STOLEN CHEVY SUBURBAN 94 white and blue Concord, CA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vincent Brick View Post
    My friend had her '97 base Neon stolen 4 times, twice in Ohio, once in Jersey and again in Florida. The last time it was found burnt to the ground.
    I'm surprised she didn't get the message the first time.

Comment

How hard are E30s to steal? I'm always told that is someone wants it, they'll get it. But do people really want E30s that bad to steal them (not heavily modded or full on restoration). If I was a car thief, and E30 would be the last car I would steal lol. Did they ever find the burban?

Comment

I predict that in a year or two they'll be just as popular as 90s civics and 240sx. Ugh.

Comment

E30s are stupid easy to steal just break off all the plastic around the steering column and you could start the car with any key you want
          But for some reason the BMW emblem makes car hoppers think its going to have a crazy security system on it and keeps them away from it
          If your really worries look into a 13 button obc that has a lockout feature and all e30s have the double lock feature which is supposed to be unopenable(if you have the keys to your door locks)

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
            I'm surprised she didn't get the message the first time.
            Insurance kept fixing it so she was like fuck it. They even repainted the whole car after one of the thefts, which was convenient since it was Lapis Blue, a color that always peeled real bad in those early days of water-based automotive paints. Sadly that was the last car she owned, she died in her sleep earlier this year.
            sigpic
            1991 325i Sport - Calypsorot Metallic - DAILY DRIVEN

WTB in SoCal: 8"/10" Lukebox, leather Sport steering wheel, 60L MotoMeter fuel gauge, Thule/Yakima roof rack

Comment

And that was one of the things that tripped me out when I moved to CA, I heard car alarms all the time and was loling at people still using The Club, I hadn't seen one of those in 15 years. I didn't really know car theft was still a thing, I know several people back in Ohio who have been carjacked, but theft of locked vehicles is very rare back there.
              sigpic
              1991 325i Sport - Calypsorot Metallic - DAILY DRIVEN

WTB in SoCal: 8"/10" Lukebox, leather Sport steering wheel, 60L MotoMeter fuel gauge, Thule/Yakima roof rack

Comment

Hope they find it!

My roommate Moms 93 Accord was boosted when she was sleeping. Cops found it 2 hours later and gave the guy a ticket for parking the wrong way.

Then when they released it was hot,It was too late. They found it a week later smashed to hell. The ignition had electrical tape around it to look like a ignition. Nice job Police,real nice.....

Comment

They found it!!! Sounds like it'll be intact. It was in moraga with a busted steering column but that's about it. Going to pick it up now.

Thanks!!

Comment

Dang, the car God's must of been looking down upon you. Congrats!

Comment

Yeah, except for the $400 tow yard fee :(

Comment

The steering column is busted, it was out of gas and a chop saw got stolen, the rest of his stuff was still there. He had it towed home and washed it, put in some gas and it fired right up! So happy to have his buddy back.

Comment

Good news!
                          sigpic
                          Originally posted by JinormusJ
                          Don't buy an e30

They're stupid
                          1989 325is Raged on then sold.
                          1988 325 SETA 2DR Beaten to death, then parted.
                          1988 325 SETA 4DR Parted.
                          1990 325i Cabrio Daily'd, then stored 2 yrs ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Navarone View Post
                            They found it!!! Sounds like it'll be intact. It was in moraga with a busted steering column but that's about it. Going to pick it up now.

Thanks!!
                            Lol moraga. Glad to hear it was recovered!

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                            1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                            1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                            2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Yeah, in the "bad part" of moraga where, I shit you not, google street view shows someone street parked an NSX.

Comment

Working...
                              X