SO CAL: who fills and drills wheels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SO CAL: who fills and drills wheels?

Looking for someone to fill and drill my style 5s in Orange County/ south LA county. Anyone had experiences locally?
    Originally posted by IRON-E
    Yeah, you're definitely a vw

Wheelflip, LAX Wheels, Nigel [einstein57] on this forum.
    » PARTS FOR SALE
    » TRANSACTION FEEDBACK

Comment

I tried to get a hold of wheel flip and never succeeded, I'll definitely check out the others. Thanks!

Comment

LAX will tell you it will take a weekend to finish, then finish them in a week and a half.
        My experience twice with them.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Boobs

Originally posted by ak- View Post
          LAX will tell you it will take a weekend to finish, then finish them in a week and a half.
          My experience twice with them.
          And make sure they understand the center bore requirements. They will weld in a ring that doesn't meet any specification and then give you the wheel back. Your life becomes more complicated.

And ak- is correct. I've had 5 sets done by them and every time I call and they say the wheels are ready, they aren't. Twice I've gone there after calling and confirming that my set is completed and ready for pickup, and twice I left empty handed. And a 2 hour round trip isn't all that great, especially to LA.
          Last edited by phreshkid; 11-08-2014, 09:32 PM. Reason: secret identities
          world renown Harry Potter expert
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by phreshkid View Post
            And make sure they understand the center bore requirements. They will weld in a ring that doesn't meet any specification and then give you the wheel back. Your life becomes more complicated.

And ak- is correct. I've had 5 sets done by them and every time I call and they say the wheels are ready, they aren't. Twice I've gone there after calling and confirming that my set is completed and ready for pickup, and twice I left empty handed. And a 2 hour round trip isn't all that great, especially to LA.
            I totally forgot about the center bore thing. After destroying a wheel from an accident, I had to get another done and they welded in a mystery hub ring without telling me. Had to go get it machined out to fit my hubcentric spacers..

Use them if you are not in a hurry whatsoever.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Three amigos
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
              My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Einstein, your inbox is full. Check your visitor messages, if you habe the time I'd like to talk to you about doing these wheels.

Comment

What's the usual cost for this?
                  Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
                  A Topless Memorandum

Comment

As much as you want to spend. Usually $50 a wheel, up to $100.

Comment

Can't get a hold of Einstein or wheel flip. Anyone else got a reliable shop they can refer?

Comment

The last time I tried to get some wheels filled and drilled from LAX they told me they weren't doing that anymore because too many people complained. This was probably close to a year ago, has anyone had them do it since?
                        Byron
                        Leichtbau

Comment

E30spdfrk, have you tried new year polishing and chrome? They are in Santa ana off the 55. I've used them to repair wheels but their fill and drill is weird. They welded a plate to the back of my wheels then machined it off mostly.

Comment

I haven't, but I'm not looking to get it done anymore. After more and more experience with filled wheels I've decided that the downsides outweigh the upsides.
                            Byron
                            Leichtbau

Comment

What downsides do you speak of?

Comment

Working...
                              X