Bay Area Bimmers needed for article profile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

schweeet.
    Got all da Alpine bitches mad cuz my main bitch Calypso.

Comment

Me like....

Comment

OMGZ the tension is killing me :D

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
        1983 Peugeot 505 STI
        1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
        2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Hey everyone, the article is up - check it out, tell a friend. I'll get the photos loaded up for y'all by the end of the week. If you like it, leave a comment over on Petrolicious and spread the word.

For many, the generation of BMW 3-series built from 1982 until 1994—identified by enthusiasts with the car’s chassis code, E30—represent the ultimate “Ultimate Driving Machine.” Crisp handling coupled with driver-oriented ergonomics and timeless looks make even the economy-minded “eta” model a joy to drive. There’s something about the car that is appealing to a broad range of people, even today, something that makes it a modern classic.

Comment

Nice write up. You did have a typo however, what is an S16 motor? The M3 has an S14. I wish I could have brought my M3 out so the whole line up would have been more or less covered. Oh well, next time.

Will
            '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
            '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
            '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
            '88 BMW M3

Comment

Very nice! I should also point out that Farzads other car is S5x swapped, I think...I feel like I would've noticed an S14 but perhaps I'm thinking of the wrong car.
              sigpic

Always chasin'

Comment

Yeah, I picked up on the error after it was posted - looks like the typo was introduced after I sent over the article for publication. Not to mention it isn't even an s14 swap...sorry Farzad. We'll make the correction.

Also, I was thinking of doing M3 as a separate article. It's a substantially different car from the regular e30 and would be a nice companion piece.

Comment

Awesome write up man!

Comment

Originally posted by canakami View Post
                    Very nice! I should also point out that Farzads other car is S5x swapped, I think...I feel like I would've noticed an S14 but perhaps I'm thinking of the wrong car.
                    1991 318is s50.

Comment

Looks great Jonathon. Love how you incorporated all of the cars, giving an array of the different styles within the e30 range.

Also can't wait to see the other photos ... gonna need a new desktop wallpaper :D

1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                      1992 Volvo 240 Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by Jglaze View Post
                        Yeah, I picked up on the error after it was posted - looks like the typo was introduced after I sent over the article for publication. Not to mention it isn't even an s14 swap...sorry Farzad. We'll make the correction.

Also, I was thinking of doing M3 as a separate article. It's a substantially different car from the regular e30 and would be a nice companion piece.
                        Let me know. I'd be happy to bring the car out. Just give me some time to touch up the paint chips and scrapes on the lower front valance (I really wish I could come up with an easy way to raise the front of the car.) Driveways and ramps (for doing oil changes ect) are doing a number on the front of the car. Not to mention I can't even run the front splitter. I've already ripped it off the car once. :curse:

I think doing an evolution of the E30 would be kinda cool. No, we can't get a true Sport Evo (since they are still illegal to import to the US) but there are a few good clones out there. Start with the bottom of the barrel simple 318 and move up from there. Yes, there is very little E30 on the exterior of an M3 (roof skin and hood), but the core is the same. The M3 is a brilliant display of taking a basic car, and designing another with a single minded purpose; to win races at a World Championship level. There were lots of directions they could have gone, but they didn't. The result being the most successful race car platform BMW has built to date. Not to mention the fact that they had to sell the car to be legal to play as well.

Will
                        '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                        '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                        '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                        '88 BMW M3

Comment

Its all good for the error, Its an s50 swap. Very nice article.

Comment

you host any of the other pics yet? :D

1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                            1992 Volvo 240 Wagon

Comment

I sent him a message on r3v, has not repli3ddddzz

Comment

My car should be ready next month if you need a m3

Comment

Working...
                                X