving to California this weekend (specifically Long Beach) but we're going to visit a few friends in Santa Barbara. We're leaving Friday afternoon and hope to make it by Sunday night with non-stop driving. I'll only be there till Tuesday night when I have to fly back home.

Apparently he has some friends that are in the drift scene in Santa Barbara and are gonna show us a good time one night there. Any chance someone here with an e30 is part of that group? We're driving a stock ass s14 zenki there lol. Or perhaps any cool driving roads from someone who lives in the area. Here in Florida we're stuck with flat roads... :/ sucks.

Sorry for the randomness. Chilling at the airport currently, waiting for some family to come in from the motherland (Poland):yawn:
    1990 325is Brilliantrot/Natur

Dude that ain't safe. Please don't do it non-stop.
    I've driven for close that amount of time, trying to make it to Memphis non-stop ... wasn't a good idea.

Give it a few dayz.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
    1983 Peugeot 505 STI
    1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
    2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Driven to Cali from Fl twice, no way you can do it in that amount of time. Take a couple of more days and go through Denver, best roads ever from Denver to San Fran. Then take the 101 south to santa barbara.

J

Comment

That's what I was thinking. Doesn't it take at least about a week to drive cross country? Anyways I'm sure your drifto friends should know done good road around here

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
        DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Drove non-stop with friends from Miami to Dallas when I was 20 years old. Took 21 hrs and I was hating life towards the end of the trip.

Comment

Haha damn, I wasn't expecting it to be like that. I've driven with my father cross-country multiple times. He's a owner/operator semi driver. Plus I'll be switching off with my friend. When he's Driving, I'm sleeping. I think it'll be fine. Plus I'm trying to see as much of California as I can.

Comment

There's a show called Played Out on saturday at Sunset Beach, should be tight. I'll be there, try to come out.
              Got all da Alpine bitches mad cuz my main bitch Calypso.

Comment

Originally posted by MR.LUGO View Post
                There's a show called Played Out on saturday at Sunset Beach, should be tight. I'll be there, try to come out.
                I'd love to go but I won't be there quite in time. Should make it Sunday night, Monday morning ish.

Comment

I have no idea how fast you are planning on going, but it took me 19 hours hauling ass to get from LA to Amarillo TX one time, and google maps has your whole trip at 39 hours, believe me, sleeping in a car is a lot different than in a big rig sleeper. After 40 hours straight you wont even be awake to enjoy california

29 Model A // 55 GMC 100 // 66 C10 // 72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo // 75 CB500T Custom // 04 BMW M3 // 13 BMW 328i Sport

72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo Build Thread // INSTAGRAM
                  Gewerkschaft der Polizei Sticker/Clings For Sale $8

Comment

you guys will be fine. 3 days to make it across country non-stop? Totally do-able.
                    ***Affordable Powder Coating Here:***
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...=1#post2074588
                    *** Bay Area/NorCal Fender Rolling Here: ***
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...29#post1989029

***If you've ever bought anything from/dealt with me please add feedback!!:
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=137611***

Thank You!

Comment

Well we've decided to leave a little bit earlier than expected. Going to work for a few hours and then leaving. We're going to see the Grand Canyon and any other badass things we can while we're on our way out to California.

Comment

My wife and i drive as a team non stop to arkansas in 24hours. I have done it 5 times both ways.
                        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Originally posted by QUKBMER View Post
                          My wife and i drive as a team non stop to arkansas in 24hours. I have done it 5 times both ways.
                          That's good to hear. I mean, me and the guy I'm going with are both in our 20s and have some redbull. I'm used to extreme conditions, I don't think it will be a problem.

I cannot wait for this trip.

Comment

Driving fast is not the key though.;)................shift changes is.
                            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

I've done pretty much the same drive, twice. From Los Angeles to Jacksonville and back. 40 hours. Did it in 3 days, each leg from 14-16 hours straight just stopping for petrol. It's not too bad but good luck. I was damn near falling asleep behind the wheel the first night in new Mexico. Los Angeles CA-demming NM, demming NM-vidor TX, vidor TX-Jacksonville FL

1987 Delphin 325IS
                              LS1•TSP 228r• condor speed shop solid subframe, diff, fcab, mounts•Airlift air ride suspension•e36 ps rack•Eibach sways•16" Spal puller•bbk 310mm front & rear•17" BBS RS•
                              Build Thread
                              1993 alpine 2 325IC
                              •Ground control coilovers•16" BBS RS• momo woodgrain

Comment

Working...
                              X