Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bay Area - Anyone want to help me with Much Needed Suspension Work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bay Area - Anyone want to help me with Much Needed Suspension Work?

Hey Guys,

I have a 1991 325i that needs some suspension work. I've been putting it off, since I thought I was going to get my E21 project done sooner, but that has hit a snag, so am going to go ahead and fix these things.

I got an estimate from Phaedrus BMW in San Francisco, but seems very pricey given the nature of the work. I also would like to do the work myself, as I haven't done suspension work previously. Would anyone be up for helping me do the work either Nov 2nd or 3rd? What I am looking to do is the following:

- replace lower controls arms and bushings (and alignment) - Phaedrus said there's large play in inner ball joints
    - replace rear shock mounts
    - replace steering rack boots
    - replace rear subframe mounts
    - tighten steering gland nut
    - replace front and rear shocks with HD Bilsteins
    - (possibly) replace brakes

Am considering renting space either at Pit Row in Santa Clara or Lifted Workshop in Fremont, whichever is most convenient, unless the person who wants to help has any suggestions... hit me up! And any advice is greatly appreciated, especially with where to buy all of the new stuff above. I am considering BavAuto, but know they're not the cheapest in the biz. Thanks!

Evan
Working...
X