Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bay Area (Berkeley/East Bay) - anyone has H&R/Bilstein sport setup I can test ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bay Area (Berkeley/East Bay) - anyone has H&R/Bilstein sport setup I can test ride

Does anyone have a H&R sport and Bilstein Sport set up on your E30 (post facelift would be ideal) that I can see in person and test ride? Need to make sure it's not too rough for kids before ordering it. I have an 91 sedan.

I'm in Berkeley/El Cerrito area but can travel a bit. Will compensate your time with coffee, donuts, gas, etc...Thanks.

Hey! I have a 91 sedan on H&R Races and Bilstein sports all around.
    If you want to wait until December, we can go swang around on Grizzly Peak.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
    1983 Peugeot 505 STI
    1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
    2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Thanks freeride53. Had to go ahead order the combo to meet next Friday's delivery timeline for next weekend's installation. Based on my research, the ride should be ok. Grizzy peak s/b fun, reminds me the olden days when I bring up my 04 STI up there.

Comment

I have the same request! Im on the peninsula and I definitely want to test out the H&R sport Bilstein combo to see how I'd like it for a daily...
        2003 Z4 3.0 6-speed- Silver, 19's, daily driver
        1990 Silver 325i- Lowered on H&R OE Sports, e90 drop hats, KYB shocks, color matched rocker panels, 16" Emortal RS wheels on 205/50/16 tires... Currently getting a full refresh including an S52 swap!
        1997 Black Ford Probe GT- Stripped to 2220lbs, MS3X, Forged motor in midst of assembly... Dyno results and 1/4 mile times pending

Comment

It's a nice daily setup. If you're at all worried, go sport OE
          Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
          A Topless Memorandum

Comment

What are your concerns about that type of set up.
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

In in napa with h&r/bilstien sport setup on my 89! Along with ie 22/19mm sways. If you're looking to test it out let me know! Defiantly feels planted and firmer than my 06 wrx was.

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

E36 M3 Build thread http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=597637

Comment

I want to find the magic combination of going as low as I can, with the softest ride I can. I know it's going to be a hard mix to find as going lower inherently requires harder springs. I'd also love to put an is lip on the car if I can manage it, but dont want to have to worry about scraping all the time. Basically I want to have my cake and eat it too!
                2003 Z4 3.0 6-speed- Silver, 19's, daily driver
                1990 Silver 325i- Lowered on H&R OE Sports, e90 drop hats, KYB shocks, color matched rocker panels, 16" Emortal RS wheels on 205/50/16 tires... Currently getting a full refresh including an S52 swap!
                1997 Black Ford Probe GT- Stripped to 2220lbs, MS3X, Forged motor in midst of assembly... Dyno results and 1/4 mile times pending

Comment

Originally posted by dadsbmw View Post
                  I want to find the magic combination of going as low as I can, with the softest ride I can. I know it's going to be a hard mix to find as going lower inherently requires harder springs. I'd also love to put an is lip on the car if I can manage it, but dont want to have to worry about scraping all the time. Basically I want to have my cake and eat it too!

I mean if you're just worried about the lip scraping, it's not a big deal. They sell for $60-80 on eBay for a reason. Oil pan and other goodies, yeah I'd be worried...

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

E36 M3 Build thread http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=597637

Comment

Working...
                  X