Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

318i electrical Wiring disaster!

Yoh what up guys! This is the mess ive made, need help
    putting some new electrical wiring together.
    I need to removed the fuse box and install a brand new one ( saw one at the pick a parts in wilmington today)
    couldnt take it out!

Who can give me a hand ?
    Ill give you some money, im a broke as college student but
    hey i can give you something lol
    would really appreciate it bros!

Im located in Downey CAClick image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0509.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	7228128
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0508.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	7228129

Holy cow.

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
    DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Originally posted by e30_pare View Post
      holy cow.
      +1

Originally posted by Rocla
      And yes, you must remove complete assembly from the car, unless you are a gynegologist

Comment

Why would you make mess ?
        sigpic

Comment

Is the fuse box any different than the one you have currently, why do you need to replace it, these are all factors in determining what you need, if you are looking to put a fuse box with any sort of difference chances are you may want the entire harness, then yes nightmare..however if you are looking to simply replace the fuse box, cut that one out as it sits, and re solder the wires to the matching colors, assuming the are the same of course...any difference in the wiring harness or fuse box and this could be disastrous so check part numbers model and years to make sure it is the same.

29 Model A // 55 GMC 100 // 66 C10 // 72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo // 75 CB500T Custom // 04 BMW M3 // 13 BMW 328i Sport

72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo Build Thread // INSTAGRAM
          Gewerkschaft der Polizei Sticker/Clings For Sale $8

Comment

good lord thats a mess........
            84 318i drift car
            04 mk4 gti 1.8t
            96 e320
            63 plymouth valiant

Comment

Originally posted by xxla81xx View Post
              Why would you make mess ?
              tried changing some wires cause there was a short somewhere i think it was the radio.
              anywho
              fuse 23 keep going out,
              so finally checked the fuse box and it was fried.

:)

Comment

Originally posted by semaj4712 View Post
                Is the fuse box any different than the one you have currently, why do you need to replace it, these are all factors in determining what you need, if you are looking to put a fuse box with any sort of difference chances are you may want the entire harness, then yes nightmare..however if you are looking to simply replace the fuse box, cut that one out as it sits, and re solder the wires to the matching colors, assuming the are the same of course...any difference in the wiring harness or fuse box and this could be disastrous so check part numbers model and years to make sure it is the same.
                oh dude the car i saw at the junk yard was the same month and year.
                reason i want to replace it is cause fuse 23 is melted and its keeps going out.
                so i assumed there was a short somewhere maybe radio?
                not sure yet, new to this so im still trying to figure this out.
                Only thing that tripped me out was the bmw at the junkyard had an alarm so some of the wires underneath the fusebox where attached to a black wire and clip.

I also need someone just to check the wires while there out.
                Cause 5 months ago i had a friend help me install it and we used black tape but it melted and while i was driving the instrumental panel started smoking up. pulled over right away, and yanked the radio out and the tape had melted and it burned some wires around it. it was mostly the ground it burned!

Right now im using direct metal as ground.

Comment

Originally posted by kman_e30 View Post
                  good lord thats a mess........
                  seriously dude!
                  i need someone to help me out on this mess,
                  i can put it back together i just need someone to help me fix the problem.

Comment

If it melted the tape then you need to replace those wires with a thicker gauge wire, that should solve the issue, and if all else fails...0 gauge should do the trick :)

29 Model A // 55 GMC 100 // 66 C10 // 72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo // 75 CB500T Custom // 04 BMW M3 // 13 BMW 328i Sport

72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo Build Thread // INSTAGRAM
                    Gewerkschaft der Polizei Sticker/Clings For Sale $8

Comment

Just rip all the wiring out lay it out & start over... Your pretty much there already.

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
                      DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Uh damn bro.:?:
                        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Working...
                        X