Help me host a SF bay Meet !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me host a SF bay Meet !!!

hey guys its me jesse, and im here to attempt to host a meet/caravan in the bay. but i need some help last year i did a little meet and no one liked it. =\

but hey at least i tired.

this year however things have changed i have a new facility, and alot more experience with the community.

This time around i want to make it worth while, raffles, free food, free drinks, free rock chip touch up, and as much as i can.

i will be looking for other shops to come help out, and try to have them also make it worth the community's time

but i NEED help i cant do it alone and i need someone who is forum savvy.

All i want is to give back to R3V for all the cool people ive worked for and the people ive met.

that being said i want to try to keep this BMW only.

im thinking of doing something in may but hey its up to you guys.

thanks for any and all feed back =)

if you wanna help please PM me

UPDATE: so i talked to a few other shops and ive gotten the green light on getting more cool stuff to give away.

essentially my plan is to have about 2k worth of prizes/goodies for people

also im talking to a wheel and dent repair guys as i type this so that i can get them to come out and give you guys a on the spot deal.

im kinda set on a caravan before the meet, i mean shit who dosent wanna see 15-20 e30s smashing in the back roads. but that depends on you guys
    Last edited by JesseStacks; 04-08-2013, 08:10 AM.

sounds interesting. May can be a busy time for us college folks, due to it being the end of a semester with finals/projects going on.

any idea on where this meet/drive would be? id suggest somewhat of a midway point between the largest communities in the bay so you can get the maximum attendance.

Comment

whatd you guys do last year when you hosted it?

Comment

here is a link to last years. from what i hear it was a ok first attempt but i feel i can do better for the community.

also i am in the works of having a paintless dent repair and wheel repair guy on site to make it more worth while for you guys.

i already have talked to some other shops and ive gotten more goodies for a raffle and coupons and stuff like that.

@blazinxpk, you bring up a good point, now i just dont know if it should be early may or early june.

@whaaac last year when i was with my old shop we met up there in san leandro and drove out to dublin for a small BBQ.

Comment

how many people showed up?

Comment

Early June. I'll cruise up if enough people decide to go, and if someone lets me crash at their pad. (I might be able to use a friends place)
            sigpic

1999 528it - Daily Driver “Dad Wagon”
            1991 325is - 2.8L Budget Stroker Garage Slut
            1991 318is - Sold
            1986 325 - Sold

Instagram - Lamoursum

Comment

Jesse, if this pushes through, i think it would be good to either a) have the bbq right at the shop. b) not have it at the shop and make it just an actual bbq meet c) if a and b is out of the question, hopefully bbq spot closer to shop than last time. A few guys broke off the caravan to the bbq spot after a while of driving.

Comment

Instead of free raffle prizes can we just get free beer :D

Comment

this all will take place at my shop unless we are 100 cars deep. my parking alone is 30-40 cars.

the caravan is a option but not really needed, i just suggest it because it would be cool hit hit up the back roads and take some pics/vids

last time we had about 25-30 at the first point about 15 at the bbq. it was shitty i know but i have for sure a crowd whos down as it is.

Comment

Seems like a lot of the "new generation" of e30 owners use Facebook to coordinate meets. Strongly suggest promoting via that channel.
                    past:
                    1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                    1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                    1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                    1985 323i baur
                    current:
                    1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
                      Seems like a lot of the "new generation" of e30 owners use Facebook to coordinate meets. Strongly suggest promoting via that channel.
                      Yes i agree, most of the recent meets have all been through. Most people on here are following the r3v and norcal e30 FB pages so when events happen almost everyone gets notified and here people tend to not log on every day, or at least i dont haha.
                      Got all da Alpine bitches mad cuz my main bitch Calypso.

Comment

i know that with facebook it will blow up but i wanna do a grass roots effort first to make sure i can hit my root audience. essentially when we have a plan i can get to promoting the event.

Comment

Working...
                        X