Orange County: Looking for rides in local TURBO cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orange County: Looking for rides in local TURBO cars

This may be a weird request, but I am getting close to finishing my engine and will need to start building my parts cache for my turbo build. Before I commit to the significant capital outlay to do things the right way, I would like to get a sense first hand for what people are using and how they have things set up. I have read a couple books on turbocharging, but books are only good up to a point.

I am asking to meet up with fellow turbo e30 owners to let you take me for a quick drive around the block and talk shop for a short bit. My goal is to gain a better understanding for what guys have gone through to get things sorted out and how different power levels and tunes feel driven on the street. I am not asking to drive anyone's car, but merely be a passenger and feel what is going on.

I would specifically like to find someone with a twin scroll setup, as well as intercooled and non-intercooled vehicles. A water -methanol setup would be cool to experience as well.

I am not a weirdo nor a serial killer, I am but a humble civil servant looking to learn from others and share in the enjoyment that is "God's Chariot"; with snail power of course.

Thanks for your consideration.

Greg
    sigpic
    Rediculously Cool!

www.squatchboxx.com

Instagram @squatchboxxcoolers

I can vouch for Greg, he's not that much of a 'weirdo' but not sure the serial killer part!?!? 8^)

On a serious note he likes to learn and wants to do things right the first time and if you seen his car you could tell.

Not that he is asking to drive but he has driven mine, I have driven his, he is a respectful and responsible person. I wish I had mine finished and would give it to him for a week to drive 8^)
    My M20 Frankenbuild(s)
    4 Sale - Fully Built TurnKey Megasquirt Plug and Play EMS

Comment

where are you at in the OC? I might possibly be over in the irvine area this weekend/

Originally posted by blunttech
      Dude this is r3v. 20 bucks gets you a used timing belt or a low mileage head gasket

Comment

Originally posted by mrcheezle19 View Post
        where are you at in the OC? I might possibly be over in the irvine area this weekend/
        I'm 10 minutes from Irvine. I'm off Saturday and in Tustin in the am, which is also right next to Irvine. PM me and we can coordinate.
        sigpic
        Rediculously Cool!

www.squatchboxx.com

Comment

How are you SoCal guys getting smog done? PM me if you have any tips...
          sigpic
          Rediculously Cool!

www.squatchboxx.com

Comment

Besides removing everything, how are you SoCal guys getting smog done? PM me if you have any tips...
            sigpic
            Rediculously Cool!

www.squatchboxx.com

Comment

Still looking
              sigpic
              Rediculously Cool!

www.squatchboxx.com

Comment

Sorry I missed you last sunday, we can try and put something together later this week.

Originally posted by blunttech
                Dude this is r3v. 20 bucks gets you a used timing belt or a low mileage head gasket

Comment

Working...
                X