house rental in the Sacramento area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

house rental in the Sacramento area

My wife just got accepted to CSUS so we are planning to move to Sacramento by the end of this summer. I want to ask some questions for the local before making any move. which area is decent to live in without paying high rent (budget $1000)? we want to live as close to the college as we can but don't want any apartment. I forgot to mention we have two young daughters so safety is our first priority. I have been looking on craigslist and saw some house/duplex below our budget which is located near the oak park area. How is the area and such? We are not looking for anything big, just 2 bed 1 bath house/duplex. thanks for any inputs
    Bought parts from me before? leave your feedback here

I'm not sure I'd be thrilled at moving into the Oak Park area but things in Sac can really differ from block to block! We lived in the Hollywood Park area and I really enjoyed it there. My recommendation is to look in that area or east Sac as you are an easy bike ride to midtown, near where you want to be and in nice areas. Best of luck in finding a place - with patience I'm sure you will.

Comment

Oak Park is pretty Ghetto. You have to pick the street carefully, but still depressed and Gangsta ridden.

Hollywood park is old school but still pretty nice today...right near Land Park and I5. I grew up near there.

$1000 is probably a little low to get you into any of the decent East Sac neighborhoods which would be near Sac State.

The Howe avenue side of the College is either expensive or College apartements.
      Suspension tips here...
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/album.php?albumid=757

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dudecati View Post
        I'm not sure I'd be thrilled at moving into the Oak Park area but things in Sac can really differ from block to block! We lived in the Hollywood Park area and I really enjoyed it there. My recommendation is to look in that area or east Sac as you are an easy bike ride to midtown, near where you want to be and in nice areas. Best of luck in finding a place - with patience I'm sure you will.
        i was hoping oak park is no where like the oak park here in stockton, but guess not. i'll look into hollywood park.

Originally posted by GCMARK View Post
        Oak Park is pretty Ghetto. You have to pick the street carefully, but still depressed and Gangsta ridden.

Hollywood park is old school but still pretty nice today...right near Land Park and I5. I grew up near there.

$1000 is probably a little low to get you into any of the decent East Sac neighborhoods which would be near Sac State.

The Howe avenue side of the College is either expensive or College apartements.
        how about any area in Sacramento that is within our budget that is decent? it can be far from csus. we planned to move out of Sacramento after she is done with school, two years at the most since we hated the Sacramento traffic.
        Bought parts from me before? leave your feedback here

Comment

Working...
        X