anyone interested in a Foothills meet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone interested in a Foothills meet?

I have never done this before but was curious if there are any meets/picnics or what ever youd like to call them, in the foothills area being, Newcastle, Auburn, Grassvalley, Nevada city, and such? If so when do they meet? If not maybe we can see about a meet. There are a few places here in auburn that are cool to bring your e30 to like, in n out, Mels, heck i could talk to the guys at Ryan GMW and see if we could try a meet there with his permission first of course. I only really know of the auburn area so if your from the surrounding area feel free to chime in and let me know if there are any places to meet up.
    Float like a cadillac sting like a Bimmer!:)

sigpic

This is probably gonna be your best option.
    1988 BMW 535is - 5spd - H&R - POS

Comment

Ryan from RGMW had a meet at his shop last year, it was really freaking cool.

CAtuned in sac has meets bi-annually, which are really awesome as well.

there is a meet in sac that happens once a month, heres the link: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=28546

other than that theres not much from my knowledge.
      i would be down to come to a few meets once my e30 is running, i love the foothills and i have friends and family up there that drive e30's, GC mark (mark from ground control) and his son kyle my best friend since birth! they have tons of e30 friends too.

maybe we could organize something, both in n out in folsom or auburn are pretty cool places with nicely lit parking lots, or if during the day ikedas in auburn is really cool, but at night its a very poorly lit place and semi-sketchy with the ghetto motel across the way.

any other ideas on good food joints with well lit parking lots?

Comment

I was in Auburn yesterday. The Railroad Bridge over 180 Is hella dope.
        Took my M535i and loitered around the Old Railroad depot.
        Have you seen the flyer for the Sacramento weaves show,here in the cali section.

Comment

Totally interested. Auburn has a lot of nice stuff that I'm sure would work.

Comment

There are some guys from grass valley that I met a little bit ago and they were sharing how they would totally be up for a meet somewhere in the auburn/gv area. We all agreed that sac is too far to drive for a meet on a more regular basis.

Comment

Originally posted by alloydix View Post
              There are some guys from grass valley that I met a little bit ago and they were sharing how they would totally be up for a meet somewhere in the auburn/gv area. We all agreed that sac is too far to drive for a meet on a more regular basis.
              Dats wimpy.
              Ill drive just about 100 miles for a meet... As long as it sounds fun enough.

Comment

Auburn AleHouse in Old Town has awesome beer! Could be a good rally point, jus sayin.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean S. View Post
                  Auburn AleHouse in Old Town has awesome beer! Could be a good rally point, jus sayin.
                  This sounds neato

Comment

well if there is an interest then lets throw around some ideas and maybe we can all have a meet more than just once or twice a year lol.

so far theres just

Auburn AleHouse in Old Town

any other suggestions ?

sigpic

Comment

Are we planning on doing a little driving too? I've always wanted to drive Icehouse Road from Georgetown to Kyburz.

Comment

We can after we do a couple of meets cause a Canyon run would be a fun drive and I have to agree that would be a fun drive. I will post a date and location for the meet tomorrow.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
                          Dats wimpy.
                          Ill drive just about 100 miles for a meet... As long as it sounds fun enough.
                          Haha well if I had a somewhat more fuel efficient e30 I might be up for driving longer distances.

Comment

totally thought of the wrong foothills...

carry on.
                            sigpic

Comment

Anyone still down for this?

Comment

Working...
                              X