Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

South Bay Tom Lantos Tunnels Drive

*****THIS HAS BEEN CANCELED*****

I still want to do this drive, I will reschedule it and make a new thread for that when I figure out the new date.

The other day heard about the Tom Lantos Tunnels, the new tunnels to bypass the Devil's Slide section of Hwy 1 (more info for those of you who do not know what I am talking about here: http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/articl...26-4352830.php ), and I have been wanting to drive up there and drive through it ever since. I thought some of you guys might be interested in doing the same thing, so I planned out a nice route through some twisties and decided to make a group drive out of it.

This is my first time planning a group event so if you guys have any advice or I did anything wrong, please let me know.

Where:

The Meeting place would be at the 76 at the bottom of Hwy 9 in Saratoga, this is a pretty easy place to find with enough parking for a small to medium sized group and people can grab some gas before we leave if needed.

When:

Since the poll didn't help much and it sounds like there's a lot going on over the dates I initially picked, I have decided that it will be on the 25th of May. As for time, I was thinking we could leave at about 10:30am.

Route:

For those of you who don't like maps, we would start by going up Hwy 9 to Skyline Blvd. We would then take Skyline all the way north to Tunitas Creek Rd. Once on Tunitas, we would follow that down to Lobitos Creek Rd and take that down to Hwy 1. From There we would take 1 up to the tunnels, have our fun with them and head back down 1 to Pescadero Rd. Then we would go up Pescadero to Alpine Rd and take Alpine to Skyline and 9 then end back where we started.

Food:

We would most likely need to grab lunch somewhere. I am open to suggestions on this, I would say Alice's but I know how crowded they get on weekends.
    April 27th
    50.00%
    May 4th
    0.00%
    May 11th
    50.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by YosemiteSam; 05-24-2013, 11:15 PM.
    sigpic

Looks like a fun drive, wish I didn't live so far away.
    Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

going to see lots of cars on the side of the road!

Comment

You should do pescadero road as long as you're over there.

I might join if i bolt all my things to my stuff in time.
        cars beep boop

Comment

This is a great idea but my Saturdays look busy for the next month: my new clutch won't be broken in by the 27th, the BMW Club's HPDE is on May 4th, Cars & Coffee is on the 11th and there's a swap meet on the 18th.

Comment

Originally posted by IAmGary View Post
            This is a great idea but my Saturdays look busy for the next month: my new clutch won't be broken in by the 27th, the BMW Club's HPDE is on May 4th, Cars & Coffee is on the 11th and there's a swap meet on the 18th.
            Dang, I didn't know about those. Maybe I'll add some more dates to the poll.
            sigpic

Comment

My classmate was telling me about this road and he took his evo there a few times. You may count me in as to also that I will put my own footage/equipment in my car.

Herb
              - 98 M3 Cabrio
              Photo work: http://www.herbreal.com
              Instagram: @herbreal
              Twitter:the_herb_real

Comment

Originally posted by HerbReal View Post
                My classmate was telling me about this road and he took his evo there a few times. You may count me in as to also that I will put my own footage/equipment in my car.

Herb
                Which road?
                sigpic

Comment

Wait till my semester ends!
                  Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD
                  1998 BMW Estoril Blue e36 M3/4/5 SOLD
                  1987 BMW 325 (The Piece) SOLD
                  1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

Comment

Originally posted by YosemiteSam View Post
                    Which road?
                    Devils Slide.
                    - 98 M3 Cabrio
                    Photo work: http://www.herbreal.com
                    Instagram: @herbreal
                    Twitter:the_herb_real

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post

I might join if i bolt all my things to my stuff in time.
                      Looks like a good road, I'll go ahead and change the route to include that.

Originally posted by craiggroves91 View Post
                      Wait till my semester ends!
                      When is that?

Originally posted by HerbReal View Post
                      Devils Slide.
                      Ah.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                        took Oliver on this road. i've drifted an 89 aerostar pulling a tent trailer down that road, when i was 19. then later used to race Porsches and other cars/bikes with my cabriolet on that road.
                        it may be one of the best roads and hasnt killed me yet.
                        Much wow
                        I hate 4 doors

Comment

Looks like a good road, I'll go ahead and change the route to include that.

When is that?

Ah.
                          I should be done May 22nd

I mean if school isn't crazy demanding during the chosen date I can probably make it!
                          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD
                          1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

Comment

Originally posted by craiggroves91 View Post
                            I should be done May 22nd

I mean if school isn't crazy demanding during the chosen date I can probably make it!
                            Well, whenever it ends up happening I hope you can make it. I would love to hear that S52 of yours roar through that tunnel.
                            sigpic

Comment

Well, whenever it ends up happening I hope you can make it. I would love to hear that S52 of yours roar through that tunnel.
                              Same! I may have a high flow cat put in by then to tone her down

1989 BMW 325i SOLD

Comment

Working...
                              X