No announcement yet.

Sacramento Whats it like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

besides california hating cars, it's not that bad. I like it better than I thought I was going to but it's definitely not the Bay Area. My advice, buy a house, don't rent if possible
    ***Affordable Powder Coating Here:***
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...=1#post2074588
    *** Bay Area/NorCal Fender Rolling Here: ***
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...29#post1989029

***If you've ever bought anything from/dealt with me please add feedback!!:
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=137611***

Thank You!

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
      It's almost the butthole of California, but Modesto takes the title.
      Modesto? Have you ever been to Stockton? Have you ever been to Fresno?

Actually Modesto is pretty bad too.
      world renown Harry Potter expert
      sigpic

Comment

There are quite a few members here form the Sacramento region. I'm ninety miles up the road in Chico. It might be worth a visit. There's lots of hiking, biking around here.
        1990 Alpine 325iC.

Comment

Sac checking in

It sucks
          But in your case, anything is better than Arizona

I bought a bike recently, and there are bike trails everywhere, the e30 scene is pretty nice, Downtown and Old town are pretty exciting (especially to bike through), American River is fantastic in the summer, and the surrounding cities (Auburn, Stockton, San Fransisco) all have something different to offer on visits.

Just stay out of South Sac and you'll be fine

Comment

Originally posted by JinormusJ View Post
            Sac checking in

It sucks
            But in your case, anything is better than Arizona

I bought a bike recently, and there are bike trails everywhere, the e30 scene is pretty nice, Downtown and Old town are pretty exciting (especially to bike through), American River is fantastic in the summer, and the surrounding cities (Auburn, Stockton, San Fransisco) all have something different to offer on visits.

Just stay out of South Sac and you'll be fine
            Is there any meets around somewhere? Ill have my Euro e28 with me.
            I haven't been in a meet in years.

Comment

Originally posted by xxx-Lost-Soul-xxx View Post
              Is there any meets around somewhere? Ill have my Euro e28 with me.
              I haven't been in a meet in years.
              Not in Sac, unless you want to roll with the typical salvage e46 M3 meatheads

There are some nice meets westward: San Jose, San Fransisco; those are two big e30 hot spots up in NorCal.

Head on over to NorCal chat and say Hi. We have a group of about 15 regulars and most of the guys and gals go to and plan meets off and on. I'm prepping my new e30 to finally make it to its first official Norcal e30 meet sometime in this next month. Heck, they just had three in the last 2 weeks. Most of the meets in Sac will have you wishing you coughed up the extra gas money and drove to a quality meet around the Bay area

Too many people doing burnouts, revving excessively, and mad-tyte street racing YO! Its just extra noise that I personally don't put up with
              Last edited by JinormusJ; 02-02-2013, 05:31 PM.

Comment

sac is gay but gets better as you come closer to the ocean, sorry fellow sac members. I know people who live there
                "I wanna see da boat movie"
                "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

None taken; I'm SoCal born and raised. Orange County for life suckas

Sacramento is new, but gets boring quick; Bay area is nice. I don't mind living in Sac though, but for fun stuff, look into doing some traveling because there isn't much to do in-city

Comment

Sac is what you make of it. I moved to sac from Vail, Co so it was definitely a let down compared to that. It took a while but I have come to be quite comfortable here. It's biggest advantage is that if you go west 1.5 hr you are in SF, if you go east 1.5 hr you are in Tahoe. The weird part about sac is how the ghetto parts can be mixed with the nice neighborhoods within a couple of blocks or so. But if you can find a place in E. sac, Tahoe park, midtown, or even Arden you are good. Also I love to go bar/ hole in the wall restaurant hopping and sac is definitely great for that too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    sigpic

Comment

Yosemite not too far south, too.
                      1990 Alpine 325iC.

Comment

You have to be into the outdoors. (oxymoron?) not much to do city wise, but i used to live in Grass Valley and spent a lot of time in Sac/Roseville/Rocklin/Auburn and shit gets old quick.. but the rivers and biking and camping is next to unprecedented. In terms of car meets, it didnt seem that active. Maybe coming from Arizona is different but from a general stand point, there are a few stragglers, but the real BMW life is in SoCal.
                        '89 Delphin 2.8 Cabrio
                        '94 Yamaha FZR 600

Originally posted by FlexdXJ
                        Is that thing on air?

Comment

Originally posted by phreshkid View Post
                          Modesto? Have you ever been to Stockton? Have you ever been to Fresno?

Actually Modesto is pretty bad too.
                          Yes. I'm from SoCal. I spent 27 years of my life in California. I could add Brawley/El Centro/Imperial Valley into the mix, but Modesto still takes it.

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                            Yes. I'm from SoCal. I spent 27 years of my life in California. I could add Brawley/El Centro/Imperial Valley into the mix, but Modesto still takes it.
                            I dunno Barstow is the worst ive ever been,But Never been to Modesto.

Originally posted by ToPLeSS(e30)FeinD View Post
                            You have to be into the outdoors. (oxymoron?) not much to do city wise, but i used to live in Grass Valley and spent a lot of time in Sac/Roseville/Rocklin/Auburn and shit gets old quick.. but the rivers and biking and camping is next to unprecedented. In terms of car meets, it didnt seem that active. Maybe coming from Arizona is different but from a general stand point, there are a few stragglers, but the real BMW life is in SoCal.
                            Ill only be Up here for six months,then its down to socal. All my stuff is in palm springs.
                            ALL i have with me is my toolbox/clothes/dog/one colnago/and my dj stuff.

oH YA and this computer,that wont make the trip back.

Comment

Sac is underrated. The only people who slam it are cocksucking hipsters and also just regular hipsters.

Unless you're a pretentious wankjob, you'll like Sac.
                              2011 1M Alpine white/black
                              1996 Civic white/black
                              1988 M3 lachs/black

Comment

U mad bro?
                                '89 Delphin 2.8 Cabrio
                                '94 Yamaha FZR 600

Originally posted by FlexdXJ
                                Is that thing on air?

Comment

Working...
                                X